Spray Tan/Mystic Tan?

Tucker

I'm a Lover, not a Fighter!
Veteran
Gil
I need a tan. On my face. Well if it's on my face it might as well be my whole body. But really, I very easily blush and I in certain lights my face looks really...pink. So.

Do spray tans work okay?

Are they bad for you/don't work well/tacky/just don't do it Marlena you will ruin your face forever?

Has anyone else used it before? Do you have any personal experiences to share :3

Really, I just want to look like an Egyptian goddess, and I don't think it's too hard to ask for.

I've used spray tans before, it worked alright for me (well I think so at least, no one told me I looked like an Oompa Loompa)

I think it depends on where you go to get it done, don't go to some dodgy little place and you should probably go for the lightest tan or medium first just to make sure you like it. If you're going to get your whole body done though you have to be prepared to get naked in front of the ladies doing it though hahaha, that was the most awkward part for me. :damon:

i cant see how they can be bad for you, its better than baking in the sun in cooking oil anyway

just make sure you pick a decent salon to go to or you might get a bad job by someone thats not really been properly trained :wacky:

I think its indoor tanning salons that are known for producing the signature 'oompa loompa' orange skin tone.

Can't comment on the bottle variety. :ohshit:

Spray tans(as far as I know) are safe in a way... well, safer than sun tanning or a tanning bed, but if you are really worried go here. And spray tans aren't tacky, they're very flattering if done right and not over the top. :lew: But it depends on what tone you want to be that determines whether or not you look bad.

You don't want to go from a really pale colorr to one that's very dark, so be sure to ask the clerks(if you go to a tanning place) what tone they would suggest best matches your natural skin tone.

The best advice I can give you is take baby steps in getting a tan this way. Do it in lighter shades(but make sure it at least gives you some color) for a while then if you want to be darker just go back. But beware, sometimes these spray tans can get addictive for women. :lew:

Oh, also, they will give you a hair cap(at least they do here), make sure to let a little bit of your hairline shown so that you don't have a tan line across your forehead. :lew: And don't wrinkle your face either when they spray you because it will leave creases!

Let's see... what else... um, that's as much as I can speak on I'm pretty sure. :lew:

I think its indoor tanning salons that are known for producing the signature 'oompa loompa' orange skin tone.

Can't comment on the bottle variety. :ohshit:
That's actually not true. The professionals are the ones that give you what you ask for. If the customer says make me this color you have to do it no matter how much you advise against it. :lew: It's usually when some unknowing girl purchases a self tanning lotion thinking it'll look good when in reality it leaves splotches and gives you orange hands. If anything, I would suggest never using a lotion and always going to a professional. ^_^

ive used gradual tan moisturiser before, thats always worked ok, ive always gone for the one for fair skin though, i know id of looked orange otherwise. youre always going to look a twat if you dont go for one thats recommended for your skin tone i think

I think a lot of people make the mistake of getting fake tan thats just too dark, or putting too much on. then they think it looks good, but really they just look like theyve been dipped in varnish and look shocking. Im sure they just dont look in a mirror, even with mine which was a fairly safe bet, its gunna go wrong if you dont take the time to apply it properly and let it dry properly as well, otherwise you will end up streaky. Id get bored and blast myself with a hair dryer to hurry it up

I dont think id ever use fake tan though, that moisturiser stuff was as risky as i got. and now i dont even bother with that, ive just decided to embrace being pale, mostly because i just cant be arsed

And always wash your hands straight after applying, its not hard!!!

I would never trust myself to put an all over tan on my body myself, I'd always go with a pro, they don't make you look like an oompa loompa unless you specifically ask to :wacky:

There is some awesome stuff that I use on my legs specifically for legs when I go out to town but I cannot remember what the fuck it is called hahaha but it works so great. I'll need to find the name of it :hmmm:

I got a Mystic Tan once. Just make sure you use whatever that stuff is that they tell you to put over your fingernails/toenails and under the tips of your fingernails. I'm VERY fair-skinned and the only part on me where the tan didn't look so natural was between my fingers. It only lasted about a week on me though...and while the smell wasn't too obtrustive, it did reek. :damon:

I think the Mystic Tan is safer than going to the tanning beds regularly. Just get whatever that filter is for your nose when you go in there...when I went they said they were out of them so I should just hold my breath. ...Well you can only hold your breath for so long since unless you are a professional diver or something so I ended up inhaling some of it. I'm not entirely sure how good that stuff is for your respiratory system tbh :wacky:

Really though, I agree with Kels. A moisturizer with a gradual tan is the best way to go...whether you decide to use it for your face or your body....because you can control how tan you want to be. I use the Olay moisturizer with a gradual tan and a spf of 15 for my face...which tbh I don't even think they make it anymore, but I do see the Jergen's brand now so I think it'd work just as well. As far as for the body...Jergen's makes it and Olay makes a moisturizer with a gradual tan in it I know. If you want to go a little darker, I'd put one light layer on, wait for it to dry...then put another one on. I personally use the Clarins Delicious Self-Tanner which is in a small little tub from Sephora for my body. Yeah it's expensive, but I have sensitive skin and it looks natural enough on me so it works. Feel out the different brands and see what works for you. Usually it boils down to what looks natural enough and the smell. Be careful wearing a lot of white with it though, it does rub off a bit at times.

Ugh, completely forgot about the gradual tan/moisturizers that can be bought. My mother used one and it looked flawless. :ohoho:

I'd use those if it were me. :hmmm:

If you want orange skin, go for it. If you want natural tanned skin, you should go to a tanning salon. But the absolutely best way is natural sunlight.

Just remember sunblock when necessary.

Spray tans are best because they are probably the safest way... If you decide to go for a light/lightish tone it'll probably not look fake.. obviously if you chose a darkish tone it probably won't flatter you as much. Spray tans can look good.

Thanks everyone :ryan: I've always just learned to think that spray tans are cheap, but now I do think I shall get one :D I think I'll go for/start out with a moisturizer though. Thanks for all the tips everyone ^_^

Back