Square Enix: Final Fantasy XIII Could Be Delayed Further

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
In a meeting with Japanese press to discuss their financial forecast, Square Enix Holdings were quizzed about both Dragon Quest IX and Final Fantasy XIII. Both are obviously huge titles from an investors standpoint, and the answers given weren't exactly endearing.

When asked specifically about whether Final Fantasy XIII will be released within this fiscal year, the following reply was given:

"God knows. ... Is the truth (laughs). I'll try!"

So, although the Final Fantasy XIII demo issued Winter 2009 as the prospective Japanese release date, it looks like it might not even appear until after April 2010. Definitely not good news for Western gamers.

Source: FinalFantasyUnion

im assuming thats the japanese realise, being pushed into 2010.. that gunna mean i late realise here i suppoze,, 2011 here we wait ?

It's a little bit of good news. It means that SE are taking their time with the game and taking care creating the game and making sure that it comes out just right. Would rather wait a another year than have a half-rushed game that isn't that great in some parts.

It means that SE are really making the effort to make FF13 a really great game. It means that they really want this game to shine and probably try and make it bigger than FF7..

Though a delay is still bad news in a way. Waiting for something for so long can be pain..

Europeans might get something extra with this for having to wait even longer. [ Extra six months + from the American release ] =]

Tbqh this was expected. The best way is to not expect when it will come out and wait til there's a firm release date, i.e, in the shops!

It may even get put back further for European fans. C'est la vie.

Tbqh this was expected. The best way is to not expect when it will come out and wait til there's a firm release date, i.e, in the shops!

It may even get put back further for European fans. C'est la vie.

I have to agree, it was always going to be delayed at some point it was just a case of when and for how long. I further agree that I'd rather have a top quality game and wait longer than a half arsed game sooner. At the end of the day I'm not that disappointed because I knew it would come, eventually.

I wonder if it clashes with DQIX somehow as a reason for any delay- or whether there are development problems. Speaking of which, why is Level 5 taking so long with DQIX anyway?

I'm not too bothered. But the "fans" (if they still call themselves fans) will start a mutiny.

The worlds ganna end before they release the damn game!! >_<

but i guess the longer its held back the better the game will be

Omg noooo this can not be happening! They better not delay it like this! Ive been waiting for this game all my entire Mothafucking life!!! Noooo! Anyways if it does get delayed something bad is going to happen.

Omg noooo this can not be happening! They better not delay it like this! Ive been waiting for this game all my entire Mothafucking life!!! Noooo! Anyways if it does get delayed something bad is going to happen.

That's a bit of an over-reaction, surely?

And, I doubt because it's being delayed that something "bad" is going to happen, I'd bet on quite the opposite - the more time they spend on it, the better it should end up being.

In theory.

The worlds ganna end before they release the damn game!! >_<

but i guess the longer its held back the better the game will be

ROFL

That's right. The world is supposed to end in December 21 2012.

The ways things are going SE will bring out FF13 on December 20 2012

They have a strange sense of humor. =p

Thirteen being a unlucky number and everything wouldn't be it surprised if this happened and the World blew up the next day. It would be like '' complete it before you die '' challenge.

At least we will hopefully get to talk about who got the closest in the game while in Heaven..

Last edited:
In ways it is good, like it was mentioned before that it means they're making an effort to create a good game but then again we can't really judge, the game could be crap for all we know. We've waited so long, I think we deserve something for all this waiting!

Either way it better be good, the more they delay it the more they make fans believe it's going to be outta this world and if it doesn't meet that standard then there will be fire! Dx

Like me and my friends discussed, this could be the game that makes or breaks them (I personally didn't like FF XII and X-2 so hopefully 13 is somewhat decent)

That, or they are just trying to get more sales, until more people have PS3s..

Also it's being released on the Xbox 360 so I doubt that ^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back