Gil
Mako Points
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
The Company Tea Party is a political protest led by the FFF officials. Or so the story goes.

First and foremost, thanks and credit goes to @hodjimon for this brilliant idea. Huddle time every few weeks/monthly basis is good practice for us leaders in order to communicate new updates, ideas, issues, or any other activities/events that may be going on here in our community. Of course, @Nicus had to quip in and suggested that we call it a 'tea party' instead...and we do have tea prepared in our FC house for everyone to enjoy.

So on Friday 21st, we had our first tea party. We gave everyone a week notice in advanced. Everyone online at the time gathered inside the cozy house. It was quite fun! Questions were answered, things were clarified, and we just had a good time.

Listed below are the topics we covered. Let's get down to it.

Friday 21st, 2015:

-Meeting Info:
To be held once a month, preferably towards end of the month. We will also take the time to go through our FC member list to determine who is due for a rank promotion. Since we tend to forget these things and we can't possibly remember the exact date everyone joined, we can closely guess and go from there. It's good to do a monthly routine check so that we can also make a point to pull aside some of our Legionary members (trial membership) to see where their interest stands. As you all know, account sign-up to our community is mandatory for many reasons, but we understand that some time may be needed, and this is perfectly okay as long as it's communicated to the leaders.

-Leadership: September is right around the corner, so leadership will be probably be passed to Tom or Gal. My activity will drop as well starting tomorrow, but I'll pop in every now and then to check up on things.

-Tribunus: Currently, Livi is sitting in the Tribunus spot since she resigned from her leader role in order to attend to life duties. We will be looking to promote a few more members for the Tribunus role, and this will be announced end of next month. Please make sure to check the FC Info thread (updated last month) for more details on the ranks.

-Weekly/Monthly Raffle: On top of the gil reward every week, we try to hand out other prizes like minions, glamour prisms, spring dress, etc. (No Adri, I will not include a bustier in the raffles.) There is also a permanent increase in the monthly raffle prize: 50,000 Gil instead of 25,000 Gil. So don't forget to enter as it will end soon. Support for these type of events really helps us out and is very much appreciated! Thanks to Gal for helping me with raffle announcements as well.

-FC Chest: We encourage contribution, as this is a big part of being in the FC. Since there have been numerous requests for the glamour prisms, I went ahead and placed some grade 2, 3, 4, and 5 glamour prisms for cloth, leathers, and armor in the 3rd tier. I'll stock up gradually, but any donations and sharing of resources are most certainly welcome.

-Private Chamber: As you all know, the small house is not permanent, so please be wary about placing expensive non-retrievable mats in the house. We are not responsible for anything lost if we do happen to move. So just be mindful. =] On top of this, private room decoration contest will happen once we make that big move. Everyone is responsible for coming up with 300,000 Gil for the room cost and furniture cost (sorry, not coming out of the FC chest). Originally, I intended for a 500,000 Gil for 1st prize, 200,000 Gil for 2nd prize, and 100,000 Gil for 3rd prize. However, I can in fact bump this up to 1 million 1st place, depending on interest and entries (just to compensate a bit for the amount of gil you guys will be spending) I will also give out forum Gil and GP, along with a colored username. So we'll make this worth it! I might start crafting expensive furniture and including it in the raffles, but I might have to increase raffle fee for that. Hint, hint. =P

Maybe we'll hold our next FC tea party in the winning chamber...

-Fashion Contest: I forgot who mentioned it, but we might look into this soon. Maybe even before the FC room decoration contest begins, as it might take awhile longer to get that big house...

-FC chat-friendly:
Just a reminder to keep things toned down. I understand friendly banter may happen from time to time, but if something starts to change the mood of the FC environment, then it's probably time to use the blacklist.

That's pretty much the gist. I did include a pop-quiz and asked some forum/FC-related questions to see if people did their reading material, where to quickly find info for something, etc. 1k prize for each correct answer. That was pretty fun as well. I laughed at Hodge who was sitting on top of the FC chest when I asked, "In what tier are the HQ Dark Ingots located in the FC Chest?" He jumped up so quickly to check. Wish I had recorded that!

I'll be sure to think of more questions next time.

