Star Wars Graphic Novels

Marshy

Don't Forget Me.
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
Does anyone own any Star Wars Graphic Novels? If so could you say which ones you own and alittle about them.

I recently bought Star Wars Republic Commando: Hard Contact, Triple Zero, and True Colours (all the same series). Im not one thats into much books but so far im loving Hard Contact. What ive read so far about is that there currently breaking through the blast doors to fight the Geonosians. Not very far into it. Also I read a bit of Triple Zero only cause i couldnt find Hard Contact til today. Triple Zero has Jango Fett in it and at first you are with the Kaminains and there chatting about the clones and then theres a defected batch and the Kaminains are going to kill them when Skirata stops them and says hes going to train them.

Anyways I was just wondering if there were any more good ones.

Robbiedbee

Red Mage
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
Those three that you are proper novels, but the topic says graphic novels. I own practically all the Star Wars literature that has bene released over the past 5 years or more, so it can't hurt to recommend some of both.

For novels, there are some others around the Clone Wars era. 'Shatterpoint', 'Dark Rendezvous' and 'Cestus Deception' stand out, although they are more Jedi-centred. 'Jedi Trial' is more military based, focusing quite heavily on war, and tactics and strategies and stuff. The co-writers of this book have written a few heavy war novels, and it really shows. Perhaps given that you're liking the Republic Commando Series, you might like this book.

The main bulk of SW novels are set after all 6 movies. The main starting point is the 'Thrawn Trilogy' which is comprised of 'Heir to the Empire', 'Dark Force Rising' and 'The Last Command'. It really is the best starting point, because there are 40+ novels, which can seem a bit daunting. From there there is the Jedi Academy Trilogy, the Hand of Thrawn Duology, The New Jedi Order Series (19 books).

As far as graphic novels go, the main bulk is set around the Clone Wars era. There are about 10 TPB collections of the monthly 'Clone Wars' comic, which is brilliant. Collections can be found of comics set just before Episode I, starting with 'Prelude to the Rebellion' then 'Outlander'. Further back in time (like, 4000 years) there are TPBs of stories about early Jedi and Sith. These are referred to as the 'Tales of the Jedi' series. The artwork isn't too good, but the story is pretty solid.

Full details of all can be found...

www.theforce.net
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Scrutator

Running Wild
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
Shatterpoint and anything done by Timothy Zahn (Thrawn trilogy which is the best overall imo), Aaron Alliston and Michael Stackpole (both worked on the X-Wing series + I, Jedi) are what I'd recommend to start off with. Possibly The Jedi Academy Trilogy as well by Kevin J. Anderson as well. The rest range from crappy (Children of the Jedi, Planet of Twilight) to pretty excellent (Courtship of Princess Leia, The New Rebellion).