Square Enix Bringing Valkyrie Profile Sequel to Xbox 360 and More [4/9]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
Looks like Microsoft can't keep the wraps on anything as we're getting word that Square/Enix is set to announce two new releases for the Xbox 360 at June's E3. One of the releases is a much anticipated RPG sequel from the experienced developers at tri-Ace. The other is a compilation disc of two hits.

While it's possible the titles on the compilation disc can change, we can say with pretty much certainty that Square/Enix is announcing two titles for the 360. The only question is about the second disc which we were under the impression Capcom held the rights to. But first the big news, which is we're finally getting a true console sequel to Valkyrie Profile. We're being told it will be shown in video form only (nothing playable) at the MS E3 opener. For fans of the series, I wouldn't freak out just yet if you don't own an Xbox 360. The series is rooted on the Playstation brand and the word "exclusive" was never used during the conversation about the game. Showing at one companie's press conference likely means a timed-exclusive at best in this day and age.

The second game is a Breath of Fire compilation consisting of the first two SNES titles with updated graphics and modern HD cut-scenes added in. The limited information we were given leads us to believe that outside of the visuals and FMV, these are basically straight ports on a single disc. Again, the franchise started on Nintendo consoles and made the jump to the Sony brand. We can't see any reason the compilation couldn't make the leap to Wii and PS3 unless of course Microsoft pulled out the check book. It could also come down to who's getting paid since Square originally owned ONLY the North American rights to Breath of Fire I, while Capcom owns the franchise as a whole.

While we're all fanboys at heart, I think I speak for everyone when I say we hope these don't stay exclusive. Based on Star Ocean, we're likely looking at a time-exclusive for Xbox 360 since tri-Ace is experienced on both consoles. The Breath of Fire comp-disc isn't exactly going to be pushing any hardware limits if it does turn out to just be a port with visual upgrades, so the Wii should get some love too.

Source: GoFanboy

*breaths in, breaths out, breaths in again and inhales*

OOOOOOOOH MYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VALKYRIE PROOOOOOOOOOFIIIIIIIIILEEEEEEEEE YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

*cough*

I am surprised and so happy right now that they are making another Valkyrie Profile game. I have been waiting ever since Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria was released that tri-Ace would make another one.

And I would not worry about it getting released on the 360 first or something like that. tri-Ace brought Star Ocean too the ps3 after a long wile and I belive that Valkyrie Profile will aswell as there are probaply more fans of that franchise than Star Ocean at the moment.

Still this is overall great news.
Very great news.

This is great news :awesome: I have been hoping that another Valkyrie Profile game would come out! And it's for the 360, a console that come summer I can afford :awesome: Can't wait to see who appears in game (y)

No one has to worry about it being exclusive. A game of the magnitude can't just stay on one system. They are sure to port it very soon.

*GASP!*

I think i just jizzed myself.

But seriously, Valkyrie Profile is one of my fav games. Finally, its available on xbox 360.

YAY!

Valkyrie Profile 3: Hrist, maybe? =D
Seriously, Hrist NEEDS her own game. Lenneth and Silmeria have had one, and Hrist is by far the most interesting of the three sisters in my opinion.
...but I'll be happy with whatever as long as Lezard Valeth is in it. Best villain EVER.

This is definetely the best news I've had recently =D

OMGFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFGGGGGGGGGGGGG A NEW Valkirie Profile on 360 NO WAYYYYYY~!1!111. I just went so crazy! :hmmm: A new Breathe of fire with updated grapics(Snes) OMFG awesome!!!!! Ok Im really excited for a new VP cause I was always hoping for one. RYan you are epic and made my day even better!

I wasn't expecting a third Valkyrie Profile game at the moment, so this is a pleasant surprise to me. I do hope that Tri-Ace are doing what they did to Star Ocean IV and make it a timed exclusive - because being the VP fangirl I am, I want it for the PS3 as well.

If this is a true sequel, it won't be like Covenant of the Plume then - so a Valkyrie Profile 3: Hrist then? That seems like the logical way to go. If so, I already have the avi and sig to celebrate it. xD

Hrist definitely would make an interesting game. We'll have to wait and see what they come up with.

Yea, just imagine how badass it'll be. For some reason, i seem to like her better than the other sisters. All i can hope for is a valkyrie profile avatar items, preferably the armour XD to come with the game.

so we have to wait for the ps3 version? :( i know they want to help boost the 360 sales and all, but - damn -_- *waits for ps3 announcement*

I really dont see why SE keeps announcing games for the 360 when they flop almost every time on it. Not only that but it really isnt a well known series comparative with their other series so that makes their market even worse for it. Hopefully they release it on more than just it because if not, they just lost a ton of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back