Until then, have fun and don't forget to drop by here from time to time and leave Livi sweet messages so she'd come back to us!

Harlequin

Keepin it Movin
FC Leader
Veteran
Gil
Mako Points
FFXIV
Harly Mystile
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Thank you to everyone who attended the meeting held yesterday (September 30th). We all gathered in the house, exchanged ideas and emotes and had a few guests from Esper and Se7 present!

Below is a rundown of what was covered.

Weekly and Monthly Raffles:

With regards to the raffles we've altered how the prizes are distributed to winners. From now on winners of the Weekly and Monthly raffles will need to log in before the next respective raffle ends to claim their prize. We decided on this to prevent active members missing out on prizes whilst inactive members could in theory stockpile rewards. If the winner fails to claim their prize second place will receive the difference between their winnings and first place. That said the Monthly Raffle has started again so make sure you enter!

FC Raids:

We'll be looking to get players from the FC together for raids on what will most likely be a weekly basis. Whilst the pool of active players is relatively small in comparison to a few weeks ago we can always include members of the wider FFF community on FFXIV. We'll most likely be looking to tackle Alexander but as always its never set in stone and we can even do previous content we haven't cleared such as Coil and the Extreme Primals. Pony Farming and the like is also a possibility.

It'll be quite flexible starting out so don't worry over commitment, but if you'd like to take part you can register your interest and discuss availability here.

Leadership and Promotions:

Earlier in the month we promoted Hodge @hodjimon and Katie @RFair to the rank of Tribunus earlier than anticipated due to the relative lack of activity among the leaders of the FC at the time, followed by Steph Silverhand who was promoted to the same rank so congratulations to them! They can help the FC out with actions and chest access in the absence of Mits or I. Congratulations to Mark @GothicSyn too who has been promoted to Optio!

Leadership for the month of October has been passed to @Mitsuki, I've moved down to Legatus.

General Information:

The upcoming Halloween GSOTM Contest will have a prize of 200,000 Gil for first place, 100,000 for second and 50,000 for third so be sure to enter.

The FC meetings will be held on the last Friday of every month from now unless stated otherwise and we'll be sure to announce the upcoming meetings or any changes to the date or time a week in advance for everyone's schedule's sake. The next meeting will therefore be held on the 30th October unless stated otherwise for which of course prior notice will be given.

Also, Charlie @Gil Gates decided to leave the FC citing a desire to not be attached to any particular FC and also that he wouldn't be resubbing in the foreseeable future. I greatly appreciated the help he gave us and I'll miss having him around.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harlequin

Keepin it Movin
FC Leader
Veteran
Gil
Mako Points
FFXIV
Harly Mystile
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Thank you to everyone who attended the meeting held on 30th October, for those who missed it here is a recap:

With regards to Raffles be sure to PM us if you have any ideas for prizes that you'd like to be considered and of course if you are a winner be sure to remind us in game.

We completed our first Airship and decided on the name Final Heaven given the majority were in favour of that name. We're sending it out on exploration voyages to rank up. Remember that if you are a crafter you can contribute to future projects within the workshop and of course feel free to send the Airship out on voyages if you can.

Patch 3.1 will introduce a process in which Housing is automatically demolished. If the owner of a Personal House or any FC member of an FC House doesn't enter the house (that's the inside of the house rather than just the front lawn) at all for 45 days straight the house will be demolished. Whilst this is an obvious worry for us it's even more of an opportunity for us to grab the large plot we've been angling for. Chances are new plots will become available around Christmas time so we'll need to keep an eye out for that and as always be wary of any possessions left in our current house when taking a prolonged break from the game or otherwise. We can dismantle the Airship and take the parts with us if we do move to another plot, but the EXP progress will have been lost and of course the workshop as well.

Mitsuki

Veteran
Gil
Mako Points
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Recap of our November 28th meeting:

-Airship and ranks: We're still trying to figure out how this fully works, which Sector to send airship to, etc. So at this time, airship deployment/finalization is only available for Ranks 1-3. We're leaving this in Tom's hands for now as I don't fully understand it myself. With that said, thank you @GothicSyn for the Airship Guide link.

