Tetsuya Nomura's True Intentions Discovered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
I've heard from a few people that Tetsuya Nomura is a PlayStation fanboy, which is why Final Fantasy Versus XIII isn't coming out on Xbox 360 and why Kingdom Hearts 3 is totally going to be released on the PlayStation 3.

Some 2channelers have found solid, irrefutable proof of Nomura's love of Sony.

23u5qo2.jpg

That's Noctis Lucis Caelum, main character of Versus XIII. Why did Nomura go with such a peculiar-sounding name instead of something more fitting like Frank, Chuck or Todd?

Well, it seems that if you reorder the words in the character's name, you get:

"NOMULA IS SCE CULTIC."

Nomula is Japanese for Nomura. SCE is, of course, short for Sony Computer Entertainment.

From its root, I deduced that "cultic" must have something to do with cults, and sure enough Merriam Webster defines it as "great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book)."

I'm not really good with anagrams, but perhaps someone can find something similar for heroine Stella Nox Fleuret.

29lb50m.jpg

andriasang

Odd. Very very odd. But cool too, I guess. I think it's obvious he's a SE fanboy, though. He does work for them.

ROFL XD

This just made me laugh- it's certainly an interesting bit of news.

The title sounds like Nomura is someone with an evil plan to cause apocalypse to the Earth or something.

I think the names for Noctis and Stella are more to do with the fact that the Fabula Nova Crystallis titles use a lot of Latin and other forms of symbolic imagery than an elaborately designed anagram.

Then again we all know that Nomura is very pro-PS3 anyway. Nomura rules :ryan:

Hahaha that's fantastic :P On a more serious note though, I don't think Nomura has much to do with what gets released for which console. Square Enix is a public company with stockholders to keep happy and projections that need to be met. The last Square producer/director who was given any kind of creative autonomy like that was Sakaguchi, and that almost ended in bankruptcy (and eventually the merger with Enix). I think they have learned their lesson by now ;)

Wow, people go very far to prove things :griin: I kinda knew he was a sony fanboy since all the FF games mostly came out for the PS2 and PS3 respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back