• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daenerys

The Last Dragon
Veteran
Gil
The theme this week is Your Favourite Colour. Please remember, that while posting isn't necessary in order to count your vote, it is encouraged.

Also, please remember that you CANNOT vote for your own entry, and you will be disqualified from this SOTW, and the next two SOTWs if you do so.

Here are the entries I received :

1)

msotw194entryymsfrankensteinfuckyeeaaah.png

2)

purpleheartsotw2.png

3)

14l0sap.jpg

4)

FavoriteColor.gif

I'm going to vote for the first entry. Teal is an amazing color :ahmed:

I think it's the only one that had a sizing that suited the image. I love the shininess and the borders.

The second entry's stock looked a little too blurry, the third's very washed out with no distinct color that stands out, and the fourth seemed too plain to me, especially for it's sizing.

Well as far as the contest goes...
1. has amazing graphic but not a lot of teal for it being the favorite color
2. Has a lot of nice pink and a nice picture to go with the pink.
3.I cant tell what number 3's favorite color was.
4. A lot of blue I will say that, I barely saw the word blue in it but it has nice design

So I'm going with 2 for using a lot of the favorite color and using a lot of shades of pink.

I'm personally going for number 1 as well. It's the best one out of the lot.

Purple's my own favourite colour, so 2 was pretty, but I thought it was graphically a bit messy. It's a bit blurry, and I wasn't a big fan of the text.

3 Didn't work for me, at all. I thought the lighting on her face was way too much, she actually looks 'white'. It fades to grey, which is nice, but the two black barred border does not work at all on this piece, imo. =/ I think resizing, and removing the rough border would've made it look a lot better, for starters.

Number 4 was once again, too big, therefore too empty, imo. The text stands out too much, which you can do in a colour theme, I guess. But... I dunno. I think #1 is the winner.

#1.

The stock is really nice, the glowing spots really making the teal colour stand out without being too overwhelming and I like the idea of the horizontal transparent strip towards the bottom - I thought it was an interesting touch. Due to personal preference, I do commonly lean towards signatures of that size. #2 is quite nice. I love the rounded corners and pinky-purple is always awesome. The stock can of course be sharpened and the background I'm not tremendously keen on either. I have issues with the lighting of #3. It's easily distracting, rendering the woman's face overly pale with no clearly outstanding colour and I'm not a fan of the chunky black borders. I love #4's royal blue. Definitely a pretty colour. But colour bias aside, its size doesn't click with me and despite the cool abstract nature of it, it still looks rather plain particularly when considering how large the tag is.

#1 - The color choice is Teal. But to me the gray stands out more than the Teal. It just looks like an image was taken and certain parts were given color. Kinda dull.

#2 - I like it. But the image seems to be a tad blurry and I would have liked to see it blended with the background instead on in front of it.

#3 - I don't even know what the favorite color is supposed to be. White(which is a value not a color? Or is it red because of her lipstick? The lighting seems unnecessary.

#4 - This is my winner right here. The most literal translation of what the theme is. No images, just a cool design. I actually get a happy mood looking at it. Anything that can actually manipulate the way I feel is the best in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back