Strangest game criticism you've ever heard?

ZaXo Ken'Ichi

Disciple of Vivi
Veteran
Gil
Exactly what the title says. What is the strangest criticism you've ever personally heard for a game? Something that just makes no sense...

Mine comes up rather often, and it's when people criticize Sonic titles for including obstacles that halt your momentum, flow, and speed. This criticism makes sense when, say, you're arguing that certain parts of the design prevent an obstacle from being fair. But criticizing Sonic for just generally having obstacles that slow you down is like criticizing Dark Souls for having enemies that try to stab you, or Final Fantasy for allowing monsters to have turns in battle, or Mario Kart for letting other racers hit you with power ups and get 1st place. That's... kind of the point; to avoid the obstacles so you can continue flowing through the level. The punishment is that these obstacles stop you, and force you to build up your momentum and speed again.

Open world games that are too... open world

It's so bizarre to read. I mean open world games aren't for everyone, sure. But what does that even mean?! I still remember that one Assassin's Creed II review that gave it like a 4/10 because of the fact that you had to travel to different parts of the map manually before 'fast travelling' there (for reference, the game is like 92% on metacritic). The whole point of an open world is to have an open world that can be explored. :|

Back