~*The Brush and Easel*~

Warbsywoo

Hellodia.
Veteran
Gil
Welcome to the Brush and Easel.

I decided to open up this new account based on the age of my last art thread and because I feel like pursuing a different route with my art.

I'm going to try to do most of these digitally using Photoshop/Corel Painter.
I hope. xD

Well, here's the first one:

It's not finished, I think it's a good start, and I'll be detailing it out soon.

Jessy.png

C&C pls? xD

It is good start, actually. Some people stop at this stage and post it on deviantart, tbh. I can't wait to see what it's gonna look like as the finished product. :awesome:

That's really good, and I love your sketch version as well, though it got locked before I could comment D: I like the nice warm feel to it and it looks great even without the detail so it'll look amazing with it xD
You have l33t GFX skillz and can draw. :ness:

So I decided to redo the whole sketch (not from scratch, 'cause I thought the hair and face were somewhat where I wanted it to be. I enlarged the eyes, aligned them better, switched some hair around, etc. etc., did away with the scarf, and well, I'll let the image speak for itself. It's still not done, but I've been making decent progress considering I'm a painting noob, so...

LI1-1.png

C&C?

LI2-1.png

Oh how beautiful~! I love the warm tones you gave the piece; the background really brought out the colors ^-^

I liked the scarf though >.< I thought it gave it some personality, heehee x3
It looked good without the scarf as well - I think it makes her look a lot younger in the previous stages of the piece. I can tell it'll turn out to look beautiful x3. Can't wait to see it~! <3

Proportions look great, and depending on whether you want the picture to have that vivid/ soft effect you can either keep the colors and blend (for a softer effect), or add more contrast to shadows and the warmer tones. Overall, I really like how the work is progressing :D

you've done a brilliant job on the shading and the facial proportions are spot on, her face just looks...lit up, it looks really good Warbs ^^

LI5.png

Here is the final. I couldn't think of a background for her so I just left it as a sort of hybrid sketch/painting xD.
Anyways, I'm glad you guys like it. I thought it was a great attempt at salvaging a terrible first attempt (yeah, now that I look back on the first image I posted...ugh :ffs: ).

But this was just practice (srsly, I learned so much about coloring >.>). I'm going to be moving on to doing some actual themes and action.

Expect more soon. :monster:

Σ(゚口゚;! So wonderful!! I really like how it turned out. I love how it all looks so warm and reminiscent; very nice color chart. The facial structure is spot on, I love how you were able to bring out parts in the face that would normally be jutted out (ie: cheek bone, under-eye, upper lip). Great work :-) collab sometime for fun? Hahaha o(> . <|||

Wow I've never come across any of your art work before and I must say you're rather spectacular at it! :gasp:

The detail is immaculate and the use of colour and shading all comes together brilliantly!

The alignment of their features is fantastic!

Keep up the lovely work. =)

I really like that drawing of yourself. The details has a soft touch to it, nothing sharp but still captures that sense of realism all the same. Great choice of colors too - the shading is quite brilliant.

And then of course, the unknown girl is one of my favorites from you thus far. Just love how you professionally pulled it off.

Your architecture project plans look interesting. xD It's really good if I do say so myself.

Here's some more stuff from my sketchbook:

1.)
IMG_0034.jpg

2.)
IMG_0039.jpg

***some of you might recognize this from a famous portrait by Velazquez

3.)
IMG_0031.jpg

Some dude.

4.)
IMG_0024.jpg

5.)
IMG_0037.jpg

6.)
IMG_0035.jpg

7.)
IMG_0036.jpg

*Hint, it's me. :mokken:

Thanks for the comments above, Mitsuki. :monster:

Wow, your pencil work is amazing! Especially the teddy bear - you can really see variety of shading work and lighting there. The second one looks good too, but perhaps adding a bit more depth and shading will make it look more 'complete'. I can see that you probably intended that to be a quick sketch, however. ^_^

Third drawing looks fabulous! The profile looks good and well-defined. You've captured the shading quite magnificently yet again, same with the plant. The shading and blending on the vase looks a bit more smoother than the others, which is just as well.

5th drawing - again, nice one! Wish I could have seen more of the hands though. xD Love how you did the hair.

Overall great stuff you got there! Keep it up and looking forward to more from ya'. :)

Thanks, I think those were all from AP Studio Art senior year in high school. I really like the teddy bear and in fact I drew that from life (although I'm not really sure where the actual thing is...probably buried underneath all the junk in my room).

Also, picture #2 is from this:
innocentx.jpg
:monster:

Here's my latest one: I'm undecided on whether I want to color it or not just to give me experience on coloring faces.

IMG_0096.jpg

C&C please? :andry:

Back