Tanaka: Final Fantasy XIV will support Move if we get the chance [6/21]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
tanaka.jpg

Final Fantasy XIV software development boss Hiromichi Tanaka has said that his studio may consider using PlayStation Move in the game.

Speaking to the PlayStation Blog regarding Sony’s latest device, Tanaka said:

“Unfortunately, we haven’t had chance to try it [PlayStation Move] out yet but we’ve heard very interesting things about it and we’d like to look at supporting it in Final Fantasy XIV, if we get the chance to do so.

“However, at the moment I would say that there are no current plans.”
The Final Fantasy man also went on to explain that in bringing the game to PlayStation 3, Square is hoping to provide a real MMO experience to the console for the first time.

“Because Final Fantasy XIV is designed as a cross-platform MMO, there is no difference between the PC version and the PS3 version. We believe that previous attempts to bring MMOs to consoles have been unsuccessful because they focused too much on adapting their style to suit that audience and they lost the feel of a true MMO.

“Therefore, regardless of the platform, we are aiming to produce a real MMO with Final Fantasy XIV.”

Final Fantasy XIV is set to release before the end of the year for PC and PS3.

Source: VG247

final fantasy on the move..... could be intresting

would be better on xbox kinect :)

sorry am xbox boy

I think it would fail on either Move or Kinetic :wacky: I don't see how either would go together well with an MMORPG. I don't know...I really can't see how it would work, and work well. D:

If it uses Kinect or Move its goodbye ff xiv Ryan xD

I don't think it'll be that bad, I reckon it'll be optional since it'll be cut down the market significantly if you were forced to use either Move or Kinetic. At the same time, if they're only "thinking" about using Move at this moment in time then it can't be implemented yet so it probably won't play a significant part anyway. :hmmm:

I like the look of FFXIV more than FFXIII the only thing that's putting me off is the PPM. Though, if it's not a lot I could be persuaded. :ohoho:

I reckon it would be quite shit if they did. I dunno, people go on about how this kind of technology will immerse players into the game. But at the end of the day it would probably just amount to flicking your wrist or something, hardly any difference to moving your thumb as you would with a regular controller really..

Personally I think incorporating move into an mmo would probably be shit. But it doesn't bother me as it would be optional if they ever did such a thing.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Last edited:
move in a mmorpg? i dont think it would make sense. this isnt a game you play for a week then stop, its months. youre gonna get tired of stupid move quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back