-Contribution: We discussed contribution overall as well. If we can all work together and help fund for the FC house, that would be much appreciated. Yes, we do have the Gil for it as mentioned a few times before. However, we don't want to be left in a position where after all is said and done, furniture furnishings included, a few of us are suddenly broke. So contribution (doesn't have to be Gil) on everyone's part really helps us individually.

-Chest & Mats: We didn't fully cover this in the meeting, but please be responsible with mats. What I mean by that: no taking mats straight from the chest and selling them straight to the market for your own personal profit gain. We trust everyone to take mats as necessary because we want to help and provide, but let's not take advantage. Again, this ties in with contribution. We've exercised responsibility and contribution with great care in hopes to be exemplary key players, and I hope this message continue to resonate across our FC culture and vision.

All of my HQ mats and some non-crafting mats are all in the chest. I've chosen to share all my resources with everyone because the idea of a fun contribution system sounds neat. It would be a big disappointment to see this crumble, so let's make sure it doesn't happen. =]

-Coke: The FC will need a bunch of coke (and I mean, hundreds and hundreds) in order to build our airship. We've already completed the lowest rank airship, so we're moving on to the next project. Any help you guys can provide with this, much appreciated! You can purchase coke with GC seals, so let's run those content! Leaders will be taking the full stack of coke from the chest so that we can make room for new stacks. They will be saved in our retainers and later distributed to BSM/ARM crafters to help craft mats required for our airship.

That being said, ever since the meeting we've seen a huge improvement with contribution as a whole. Thank you all so much! Let's keep it up. =]

Thank you all for joining the meeting! Until next time.

Harlequin

Keepin it Movin
FC Leader
Veteran
Gil
Mako Points
FFXIV
Harly Mystile
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Thanks for those who could make it to our impromptu meeting on January 27th.

Below is a run down of what was discussed that I can remember.

Character Alts:

If you have an alt you'd like to join the FC that's fine, but we'll be limiting the number of alts to one per member and they will remain at the lowest rank. To avoid packing the FC with members who aren't active the leaders reserve the right to dismiss inactive members including alts that aren't being used. As always be mindful of necessity; as a matter of courtesy we would ask that you ensure your alt is active enough to warrant joining the FC.

Airship Details:

When we moved from our plot in Lavender Beds to Mist we had to dismantle our airship and demolish our workshop. In the process we lost the experience our airship had acquired from voyages so we'll need to send it out regularly to rank up again. Permissions have been adjusted accordingly.

We'll be starting on the third schematics soon, it's called the Enterprise-type.

Promotions and Leadership:
GothicSyn (Aerian Elcarus) and shivas (Nevyn Kreiss) have been promoted to Tribunus and Centurion respectively so congratulations to them! I'll be promoted to leader when Gal and I are both on at the same time. :lew:

Mits will be taking a break from the game so all the best to her! :D

Mitsuki

Veteran
Gil
Mako Points
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
We had our first FC meeting in our new mansion yesterday, so thanks to everyone who joined us yesterday (July 1st).

Recap:

FC Raid:
This has been moved back to Fridays.

Gil Donation: Any Gil donation in the chest will eventually go towards something in the future. Still undecided, but for those who can afford to, we'll continue saving in case any future company projects (or features) come up.

FC Raffles: 10,000 Gil entry for those who wants to join the raffles! Donate to Tom, who has also been elected as our unofficial treasurer!

Alts/Inactive accounts: While we have a laid back policy regarding alts, again please make sure the alt is somewhat active and only limited to one alt per user to avoid bloat count in the FC. It would also help to know which is your alt by including it as a short message, or at least let all leaders know. Same goes for family/friends account in case they go inactive for awhile, and we'll update in the Alts and Family/Friends Account.

Ranks and Promotions: Optio and Centurion ranks merged. Basically, no more Centurion rank, but we did rename Optio to Centurion...because it looks better...? Application/Invitation were the two main features for Centurion rank, so to keep things streamlined and simple, we decided to delete that rank altogether and give Optio (now Centurion) rank permissions to accept applications and send invitations.

