The Final setup

Matseb2611

Blue Mage
Gil
Sorry for yet another thread in just 2 days, but I just completed the game and was wondering which parties did other people allocate their characters to and also which order for the final fight.

Since my best characters were Sabin, Celes, Cyan and Terra, my good characters were Locke, Edgar and Shadow, Gogo being as good as the party you put him in, Umaro good but unpredictable, Setzer, Relm and Mog being my weaker, and Strago and Gau being my worst, these were my parties:

Party 1: Celes, Locke, Edgar and Umaro
Party 2: Terra, Cyan, Gogo and Setzer
Party 3: Sabin, Shadow, Relm and Mog

And for the final battle the order the characters stepped in was this:
1) Terra, Locke, Edgar and Shadow, 2) Umaro, 3) Sabin, 4) Celes, 5) Cyan, 6) Gogo, 7) Mog, 8) Relm, 9) Setzer.
The ones who ended up fighting Kefka were Sabin, Celes, Edgar and Cyan which was a good setup for me (though I would've preferred Terra instead of Edgar, but I needed one of my 2 good mages for the earlier part).

So, let's hear what was your setup. :)

Yea, people making the FF6 area active! ;p

This was my party setup:

1: Terra, Edgar, Celes and Lock
2: Sabin, Shadow, Setzer and Gau.
3: Relm, Umaro, Strago and Mog

I actually, to tell the truth, never lost my first team....
m003.gif

Terra, Celes, Locke and Edgar were my main four and they were in pretty much all time before the final dungeon, and they were my best characters (obviously); they all got all the magics and I made sure they had all the best weapons, armour and relics.

Edgar was slightly weaker than the other 3, so I placed the other 3 in different parties. After that I looked at each of their weaknesses. Terra had everything (Ultimax2 at mp cost 2, thanks to her relics) so she didn't need much support, but the other two needed some. So Edgar went with Celes due to his physical moves, and I put Strago with Locke since Strago had good magic skills. Then I just spread the rest out evenly according to their level and how many magic they had, and ended up like this:

Terra, Umaro, Setzer, Gau
Celes, Edgar, Cyan, Gogo
Locke, Strago, Sabin, Mog

The last battle just ended with my aforementioned 4, so the rest didn't really matter:P

Locke, Celes, Edgar, and Terra. In that order :dave:

Locke: Mugging ability, speed, and because he's the unofficial leader
Celes: Runic. Enough said
Edgar: His tools always come in handy. And he's a king :shakefist:
Terra: Magic and, of course, morph ability

They all can use the best swords in the game, which is good because when you hit level 80 and whatnot, certain things become obsolete.

I see most of you have similar favourites. Does no-one like Sabin's Blitzes and Cyan's Bushido? Those tend to be battle winners for me for most of the game. It's only when I got -aga spells and Ultima that magic became more powerful in my party.

I was also wondering, how do you manage to accurately put your characters in the right battle order at the final part? Can you guarantee that none of them will get killed or zombified? Because that 3rd Goddess pre-Kefka boss did some attack that killed two of my party members when I defeated her, and so the next two came in. It worked out fine, because I got Sabin and Celes to come in (my two best characters), but if I hadn't known the bosses get harder, I would've been screwed for Kefka battle.

Celes: Runic. Enough said

I actually hardly ever used Runic. Maybe because I need more knowledge of the baddies and hence to know when to use it. Because the thing that annoys me about Runic is that it restricts you from using any magic too until Celes' next go, so you have to be sure the monster/boss you're fighting is going to use it. I like Celes mostly because she seems to be the most balanced character in the game. She is not bad at melee and she is pretty good at magic too.

Thanks for the opinions, guys.

I see most of you have similar favourites. Does no-one like Sabin's Blitzes and Cyan's Bushido? Those tend to be battle winners for me for most of the game. It's only when I got -aga spells and Ultima that magic became more powerful in my party.

I was also wondering, how do you manage to accurately put your characters in the right battle order at the final part? Can you guarantee that none of them will get killed or zombified? Because that 3rd Goddess pre-Kefka boss did some attack that killed two of my party members when I defeated her, and so the next two came in. It worked out fine, because I got Sabin and Celes to come in (my two best characters), but if I hadn't known the bosses get harder, I would've been screwed for Kefka battle.

I love Sabin's Blitz, they are awesome. But its best to team him with Gau. In Narshe, when you are fighting against Kefka, put him with Gau and Cyan and they make a massive-hit--slasher team meant for strength and speed. Its actually a great team :>

Well, the thing about the setup is, it goes in a 1, 2, 3 order. So, here's the list of characters.

