Help The Endless Rabbit Trail of Hunt #27

Gil
Greetings all! I hope everyone is okay, and indoors playing RPG's considering all that's going on in the world today! After MANY years I've decided to come back to FF12 to complete some old side quests that I never finished, so I'm working on my final hunt #27 - The Child Snatcher. I've completed all other hunts at this point, and that's the last lingering hunt that I've come back to. However, Micilio tells me I need the Site 11 Key before I can defeat Diabolos, and to talk to Niray in Staras Residence for the key. I went to seek her out in Cloudborne Row, then she told me her little brats ran off into the Magicite (Lhusu) Mines with it. So then I ran down into the Lhusu Mines only to be told I need Site 3 Key in order to open the Wrought Iron Gate. All other gates are locked and the switch has already been hit earlier on in the game.

I finally just decided to do some searching online, and was informed to go to the Phon Coast, and talk to the Fallen Bhujerban and it was supposed to appear beside him on the ground. It is not there either. This rabbit trail just keeps going and I've never been stuck like this before in FF12. I'm really up the creek on this one and could really use some help. Thanks in advance!

The Site 11 key is the one next to the fallen Bhujerban and won't appear until you've completed the Antlion mark (which is the one you receive from Lady Niray). You should be able to obtain the Site 3 key from Niray. The antlion is in site 9. Once you've completed the antlion and the children return home, the site 11 key should appear.

The Site 11 key is the one next to the fallen Bhujerban and won't appear until you've completed the Antlion mark (which is the one you receive from Lady Niray). You should be able to obtain the Site 3 key from Niray. The antlion is in site 9. Once you've completed the antlion and the children return home, the site 11 key should appear.

I don't think you read my post. This is the original FF12, NOT the Zodiac Age, so the Antlion Hunt is not available. The number count on the allotted hunts goes up to 32 for my original version. There has to be a different way. Square Enix wouldn't have been allowed to release an incomplete game to mass production.

Welcome to the forum! :argor:

I’ve added ‘Help’ tags to this thread to help with visibility here.

I don’t know the answer myself (FFXII is one of the few Final Fantasies which I have not actually completed myself) but I asked about for you and did a bit of searching. It is difficult to get an answer to this which isn’t about Zodiac Age now because Zodiac Age really appears to have replaced the original in terms of immediate visibility on the internet. Many Let’s Play walkthrough videos seem to be Zodiac Age now or unspecified.

However, are you sure that the Antlion Hunt isn’t in the original?
I found this post which implies that the hunt was in the base game (the post dates to ten years ago so is pre-Zodiac Age):
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/4...where-can-i-find-the-keys-for-the-lhusu-mines

Or is the issue that you have a limited number of hunts you can take up at one time?

I don't think you read my post. This is the original FF12, NOT the Zodiac Age, so the Antlion Hunt is not available. The number count on the allotted hunts goes up to 32 for my original version. There has to be a different way. Square Enix wouldn't have been allowed to release an incomplete game to mass production.

Actually, I DID read your post. The Antlion is an Elite Mark and it is very much available in the original version of FFXII. I have played through the entire original game. In order to get the Site 11 key, you have to save Niray's children by doing the Antlion hunt. They tell you that they dropped the key. Then, lo and behold, you go to Phon Coast and the key is there.

Welcome to the forum! :argor:

I’ve added ‘Help’ tags to this thread to help with visibility here.

I don’t know the answer myself (FFXII is one of the few Final Fantasies which I have not actually completed myself) but I asked about for you and did a bit of searching. It is difficult to get an answer to this which isn’t about Zodiac Age now because Zodiac Age really appears to have replaced the original in terms of immediate visibility on the internet. Many Let’s Play walkthrough videos seem to be Zodiac Age now or unspecified.

However, are you sure that the Antlion Hunt isn’t in the original?
I found this post which implies that the hunt was in the base game (the post dates to ten years ago so is pre-Zodiac Age):
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/4...where-can-i-find-the-keys-for-the-lhusu-mines

Or is the issue that you have a limited number of hunts you can take up at one time?

Thank you Dionysos for the welcome! I am certain the Antlion Hunt is not in the original for three reasons.
1) As I mentioned in my initial post, I'm down to my last hunt. This is number 27 out of 32. All other hunts that have been provided for me are completed.
2) The Antlion Infestation is Hunt #38, and my list does not go past 32.
3) Because all other hunts are completed, it would have provided the option by now for me to receive the Site 11 Key if completing the hunts was a part of that process.

