Square Enix Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness

rowe

Eternally Begrudged
Veteran
Gil

What we know:
  • Currently, this title is a Playstation exclusive.
    • In Japan, it was released on both the Playstation 3 and Playstation 4.
    • So far, the NA and EU versions of the game will just be released on the Playstation 4.
  • Although it is the fifth main series entry, it takes place between the second and third games.
  • The main protagonist is named Fidel Camuze.
  • The planet the game takes place on (or at least begins on) is called Feykreed, which is 6000 light years from Earth.
    • It's considered an undeveloped planet in the game.
  • In battle, you may use up to 7 characters. (I believe that's how many playable characters there are? So possibly all characters.)
  • As Star Ocean does well, there will be private actions and multiple endings.
If there is anything else I missed, please let me know! ^_^

Getting my "Day One" copy/version tomorrow! Hoping to fit in a bit of play time later in the day.

Last edited:
I forgot to preorder this as I didn't have a ps4 at the time and forgot to when I got my taxes done earlier this year. Really would have liked to be able to get this but now without a job unless I have a huge student refund coming to me and decent cash to spare after paying off rent and maybe trying to get a meal plan at school I don't know when I will be able to get this game.

Well, my game is delayed. -_-

Apparently there are some nasty storms from where it's being shipped from, and the new ETA is between tomorrow and Friday. Talk about a broad range. :dry:

Okay, so the game arrived yesterday, and I'm currently 7 or 8 hours in.

Last save was where Emmerson (Kenny!) and Anne's ship is blown to bits by the group known as Kronos. Now currently playing with Fidel, Miki, Victor, and Relia, and taking a secret passage into another country/area.

Trying to get the roles nice and leveled up, because there's a boss upon leaving the passage that just crushed me. Haha.

I saw that this game got a low rating review from different game sites. I find that weird for it to be a new game.
From what I've noticed (and it may not be the case in a larger sense), many of the reviewers haven't played the rest of the series, or have only dabbled with it. So I can understand that, coming into the series at this point, the game could potentially not click. But for those that've played the other games, like myself, it's what I expect in general. (Although it's not the best of the series, for sure.)

Currently in the Signisilica, getting my ass kicked. (Still on Galaxy mode.)

Made it as far the Ash Dragon, about two-thirds of the way through. It mopped the floor with me. From what I see so far, it only has one devastating ice breath attack. Looks like I'll need to make use of the Creation system and add some ice resistance to my equipment. (Thank you, Walch.) -_-

Beat General Alma and finished Galaxy mode last night, and I'm doing the post-game Maze of Tribulations. (Ran into the infamous Santa, too. :lew:)
I'll be starting a Twitch stream for the Universe difficulty fairly soon. ^_^

So, the post-game dungeon. Still trying to get through it. I realized that, when I first started it, I was seriously under-leveled/under-preprared, so my decision was to partake in many little side quests, and run through the Cathedral of Oblivion a few times. (I was trying to get an awesome sword for Fidel there, but no luck.)

Anyway, with the assistance of some role tinkering, I finally got through the first floor of the dungeon last night. The bosses demolished my characters a fair number of times, but my victories were still inevitable. :yay: Der-suul is the absolute worst, though. Ugh.

But now, the second floor. Let's see how much I get my ass kicked here. :lew:

Back