Star Ocean: The Last Hope International Marketed with Anime Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogling

yaoi master ari
Veteran
Gil
Star Ocean: The Last Hope and Star Ocean: The Last Hope International are pretty much the same game, but Square Enix is marketing the game differently on each platform.

In North America, Star Ocean: The Last Hope International uses anime art for the game’s cover. This is a change from the sci-fi-ish Xbox 360 box art which has a CG silhouette of Edge. For the West, a classic menu interface with anime portraits is one of the new features in the PS3 release.

2helrf6.png
mrcrac.png

An optional CG model menu interface is one of Star Ocean: The Last Hope International’s new features for Japan, but Square Enix Japan is still advertising the game with artwork instead of rendered characters.

ra5i84.jpg
6p50r8.jpg

The marketing transition appears to be lost in Europe where Star Ocean: The Last Hope uses the same shadowy character models for both versions. Europe’s International box art is actually a modified version of our Xbox 360 cover art with Reimi and a purple glow.

105s45t.jpg
208a8sw.jpg
20ixdhk.jpg

Source: Siliconera

I was just on Siliconera xD

I really don't like the PAL version covers at all. We'll just get the Xbox 360 US and PAL covers combined to make the SOI European cover :gonk:

I love the very anime-like Japanese cover version! But obviously the marketing genii think anime isn't very big here or something.

We pick up where the other left off xD

To be honest, the last row covers are my favorite ones.

I do like the last one for the PS3 and the second one for the PS3 :ryan: They look much better on the International version. Not too much of a fan of the first one mind, after seeing the latter two. The Japanese 360 one just looks like they couldn't be bothered xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back