Spectacular Final Fantasy XIV TGS'2010 HD Trailer Hits the Net! [9/14]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
Click the 360p and change it 720 for HD.

Looks like a top, top title (Square-Enix finally delivers!?). Amazing graphics, fantastic voice acting, fantastic OST, a range of races and dramatic battles.

Epic. Win.

Its such a shame they made it an MMORPG with some truly ridiculous restrictions and a monthly subscription fee...that trailer DOES look epic, if that were the first piece of FFXIV media I'd seen I'd buy it the second it was released.

Amazing graphics, fantastic voice acting, fantastic OST, a range of races and dramatic battles.

apart from the race part, very similar things have been said about pretty much every single FF trailer so far. I don't really think one gorgeous cutscene represents an entire FF game.

nonetheless it does look good, thanks for sharing. still though, the restrictions to the gameplay is going to be really frustrating.

My opinion solely based on this Trailer:

A visual delight
The voice acting off the elf and catwoman is just superb !!
Great battles (especially the marlboro hunt)

I have to say I never expected they managed to put out a trailer of this extent. seriously this is fingerlooking good.

Like my posters above i agree : The actual game has some restrictions and on top of that the monthly fee makes this trailer pretty much irrelevant ...its a shame :(

I really wanted to play it. still want to..but .... :sad3:

I'm actually looking forward to this for many reasons such as
its an FF
i have a job and can afford the monthly installments now
it looks graphically amazing
i have a PS3 and a PC capable of playing it now

in all :ohoho: :ohoho: :ohoho:

Mark, buy it on the PC. The PS3 will have restrictions, and will not be able to handle it the way a PC can. With the PC, you'll be able to play the game as it was meant to be played, and have a much higher graphical capability.

Just a heads up. :D

I must admit, it's one of the better trailers I have seen from Square Enix lately, even if it is purely (astonishingly beautiful) CGI that as mentioned already, mainly unrepresentative of the game you're getting as a whole. It is a shame that they made this an MMO. It would have been so promising to have an offline FF that brings back the nostalgia of an actual fantasy-like setting as opposed to the sci-fi we've been seeing recently.

This is a fantastically awesome trailer, though I'm not entirely sure what it shows us. I'm not really in the loop with the game. What was the card business about? Quest selection system? Or was that just for show? A chance to show us a random battle with a party (among other things) while still having the character return to the bar at the end? If someone could explain that to me then I'd appreciate it. I've just not been in the loop for a while, so I'm not sure if we're meant to know what that was.

Anyway. Fantastic trailer. Great voice actors (though being an MMORPG it doesn't really matter as much, but it certainly helps to make the experience more interesting). As far as world design, graphics and the personality of the planet and its people are concerned this looks really good. How well this will play out in gameplay I’ll wait to see.

Last edited:
Wow just WOW. That trailer was one of the best trailers ever. I absolutely Love the cgi and how they fought the Malboro there. The visuals are so beautiful. But this was created as an MMO and we have great voice actors. I think FFXIV will get alot of praise because of this :gasp: It is an MMO but I still will play it after I just saw this. I think the card thing was a quest Argie. All and all this was frickin beautiful :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back