I know the Zodiac Age is ALL OVER YouTube, I've seen some let's play's, but I played through this game back when YouTube was first starting, and Let's Plays were non-existent. I would enjoy the Zodiac Age, but I'm not buying a PS4 to play that version when I already have a great working version. Plus I don't have any Swap Magic discs to force my PS2 to play PAL and Japan region games, so there's no option for my PS2 except the original. I know it doesn't have many of the same advantages, and I really do wish SquareEnix would have either put these things into practice in the first release, or just never released The Zodiac Age.

The completionist in me may just need to accept that this didn't play out as I had hoped, and I will just have to seek out other side quests to complete. I will check out that hyperlink you posted, and if anyone at any point does come up with a solution, I will gladly be open to hearing any ideas. Thanks!

AllTheHuntsAreBelongToUs

Seems like Ilyena is correct according to the wiki! The elite mark mentioned is available in the base game, but can also be found elsewhere in the zodiac version.

Here's a list of them all, broken down by game: https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Hunt_(Final_Fantasy_XII)

Standard hunts go to 32; the elite ones are 33 onwards.

Actually, I DID read your post. The Antlion is an Elite Mark and it is very much available in the original version of FFXII. I have played through the entire original game. In order to get the Site 11 key, you have to save Niray's children by doing the Antlion hunt. They tell you that they dropped the key. Then, lo and behold, you go to Phon Coast and the key is there.

I'm sorry Ilyena but I promise you it is not, unless my game has completely glitched out, or there's something else going on, because I promise, as I originally mentioned, I already went to Phon Coast and checked beside the Fallen Bhujerban and it should have been twinkling on the ground, but it was definitely not there. I can't save Niray's children because there is no option to do the Antlion Infestation Hunt. The Zodiac Age is the only one I am seeing where this is available. I'm at 200 hours on my clock counter, ready to board the Strahl to head to Bahaumut, but I'm fulfilling old side quests, rather than going to the end and beating the game again.

AllTheHuntsAreBelongToUs

Seems like Ilyena is correct according to the wiki! The elite mark mentioned is available in the base game, but can also be found elsewhere in the zodiac version.

Here's a list of them all, broken down by game: https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Hunt_(Final_Fantasy_XII)

Standard hunts go to 32; the elite ones are 33 onwards.

Then if there's a way to unlock them, I don't know what that is, because mine only go up to 32. I've gone back to check over and over, (including today) and there's nothing beyond 32. 27 is the only other hunt still open, and I can't complete it without the Site 11 Key first.

Have you done any of the elite marks? The trickster, the gil snapper, etc? Elite marks are only given my Montblanc at the Clan Centurio base. There are actually a total of 45 hunts (32 regular and 13 elite marks with Yiazmat being the last).

AllTheHuntsAreBelongToUs

I'm just going by the wiki here, my friend. Have a look at that wiki and see if it can point you in the right direction.

As the name suggests, Elite Marks are more dangerous than regular Marks. The bills for Elite Marks can be obtained only by speaking with Montblanc, after becoming a member of Clan Centurio. Even though Montblanc tells the player about the Elite Mark, in most cases he only acts as a mediator, so the player still has to talk to the actual petitioner in order to accept the Hunt. In a sense, Montblanc's function is the same as that of a petition board.

Have you done any of the elite marks? The trickster, the gil snapper, etc? Elite marks are only given my Montblanc at the Clan Centurio base. There are actually a total of 45 hunts (32 regular and 13 elite marks with Yiazmat being the last).

I will have to check that. The last time I played FF12 was 13 years ago. Hopefully this is all it is!

AllTheHuntsAreBelongToUs

I'm just going by the wiki here, my friend. Have a look at that wiki and see if it can point you in the right direction.

As the name suggests, Elite Marks are more dangerous than regular Marks. The bills for Elite Marks can be obtained only by speaking with Montblanc, after becoming a member of Clan Centurio. Even though Montblanc tells the player about the Elite Mark, in most cases he only acts as a mediator, so the player still has to talk to the actual petitioner in order to accept the Hunt. In a sense, Montblanc's function is the same as that of a petition board.

Absolutely, and I appreciate any assistance! I was just explaining any possible factors that could have been feasible, whether accurate or not. I appreciate the feedback!

I will have to check that. The last time I played FF12 was 13 years ago. Hopefully this is all it is!

It's been a while for me too and my memory is a bit fuzzy about the elite marks. I don't think there was anything special to get them started, just talking to Montblanc after you reach a certain rank. I still have the strategy guide on my game shelf too so if you're still having trouble, I don't mind taking a look.

Back