Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada is on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
On February 7, a user named "yoichiw" appeared on Twitter.
Yoichiw? Could this possibly be Yoichi Wada? As Yoichi "Imperial Hot Square Enix CEO" Wada?

Initially, Yoichiw user made some pretty standard tweets about his follower count.

But then he started to refer to himself as a CEO. In one tweet, he said that the reason he'd waited so long to start using Twitter was because there are risks in using your real name on such a service. "It will be revealed that even though I'm a CEO, I can't speak English and that I'm not doing work."

Later posts seemed to suggest that Yoichiw was visiting the studio behind Batman Arkham Asylum, and later Hitman and Kane and Lynch studio IO Interactive. The person writing under the IOInteractive username is capable of writing Japanese, which surprised Yoichiw.

More recently, Yoichiw made a few posts about Last Remnant. You know, the multiplatform RPG that still hasn't been released on PS3. He said nothing about the PS3 version. Instead, he provided a surprisingly (given the character count limit) deep analysis of what was good and bad about the game.

So is "yoichiw" really Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada? ITmedia asked Square Enix and got an affirmative.

If you want to see what the CEO of Japan's biggest RPG maker (for now) has to say in 140 characters or less, add yourself to the at present 6,000 or so people following Yoichiw.

Source: andriasang

It's almost certainly written by some poor subordinate paid to write inane comments and to advertise SE's games.

Oh great, so we can see his tweets on how he's killing SE with his terrible ideas. :D That's awesome. :XD:

Although, we guess it's pretty cool that he's able to come out and hang around his "fans" in some way. We can give him props for that.

However, Twitter sucks. So we take the props back. :mokken:

It would be amusing to see what he has to say, given the fact that recently his own staff don't even have a clue what they're going on about. I hope he drops the whole "westernisation" act though, that's boring now >.>

Wada has a Twitter eh?? Though, just like Myspace etc most famous people have someone else login and whatnot for them like Xenu had said since their always busy and whatnot they hire someone don't they? For the most part anyways, right?
:hmmm: Very interesting to hear about how Wada has a twitter now. I shall see what he "tweets" about for myself sooner or later just to know what he has in store >.>

I can't get into twitter myself. It feels like something you access on a Blackberry rather than a desktop :hmmm:

Well, real Wada or not, info is info, so I'll take it either way.

Off-topic: I want Last Remnant on the PS3, nao! Dx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back