Square Enix And Wildstorm Publishing Nier Comic

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogling

yaoi master ari
Veteran
Gil
2jaktci.jpg

But there’s a catch — they’re digital only, not in print; at least for the time being. The Nier mini-series will run for three issues that will be published on the game’s website and for download on Xbox Live and PSN. Whether or not one will need to pay for it is, as of yet, unknown.

As far as content goes, the comics serve as a prologue to the game. They delve into the history of Nier, Kaine, the Grimoire Weiss (the talking book) and the Black Scrawl disease. Artwork for the comics will be handled by Pop Mahn and Eddie Nuñez, who is also working on the DC Universe MMO.

Also on the team is Ricardo Sanchez, who actually has a bit of history with Square, in a sense. Sanchez was the creator of the ReVisioned: Tomb Raider animated series. He was also one of the founders of IGN.

While doing a comic tie-in with a popular publisher isn’t a bad idea, you’ve got to wonder if putting out a few print copies at comic stores across North America wouldn’t have widened Nier’s potential audience a little.

Source: Siliconera

Wait a minute...On the Square-Enix Members website (the NA one at least), there was a recent survey about people's thoughts about manga, and I remember one of the questions was about the idea of buying digital manga.

So I guess that survey was prompted by this digital Nier comic then?

Well, Gestalt's Nier was suppose to appeal to the West (some how...) so a comic being made by someone working on a DC Comics project seems to fit pretty decently I suppose.

Of course as I said in that survey, I have no interest in buying digital manga. I don't trust online services, so if I buy something, I rather it be a tangible book in my hands.

If it's free, than whatever - nothing to lose, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back