Terra
Edgar
Locke
Celes
Shadow
Sabin
Setzer
Gau
Mog
Strago
Relm
Umaro
Cyan

It doesn't matter what their place the names takes, but the first four you select will be the first team, the next four the second team. So if I picked Locke, Edgar, Celes and Sabin for the first team and Terra, Setzer, Shadow and Mog for the second team, replacements would be fill according to which of the second team, you selected first for its team. So for team 2, if I selected Terra first and then Shadow, Terra would be the first to come to team 1 when someone died first and then Shadow would be the second if someone died again.

I actually hardly ever used Runic. Maybe because I need more knowledge of the baddies and hence to know when to use it. Because the thing that annoys me about Runic is that it restricts you from using any magic too until Celes' next go, so you have to be sure the monster/boss you're fighting is going to use it. I like Celes mostly because she seems to be the most balanced character in the game. She is not bad at melee and she is pretty good at magic too.

Thanks for the opinions, guys.
Well, if you can figure out a basic chart of how and when the monsters use a spell, Celes' attack is great. Like if a monster attacked twice, used a special attack and then would cure, you could have Celes us Runic on the turn for the monster's special attack so when it was his turn to use magic, she'd steal it. :>

Celes is even better than normally if you're against a monster undertrained.

That's why I like Celes. She's great with a sword, but as good with magic. :>

You're welcome! I always love to share ideas and the such, especially for FF6 :)

It doesn't matter what their place the names takes, but the first four you select will be the first team, the next four the second team. So if I picked Locke, Edgar, Celes and Sabin for the first team and Terra, Setzer, Shadow and Mog for the second team, replacements would be fill according to which of the second team, you selected first for its team. So for team 2, if I selected Terra first and then Shadow, Terra would be the first to come to team 1 when someone died first and then Shadow would be the second if someone died again.

Yeah, I've gathered that they step in in order when someone goes out, but you know if you have an ideal team to face Kefka, how do you guarantee that the right amount of previous characters step out, so that when it comes to Kefka you have your ideal team facing him?

You're welcome! I always love to share ideas and the such, especially for FF6

Awesome. I am surprised FF6 has so few discussion topics, especially compared to FF5, which I've heard is a less popular and less good FF game.

Yeah, I've gathered that they step in in order when someone goes out, but you know if you have an ideal team to face Kefka, how do you guarantee that the right amount of previous characters step out, so that when it comes to Kefka you have your ideal team facing him?

It is difficult obviously to keep all 4 members alive at all times throughout, but if you just make sure that they are alive at the end of each stage of the battle then this is relatively easy thanks to Auto-life (Reraise? don't know what they called that magic in US/UK version as I have only played the Japanese version).

If you revive and heal your characters before ending each section and make sure they have auto-life too (probably only vital in the very last part before Kefka, the woman and the head part, since one of them use am unavoidable 1-hit KO attack on one of your characters just before they die), then you should be able to use only your favoured 4 in the last battle.

This isn't too hard seeming as there's so much overpowered magic in VI (Quick, Reraise, Ultima, Meltdown) and you can steal a Ragnarok and Atma Weapon during the last fights (this is if you have Locke or Gogo, that is).

As the World of Ruin seemed like a complete waste of time to me, I only collected Celes, Sabin, Edgar, and Setzer before grinding a bunch and blazing through the final dungeon. Maybe the ending would have been better with Terra in my party but she disappointed me as a main character with her whiny, selfish attitude and I really only needed one healer to beat the tougher boss fights.

Not much else to say really, I basically ignored all of the side quests and rare equipment at this point and focused exclusively on building stats and spells and maxing out my inventory with healing supplies. After a certain point the enemies really weren't that much of a challenge to beat.

One enemy in particular in the world of ruin, I can't quite recall its name, but it's a dinosaur. That things practically holds your hand to level 99. I don't remember the amount of EXP you get, but I know it's an absurd amount. Almost as if the game creators made a mistake. I trained everyone up to lvl 99 and there was no one left who could even touch me, really.

My final team was: Locke, Terra, Sabin, and Celes.

I didn't really have to use anyone else :p

Awesome. I am surprised FF6 has so few discussion topics, especially compared to FF5, which I've heard is a less popular and less good FF game.

Oh.....well then, I guess you'd just have to make sure you keep healing yourself. Well, for my first try, I put the spell of auto-life (It was called something else I think...) on them all with Celes and then kept attacking with everyone else.

Oh, from what I heard, FF5 is the most popular in Japan. At least, all my friends say its "FF5 this" & "FF5 that". They even said its gotten so big, fake anime openings are in the hundreds.

Unless you meant in the US then I don't understand either. But I guess FF7 is currently the most popular? lol

Terra in my party but she disappointed me as a main character with her whiny, selfish attitude and I really only needed one healer to beat the tougher boss fights.
Terra selfish and whiny.....? :worried:
She was so sweet and in a dilemma about who she was. How...?