Kaura, Tim Brier, and Suni promoted from Legionary to the next rank (now Centurion) as our monthly routine. @shivas promoted to Tribunus. She's been a great help to our member base and has a good grasp of the game (including end content) so her activity will help us out greatly. =]

For the actual stream of the FC meeting June 2016

Galadín

Staff member
Global Moderator
Veteran
Gil
Mako Points
FFXIV
Salvae Celeres
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Symphony
A big thank you to those who joined in our tea party on Sunday, 05 May!

For those who were unfortunately not able to make it, here's a quick recap:

Gil
We are currently trying to accumulate funds in order to revamp our FC House! Decorating has already begun with @Mitsuki and @Ross adding in some beautiful furnishings and features! Have a look at the stream linked below to see for yourself!
We aim to double our Gil by the end of July, increasing our amount from 8,000,000 to 16,000,000. This might be a bit ambitious but we are confident we have the wherewithal to do so. Various schemes are in the works, with gardening being the most agreed on plan. Therefore, we have begun the process of growing Thavnairian Onions for sale on the Market Board - let's see how this goes. As always, all donations are highly appreciated from our members!

FC Actions
Due to the decrease in our company's points, it has been suggested that we start manufacturing Grade III actions instead of buying Grade II with Company Credits. Ross has been put in charge of investigating this for us with an aim of creating leveling actions hopefully in time for the expansion! It will require at least four players to see this project to fruition so be sure to notify either myself (Salvae Celeres), Ross (Keira Welch) or shivas (Nevyn Kreiss) if you're interested in giving a hand!

FC Member Roster
It has been noted that the FC member list needs some tender loving care. It has been some time since the member list has been updated here on FFF and our roster of members updated in-game to reflect the actual number of players still interested in engaging in our company. In order to accomplish this, each member who has been inactive for more than 4 months will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. The overhauling of our FC member base will be commencing 07 May 2019 and will taken on by myself.

PLEASE NOTE: If you're player falls under this remit but you're interested in continuing your membership with FFF's Free Company, please feel free to message either myself or any of our active leaders as soon as possible (i.e. @Ross and @shivas). Thank you for your continued participation!

Operation: Kidnap @sly
Ross has been charged with abducting this individual in order to tend to our gardens and grow our way to a bountiful crop of Gil! He can't run, he can't hide, Ross has glitzy weapons that will ferret him out (you've been warned!)

PICTURE TIME!

Cordi, The Wide-Eyed Fawn, takes the stand!

Whatever are they all gazing at???? The camera is here sillies!

Keira Welch's bit of bling!

It's a Party!

View the footage of our meeting here: Video Archive 05 May 2019

Galadín

Staff member
Global Moderator
Veteran
Gil
Mako Points
FFXIV
Salvae Celeres
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Symphony
Thanks to all who joined this month's FC meeting, as some may have seen, there were a number of members in attendance which is great to see!

For those of you unable to make it to the meeting last weekend, here's a quick break down of what was discussed:

FC Ranks
Over the past month some changes have been made to the FC Ranks and our member roster has been updated to reflect the active players currently in the Free Company. For full detail of these changes please visit the Final Fantasy Forums <Gaia> information thread. It is worth noting that any player who was removed due to inactivity is fully welcome to rejoin the FC at any time, we'd be delighted to see people return - this is not a permanent exile!

Grade 3 Actions
Due to circumstances we were unable to craft the Grade 3 Actions that was planned for the agenda this month. This has been rescheduled for next month with a thread outlining the necessary materials and other such criteria to be posted by @Ross in the coming days. In the meanwhile, since there has been a marked increase in activity and FC points, actions will be purchased and executed once again.

Bird Farming
After the meeting a Bird Farming session was set-up albeit a shorter one than planned due to people not feeling well (Mitsuki and myself) and the late hour (Tami)! However, there was some success in finally obtaining a Sephirot Ex bird mount (congrats @Belazor et Britannia!). Big thank you to @Six for joining the party and pretty much carrying the team to success (hope your shoulders didn't ache too much afterwards!), it's always a relief to have a player around who can explain mechanics and heal at the same time, fair play!
Another Bird Farming party can be arranged for next month if people are interested. Feel free to let the FC leaders know if that's something you want organised.

PICTURE TIME!

View the full footage of our meeting here: Video Archive 15 June 2019