Help Stuck on a battle in Bevelle

emmi

Gil
So I've completed FFX-2 god knows how many times. I figured I'd play a brand new game from scratch and try to 100% straight away instead of just completing it multiple times. So I got to Chapter 2, right towards the end of the Chapter in Infiltrate Bevelle! As soon as I get inside, after taking the elevator down (I've tried this three times) and there's a battle I can't escape, (Oversoul Flan Blanco and I think it was an Oversoul Archaeothyris) But because I'm stupid, I didn't bother to level up previously because I wasn't expecting this battle and it seems like it's just been set out for me, so I have to do it. I'm level 21 and they just basically kill me within seconds, I don't get the chance to do anything and because I can't backtrack or board the airship, I'm just completely stuck and not sure what to do. Because it's just a new game I don't have all the dresspheres either. I own Yuna, Rikku and Paine's special dresspheres, but I don't even have the time to change to them within the battle. The dresspheres I've been using, I was just varying between warrior, gunner and white mage. I'm not really sure how to go about doing this battle. Any ideas?

A few of the battles in Bevelle are unavoidable so it sounds like you're walking into the first mandatory one. That being the case your trouble also seems to lie in the fact that they're both Oversouling at the same time, maybe you could try getting into a random battle before you hit the battle trigger and either killing them in oversoul before the battle or leveling up a bit, or even both.

If your White Mage knows Reflect it'll make things much easier, you'll heal the flan with its own spells but it'll render it completely unable to attack you, alternatively you can try to raise your Magic Defence with Accessories and using more powerful Dresspheres. I'm not sure what else I can say to help since I don't know everything you have access to at this point.

Though I will say it sounds like you need to focus more on raising your defence and playing it slow and steady. Also check which Garment Grids you have access to, you can have some with the ability to completely absorb elements rather early on so you may be in luck.

Back