I think I just died a little inside....:'(

Ah I didn't know FFV was so popular in Japan. It just seems whenever I stumble on anything FF related on the web, many imply that FFV is the weakest FF game, or among the weakest. I am trying it out now, and although it's not bad at all, the characters don't have much depth to them. Yeah, VII seems to be sky high. It's the FF game that introduced me to the franchise.

Reraise seems to be a great spell indeed. It just takes ages to learn, so I only think I had one or two of my characters learn it, so ended up not relying on it so much. Ultima was my ace card most of the time in that tower.

Hehe, I do see why someone would think Terra is whiny. She does seem a bit angsty. I still like her though. She is a sweet character, but she always seems to be angsty about something if you see what I mean. I suppose it's because she finds it hard to fit in to the world as she is neither a full human nor a full esper, so she wants to know where exactly she belongs.

Well, at least we have the discussion forum here, eh? We can discuss final steps up and stuff! Favorite teams, characters -- all in here. We just gotta make sure as FF6 fans, to keep the place afloat.
30dhxk3.jpg

Yea, FF5 is really popular in Japan. Its probably decreased due to FF13 though....

Hehe, I do see why someone would think Terra is whiny. She does seem a bit angsty. I still like her though. She is a sweet character, but she always seems to be angsty about something if you see what I mean. I suppose it's because she finds it hard to fit in to the world as she is neither a full human nor a full esper, so she wants to know where exactly she belongs.

The hurt I feel in my heart right now. Do you see my username? Who do you think I am? :gonk:

Terra lost so much...how is she angst? She was controlled by a pysco who could have well, you know. She was forced to kill hundreds of people, even her own peoples. She lost her mommy and daddy, didn't know if she could love...gah, I just tear at the description of her story!
tomacry.gif

Hehe, I don't have anything against Terra. If we're talking about annoying angsty characters, then a good example would be Bella Swan from Twilight series. But Terra actually has good reasons to angst. That is the difference. Terra lost a lot more and because she actually IS different she doesn't feel belonged in the world. Heck if she was a real person, I'd ask her out. :P

All righty. Maybe someone can start another FF6 topic on this board so we have more of them to talk in. I've started 2 already. Maybe we can have a poll - "Do you find Terra angsty and annoying or not?" a) Yes, she annoys the hell out of me, b) She is angsty all right, c) She is angsty, but I still love her, d) Don't talk nonsense.

Hm. Celes was a must-have... Sabin for his techniques... Edgar for the weaponry- and because the two were brothers. Locke, because I thought Celes and Locke to be the female and male protagonists respectively- lol.

Generally, all the four didn't actually rely on their characteristic abilities- Rune Blade for Celes, for instance. I simply trained them all to master the spell 'Quick' as well as 'Ultima'... Which gave rise to my 'Ultima(te) Spamming strategy', which I used to completely thrash the final boss in quite amusing timings. :D

Better yet, for Celes, whom I equipped with that thingamajig- the one that reduces the mana costs of all spells to 1- and another thingamajig that allows dual casting. Was it the Soul of Thamasa? Nevertheless. It almost seemed as if my team had 9 members during the battle, with me using 9 Ultimas per turn.

It was one of the most amusing boss battles I ever had. :D

@Єphemeral:

Yea, it was the Soul of Thamasa.

Interesting. I don't think I've seen a team formed like that before. I've seen teams with Celes and Locke in them....

But did you happen to keep that team for the Final Set Up as well?

Hehe, I don't have anything against Terra. If we're talking about annoying angsty characters, then a good example would be Bella Swan from Twilight series. But Terra actually has good reasons to angst. That is the difference. Terra lost a lot more and because she actually IS different she doesn't feel belonged in the world. Heck if she was a real person, I'd ask her out. :P

All righty. Maybe someone can start another FF6 topic on this board so we have more of them to talk in. I've started 2 already. Maybe we can have a poll - "Do you find Terra angsty and annoying or not?" a) Yes, she annoys the hell out of me, b) She is angsty all right, c) She is angsty, but I still love her, d) Don't talk nonsense.
Whoo, thought I was gonna cry there for a moment.
ws0ntdxy6.gif

Terra would make the ultimate person in the world. *is obsessed*

We could talk about different team combination in the thread I created a while ago. It would allow for some discussion, or isn't there a FFVI discussion thread? Let us take our fanniness of FF6 there! :x3:

@ Єphemeral: Did you not need any healers then, or was Celes your mage?

Terra would make the ultimate person in the world. *is obsessed*

She definitely has the potential. Should someone cross her, they'll have to be dealing with her esper form, and I don't think they'll stand a chance.

OK, off to General FFVI discussion we go then...

Back