The Promise - A CloudxTifa Club

I sincerely hope it's not too late to join ~

I'm going to be honest, even before I played Final Fantasy 7 I had a huge shipping war with a few of my friends and I. Since, me being an idiotic yaoi fan, I also ship Cloud x Zack. I shipped Cloud and Tifa for a while, but stopped, due to the fact that at the time, I felt that they were too much like brother and sister to ever be together. Plus, I felt like Cloud belonged to someone else that wasn't Tifa (That, and I don't like Aerith at all.) THat, and I also felt that the "love story" between the two was non existant.

Over time, I slowly began to like Tifa after playing Final Fantasy, and realizing that I severely underestimated her, and I realized that ... I underestimated her severely. She takes on GIANT CREATURES with her BARE FISTS. Plus, when she ever becomes the "damsel in distress" , Cloud comes around and saves the day. I eventually started to like them. And now, Cloud and Tifa is one of my OTPs in Final Fantasy 7

Woop! Welcome to the club! I will add you to the front page right away. Thanks for the little introduction on how you found your true OTP again. ♥ :D

I would definately like to join. I could go on forever and ever on why I like Cloti...If you want to read about 100 paragraphs. lol

I would. We need some juices flowing in this Club. :D Add anything you want, random facts, fun facts, your own story about them! We can even add stuff to the front page. :D

Whoa, talk about changes and new beginnings, lol. Sorry for being away for so long. I hope I'll be able to contribute more to keeping the club alive and kicking. Not that there's much needed. Cloud/Tifa still remain an epic pairing even after all these years and I think we all know it ♥

Though I'll leave this here. Mighty rusty with the good ol' PhotoShop, but I gave it a try >.<

24wtyz7.jpg

*massive squee*

I love that banner! Where did you get that star texture? I vants it.

So Um. One of my fanfictions that I've been writing has really taken off. It's that one that's based on all the 'first time' moments in Cloud and Tifa's relationship? Starting from the first time they met? Well, it's gotten quite popular and for the next chapter I'm really stuck on this decision and I need your help, everyone.

What would Cloud's first gift be to Tifa? Like a secret santa sort of thing? I really like the idea of him giving her gloves, but what do you guys think?
Fusionist Six

Dragon Mage: I honestly don't remember. I either DLed a texture pack at deviantart or I googled it, lol. Sorry >.<

Hmmm...How old are they? Gloves would be interesting, though if you're following the events of the games, Tifa doesn't really grow into her fighter role until after Cloud leaves for ShinRa. I suppose you could mention that with all her times hanging out with the guys, she may have come to want to get into fighting by her own choice and shares that with Cloud, and she probably figures out it was him who gives it to her during a secret santa, lol ♥

Was scrolling through Tumblr again yesterday and... oh man... I missed obsessing over this pairing... :lew: The cuteness that is Cloti... ♥

tumblr_mpjje6edsu1r186lno1_400.png

tumblr_mq1dbtznWg1s6penoo1_500.png

tumblr_mq5rp7P6DD1rbdar3o1_250.gif
tumblr_mq5rp7P6DD1rbdar3o2_250.gif
tumblr_mq5rp7P6DD1rbdar3o3_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mqhigzkBFS1rivmsmo1_500.jpg

“At the end of a long struggle, she gently welcomes back Cloud on his return home after settling things with himself.”

tumblr_mrnjyxEpig1sej270o1_250.gif
tumblr_mrnjyxEpig1sej270o2_250.gif
tumblr_mrnjyxEpig1sej270o3_250.gif

Those screen caps remind me of why I liked Crisis Core! More Cloti goodness in that game~ xD

blue_sky_by_dune_art-d6j3e0e.jpg

1bf341f52bd818eaa7f02521af38eb20-d68icn4.png

*It was Cloud's b-day recently-- :3

snowflake_by_dune_art-d5n87lf.png

closer_by_strifegirl-d5jpkgx.jpg

Stupid dA logo. >.>; I can definitely picture the last one... :tehe:

i and my brother (duh, hes a boy) have a deep, ever burning, violent, flaming, evil, demonic, hellfire hatred for couples. MAN do i HATE couples!!! you cant even understand how much i hate them.

but.

this couple is the very first i have ever accepted as a beautiful one, as does my brother. my brother isnt all that into it of course lol but still, he'd call himself a cloti if someone asked him.

to be honest i didnt see and clerith,zerith, or coti in the game at all. i just thought it was a very very very very VERRRRRRY good game, as my brother thought. i think its because i was looking at GoingCrazy's (from YT) gameplay and i got the low affection version of the highwind, so that didnt help much LOL i thought tifa liked (well, loved) cloud a lot when she saw him poisoned but i didnt see him giving it back (remember, i had the low affection version).

ironically, i began to see a hint of cloti when i eagerly bought the movie for one cent (2$ tax from amazon), since clotis and cleriths dont find much in that movie. and i saw the disc 2 special features. nomura was speaking and he said something along the lines of "The more happy he is, the more miserable he becomes. He lost it all, and he could lose it again." as i was watching, the screen switched to the movie scenes, and at the point of nomura saying "He could lose it all again" it showed cloud gazing at tifa in one of the multiple times they were in the room. thats when something hit me: he loves her, but she doesnt know it! and SHE loves HIM, but HE doesnt know it!

