Square release English dub of TGS FFXIII trailer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
Square Enix has released the English dub of the Final Fantasy XIII trailer released earlier this week from the Tokyo Game Show.
Everything makes sense now, what with the confusing translation and even more confusing Japanese out the window. Still looks awesome though.
It’s after the jump.

December 17 in Japan for PS3. Spring 2010 in the West for PS3 and 360.

Last edited:
Hmm, interesting. I guess it's not so bad...although is that Lulu's voice I hear as Jihl? Sounds similar to her.

As for Hope...how did I know his VA would be from someone in the Disney Channel? -_- It's ok, I guess. He is a teenager afterall.

Vanille's kinda hurt my ears to be honest. >.> It's way too girly. Lightning and Snow I approve though. Serah...I'm on the fence on that one.

Overall not too bad but of course, Japanese version is always better in my opinion.

OMG Now that it's in English it's even more amazing. I have chills. This game is just going to be so fucking incredible. If I had a penis, I'd totally be creaming my jeans right about now. :wacky: All jokes aside though, I am so excited for this game to come out. It really is going to be amazing. And I still love Serah! x3 I never noticed this, but after she and Snow kiss she starts crying. I wonder why?

Snow sounds hot

Also, I wasnt at all arsed about getting this game til now, ffs, one more bastard thing to save for

Might flog my Wii....

Sigh where's Cid? =P

Joking anyway I like all of the characters thus far. Hope is a bad ass kid, but I wonder why they used the voices they did for Snow and Serah.

I reallly love those characters in the Jap. VA, but for some reason it sounds like these are kids from an acting school. It's a bit out of place, but it will get the job done =).

Can't wait..

Videogasm anyone?
It looks pretty epic and the battles look amazing. I'm pleasantly surprised with the dubs as well :grin:
Thanks for the share mate!

The imagery of a trailer of a hopefully good game is good. It's even better when you know what they're saying. :ryan: Now we can understand the dialogue, we have a bigger hint as to how the plot will unfold. :awesome:

Voice acting seems fine, though naturally a tad out of sync, but that's the thing about a game made by the Japanese :gasp:. The voices for Lightning and Snow are good, and Hope ain't bad considering he's voiced by a mousketeer :gasp:

Last edited:
The dialogue is only slightly variant on the Japanese version- that's alright. The lip synching seems acceptable. Lightning, Jihl, Vanille, Serah and Snow's voice acting seem OK- but not amazing. As for Snow and Yaag- the scene with Snow cornered by the PSICOM- the acting seems a bit half-hearted in my opinion. The voices sound really tame at that point. There's not a lot of emotion and emphasis there. Yaag's voice has a bit of a growl additionally.

God damn that was awful. Melodramatic much? Also, Transformer summons are still fucking retarded. Odin actually looked really good, but Sazh's? Fighting in a race car? Are you kidding me? The writing in this is just pathetic.

I'll be getting it Day 1 because it's Final Fantasy, but if this is as stupid as it looks, I'm not sure I'll be so faithful to the series.

The game looks great though. That seems to be all Squeenix is good at anymore =/

Looks like Serah will be gone though. Good riddance.

Last edited:
d'aaaaaw. Serah and Snow are so cute!

Sorrelstar, let's try not to post one-liners in the news topics as these as well have post counts. ^_^ Try and add something more productive to your post like what you liked about the trailer or Serah and Snow. ^_~ Thanks!

Lip syncing needs work at the beginning CGI, but after the gameplay it's good. I'm liking the voices, they hit the right tones at the right moments without coming across as whiny/apathetic.

@zerokku: 'artistic freedom'.

DAAAMMNNN I almost jizzed at the end of that trailer! The graphics are like....I can't think of a way to describe! The voices were good... I wanted to be a voice actor in this game xD (a bit late for that now) most of the voices seemed to fit perfectly, and I think they revealed quite a bit in this preview alone. But DAMN I'm getting that game when it comes out. Fricking awesome!

This made a little more sense now!

I simply adore Serah. <3

But OMG! They are assholes for showing that ending! Does she die or faint is the only thing I'm thinking about when I think of this game. XD

I really am more excited about this game then I was before now. =D

Okay, there's one thing I didn't understand after watching this trailer for the second time: why did Serah (whose name sounds like Sarah in the English one, am I right? xD) jump out of that vehicle thing? She didn't just happen to fall out, she willingly chose to jump out, and then looked like she either wanted Snow to grab her back up, or come down with her too Dx

I have to agree and say that the lip syncing is kind of off, but I admit that over-all, I did like the English voice actors.

But someone said melodramatic, and yar, I gotta agree a bit. It's not that I don't like the concept of the story, it's the execution that's makes it...a little cheesy :P

I dunno, maybe I still have a Japanese > English bias here -_-

Although, Hope's some kind of stud, eh? always around when Lightening's all open and everthing. I guess that's your romance for the main character; a teenage boy xD

Let's see, it's October now that the English trailer is out, and March/April (probably May even >.<) has been the projected release date, so maybe there will still be some changes to be seen O.O

Hmmmm wow I loved every bit of the english voice dub. But I have seen a previous english dub voiced trailer and the voices in that one sounded nothing like em. Anyway the voice acting is good. Serah has Reimis voice from Star Ocean TLH. Lightnings voice is awesome and the rest is also <333333

That's also what I was thinking too, Fusionist. She does jump out and calls out for Snow, which was odd. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be explained.

And I didn't even pay attention to the lip synching as much, so I'll give it another go later. I was too focused on the voices.

I think perhaps she was jumping out of that hover car thingy and calling for Snow to jump out and join her. I don't think she was calling for him to bring her back up. At least that's the way I interpreted it.

God damn that was awful. Melodramatic much? Also, Transformer summons are still fucking retarded. Odin actually looked really good, but Sazh's? Fighting in a race car? Are you kidding me? The writing in this is just pathetic.

I'll be getting it Day 1 because it's Final Fantasy, but if this is as stupid as it looks, I'm not sure I'll be so faithful to the series.

The game looks great though. That seems to be all Squeenix is good at anymore =/

Looks like Serah will be gone though. Good riddance.

LOL incredible...simply incredible. You honestly are the most negative person I've ever seen when it comes to Final Fantasy. I have never seen somebody go completely off and shoot down a game that's not even out yet. xD The writing in it is pathetic? How so? Because you saw a few scenes with dialogue? Oh yes! It's instantly pathetic! OMG!!! I think your expectations are way too high. You can't judge an entire game based on one measly 7 minute trailer. Serah will be gone? Right, nobody knows that so it may end up making you look ridiculous in the end here by making assumptions.

With lip syncing, it's common for them not to match up perfectly, I think the guy who directed Shadow Hearts, or something like that said it's extremely difficult to get a professional who can do it and that his games wouldn't get released without them being synced 100% :wacky:

As for the voiceacting, I liked it. Easily, easily better than any other FF title and the majority of games released with the past year or 2.

I must be frank, voice acting seems to be getting better and better for SE games. There were times when I thought "You coulda put a bit more spirit into that line" But overall, I think the voice acting will be something to look forward too. (My opinion :gasp:)

And it looks like this FF will be using a lot more cinematography techniques, so the player will be getting more engaged in the scenes. The camera work is truly brilliant. FF is becoming more and more like movies every game now. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back