Square announces spring release for NieR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
nier.jpg

Square Enix has announced that NieR will see a spring 2010 release on PS3 and Xbox 360.

It also released some new screens, along with the box art this morning, which has no mention of Replicant or Gestalt anywhere on it nor in the fact sheet below.
  • NIER Developer: cavia Inc.
  • Publisher: Square Enix, Inc.
  • Platforms: PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system/Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft
  • Genre: Action-RPG
  • ESRB: Not Yet Rated
  • Ship Date: Spring 2010
NIER is a unique “Action-RPG” for PlayStation 3 system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, which represents the next epic story from the renowned RPG masters at Square Enix.
Developed by cavia Inc, NIER blends both innovative and traditional RPG gameplay mechanics with an intense, bloody combat system to create an action-packed single-player experience where players explore and discover a future lost to a shadowy past.

NIER delivers on Square Enix’s renowned pedigree for creating unique and twisting storylines coupled with deep character development – a pedigree that has kept gamers around the world enraptured for decades.
In NIER, nothing is as it seems as players are kept guessing from beginning to end by elaborate plotlines and cliff-hangers that reveal a complex reality hidden behind the illusion.

Players will jump into the title role of the unyielding Nier as he begins his desperate quest to discover a cure for his daughter, Yonah, who is stricken with the deadly Black Scrawl disease. Armed with a powerful set of magical abilities as well as mighty swords and armor, Nier will do battle alongside a set of formidable allies against waves of dark enemies and giant bosses to discover the truth about the disease, his daughter…and himself.
FEATURES

The Next RPG from Square Enix: NIER, the newest franchise from RPG masters Square Enix, delivers unique and memorable characters, intense action-packed battles, explosive magic and storytelling like only Square Enix can.

Unbelievable Story Twists and Reveals: Immerse in an amazingly intricate storyline set in a world plagued by human anguish, buried secrets and a ravaging disease. With plot twists hiding around every corner, NIER’s story needs to be seen to be believed.

RPG Gameplay Injected With Action-Packed Combat: Battle ferocious and mysterious enemies by combining proven RPG-style gameplay, such as magic, character development and faithful allies, with action-focused explosive swordplay and combat.

Powerful Magical Abilities: When his sword isn’t enough, Nier can call on a remarkable array of stylish and powerful spells to augment his combat moves and overcome adversaries. As players progress, upgraded spells will help defeat ever-more-deadly enemies.

Brutal Combat Moves: Face off against evil creatures and unleash brutal combat moves along with devastating combo attacks. Unlock an arsenal of devastating weapons, each with its own design and attack style.

Formidable Allies: Travel with a dynamic party of allies and do battle against monstrous giants as a powerful and united party.

A Dynamic and Stunning World: Travel across an unforgettable world filled with dynamic landscapes featuring the hauntingly familiar remains of modern society.

iylgeu.jpg

23mvino.jpg

2gww8p4.jpg

Source: destructoid

Its coming out in spring 2010? Official worldwide release or just japanese release? Cause if this comes out with Final Fantasy XIII then that would be meh because Im waiting like crazy for XIII right now. Thanks Ryan

No mentioning of Gestalt or Replicant- that's interesting. From the looks of this, this looks like the Xbox 360's Gestalt version with the large, muscular Nier as opposed to the hermaphrodite-like Nier.

They have done a good job of making the game sound cutting edge and amazing:

NIER delivers on Square Enix’s renowned pedigree for creating unique and twisting storylines coupled with deep character development – a pedigree that has kept gamers around the world enraptured for decades.
As Cavia is making this and not SE, I'd love to see how the game will really live up to this claim. But seeing as though God of War III is coming soon and Bayonetta is on the market- I wonder how well this game will do.

Thanks, Ryan! You're swift as usual. No pun intended there! :awesome:

I kind of gave up on Square's side projects after Valkyrie Profile 2 being so hard and the beginning of Star Ocean not that interesting, but this one I just might give a shot.

A Dynamic and Stunning World: Travel across an unforgettable world filled with dynamic landscapes featuring the hauntingly familiar remains of modern society.

I really love that idea, like I can't even tell you how much I love historical aspects in video games.

Wait, I thought with this game there were two versions where Nier was either saving his daughter OR was saving his sister :huh:

I dunno if it has anything to do with this, but I just found these.

rpglandartonelicofinalfantasyxiiietrian35.jpg

rpglandartonelicofinalfantasyxiiietrian36.jpg

We need a translator, I'm genuinely curious about this game so I want to know what it says :sad3:

Wait, I thought with this game there were two versions where Nier was either saving his daughter OR was saving his sister :huh:
There is, I just don't think they've put the full title on yet D:

I like my pretty boiz, and it appears he looks that way in the scenario where he saves his sis. I guess the one where's he's gruffer looking and saving his daughter is in a different universe when he's older maybe?

Although both scenarios really do intrigue me. Both since the damsels in distress aren't romantic interests - they're family members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back