was i ever so wrong XD but i had an ideal of a love relationship. ironically, while most cloti dont see any romantic stuff in AC, when i watched it again, i focused extra hard on clouds actions when he was with tifa. he acted like he loved her to me. i didnt notice the connection of finding her on the flower bed and running over to save her yet though, but someone on the internet found that scene raunchy LOL

so, when my beginnings of seeing cloud's love life after VII, i never understood why there were people who thought it was clerith. then i understood that they were looking at the game, and i was looking at the movie. they were in the past, and i was the present. shocked, i asked my brother (i had never asked him this before) if he thought cloud hooked up with tifa, and he replied "Isn't is obvious?" so i knew i wasnt crazy after all.

moving on : P
so then i researched on the finalfantasywikia and i saw the discredited scene of the chocobo stall. that nailed it for me. but then, in my reading of previous LTD threads, i kept seeing "tifas risqué line". when i read "Words aren't the only way to tell how you are feeling" i literally had no idea what she meant, because i hadnt seen it in the game before. thus my rabid researching of the historic highwind scene. the HIGH affection version. then everything was clear. BOTH of them loved each other, and BOTH of them know it! and here i am :)

but these pics on here are making me blush for realzs. i like a nice couple, but this is going down the path i dont want it to be. its all kissy and everything. i like the relationship pictures of cloud and tifa when they arent super intimate, but its clear they are together.
i guess, thanks to my original disliking of couples, thats why i like clouds family more than cloti. i like it just the way it is. : D dont get me wrong, i think clouds love for tifa is adorable and sweet, but i was almost in tears of happiness when i saw how fatherly cloud was acting with marlene. how he held her hand in the forgotten city, and smiled at her, and i REALLY liked the extra scene in ACC when marlene was talking with him in front of the bar. denzel's infatuation of cloud being his hero, and clouds love towards him wasnt displayed in AC that much (or at all). so i really loved the denzel flash back when cloud met him and "saved" him in ACC also. his love isnt just all focused on tifa (but im sure by the look tifa at the end of the movie there was definitely some playing around) its to his son and daughter.

but yea, id better stop mah ramblings and say CLOTI FTW!!!!! and id love to join (but id like it if someone toned down some of the pics though).

so now, when cloud rushes up to her, i know how both of them feel ^_^

(hope i wasnt much trouble, i have the tendency to post a ton when i speak my mind)

P.S. i completely forgot, but if you press stop on the advent children (NOT COMPLETE) on either disc, you see the iconic scene of AC when tifa is passed out and cloud is staring at her, shocked. more cloti proof ^_*

P.P.S. i like the last pic above me doe. i can picture that!

This club looks mighty inactive but I love this pair. <3

Sadly enough it is... Not enough active members supporting Cloti, perhaps. Love this couple too, though. :D Ever since 1997!

Yeah I see the Clerith one is FILLED and this one looks so sad next to it, lol. Not that I mind because Clerith is a good ship but it's not my otp.
*sobs on the floor*
I've loved it that long as well though. I just love the theme of childhood friendship evolving into romance which I think happened between Cloud and Tifa. I always freaked out watching AC for the first time and seeing them having a family together. UGH my heart. <3

Yeah, sadly enough there is more active Clerith members at the moment. It's all good though, hopefully people will just start to get back in to things, and we can call this place 'booming' again. :D

What's your favourite Cloti moment in FFVII? Riku

Yeah I see the Clerith one is FILLED and this one looks so sad next to it, lol. Not that I mind because Clerith is a good ship but it's not my otp.
*sobs on the floor*
I've loved it that long as well though. I just love the theme of childhood friendship evolving into romance which I think happened between Cloud and Tifa. I always freaked out watching AC for the first time and seeing them having a family together. UGH my heart. <3

ikr why is clerith so popular??????? DDDDDDDDDDDDD:

Lets try and keep the club on track. =]

It's not so much that Clerith is more popular, the current active members are just in to Clerith more so than the Cloti ones. :D Everytime I read this thread though, it makes me wanna replay VII. :D

Lets try and keep the club on track. =]

It's not so much that Clerith is more popular, the current active members are just in to Clerith more so than the Cloti ones. :D Everytime I read this thread though, it makes me wanna replay VII. :D

ohhhh ok then : D but its like on any other one. like TheLifestream.com. they know that cloti is realz but even their site has more people in the clerith club than cloti one.

anyway heeeeey mind if i put some pics up about cloti? i got some i'd like to get off my chest if you know what i mean.....:nudge:

Cloti pics are more than welcome, please mind to read the rules before you do though. They're mentioned on the first page. :D And while we're at it, seeing you're around the forum on and off, welcome to the club. ;)

ok heres a picture. its a story of cloti

http://seraphlimonade.deviantart.com/art/Eternity-209512906

and for the longest time i have had an everlasting hatred of fanfics. but now i have found this one and its pure awesomeness! i hope he/she finishes it!

it has cloti and zerith in it, but i would love to ask him/her may i edit it because there are some periods needed as well as commas quotation marks and such. its called The Mako Special and ive never read anything like it. :( i looooooooooove how zack is portrayed in here (as a matter of fact how he is written started my obsession with him and eventually made him my favorite character). the writer tries to write as much in personality as he/she can so there wont be (many) awkward moments in there.

anyway here it is

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4380702/1/The-Mako-Special

Last edited:
Back