Square Enix Rolls Out Supreme Commander 2 In March

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogling

yaoi master ari
Veteran
Gil
24ewg1i.jpg

Gas Powered Games-developed strategy game Supreme Commander 2 will be released in PAL territories in March, according to a press release from publisher Square Enix.

The game is scheduled for a March 5 release on the PC and March 18 for Xbox 360. In North America, the game is scheduled for March 2. Square originally licensed Supreme Commander 2 back in 2008, well before their acquisition of Eidos. One could say it was their first step toward entering the Western market.

At the time, president Yoichi Wada said: “We see great opportunities in European and North American markets, both of which are expected to be maintaining sustainable growth over these coming years. Therefore, it is crucial we create alliances with proven developers such as Gas Powered Games in order to serve these significant markets better by providing products and services in tune with customer tastes.”

Source: Siliconera

I've never heard of the game tbh but I say do what you will SE. From the picture I see above it doesn't look half-bad. I'll check more into the game at a later date. It looks violent :wacky: with all the things going on in the picture and whatnot I like violence :tehe:

I'm excited about this. Supreme Commander is one of the best real time strategy games released in recent years. I'll be getting ready for some epic giant killer robot on giant killer robot action for sure!

I've never played Supreme Commander, and I hope the sequel here doesn't turn out to be as mediocre as the last RTS game published by SE, which was Order Of War. Then again, I'm not much of an RTS-er anyway. I'd like to have a go at the genre though and love it.

It's just too bad that my laptop spec-wise is awfully pathetic that it can hardly play any new PC game nowadays. The graphics look okay though, like what I've seen from Starcraft II.

It's a strategy game!? Epic win :awesome:

I never played the first one, or heard of it for that matter, but I will definitely check this one out. The graphics look great and I bet the gameplay will be too ^_^

I'm not really a person who likes that sort of game so I'm not too interested in it, thus I know little about it. But SE's marketing scheme is dreadful. What's this, the 4th game SE are going to release within 1 or 2 months. Final Fantasy XIII, Star Ocean: The Last Hope International and Just Cause 2. I can't help feeling the title and Just Cause 2 will overshadowed by the release of FFXIII. At the end of the day, people who are going to buy it will buy it but those who are torn between titles are probably going to put this one off (unless they like that sort of game) for the likes of FFXIII, GoWIII, Bioshock 2 etc.

I really don't understand SE's marketing policy. :wacky:

I'm not really a person who likes that sort of game so I'm not too interested in it, thus I know little about it. But SE's marketing scheme is dreadful. What's this, the 4th game SE are going to release within 1 or 2 months. Final Fantasy XIII, Star Ocean: The Last Hope International and Just Cause 2. I can't help feeling the title and Just Cause 2 will overshadowed by the release of FFXIII. At the end of the day, people who are going to buy it will buy it but those who are torn between titles are probably going to put this one off (unless they like that sort of game) for the likes of FFXIII, GoWIII, Bioshock 2 etc.

I really don't understand SE's marketing policy. :wacky:

I don't see Final Fantasy XIII (a JRPG for the consoles) infringing much upon the sales of Supreme Commander (A real time strategy game for the PC) to be honest. The key demographic for the 2 games respectively, are just too far apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back