So, who wants a Final Fantasy XIII Demo before Xmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
2ur6o2u.jpg

Sonia Im, Senior PR Manager for Square Enix America, has posted a very interesting update on her Twitter account tonight. Attached with the image above, Sonia wrote: “The memo inside hinted at something cool most of you can participate in a few days from now :)”.

Zooming in on this memo, it’s hard to make out the most of it, but you see Final Fantasy XIII’s Japanese release date (12.17.2009), followed by the words “you may be wishing”. The second line sees “survive until 03.09.2010 we hope this” before it cuts off. The third finishes with “you over for a bit :)”.

Put all that together and I’m going to guess it’s a demo. I think the memo is basically saying: “Final Fantasy XIII is releasing in Japan soon and it may be hard to survive until March 9, but a demo will be releasing soon and hopefully it’ll tide you over for a bit.”

It’s almost Christmas, so it would sure be a nice little gesture from Square.
Looks like we’ll find out in “a few days from now”. We’ll keep you updated.

Source: scrawlfx

How will this demo be released though? :huh:

That's what I was wondering...

Of course I'd love to get my hands on it but not if I have to buy a $100 Square Enix product to get it as a bonus.

I have to agree with Asabella.

Of course I'm sure we'd all love to play a FFXIII demo while waiting for Christmas and the rest of winter to pass until the game's release, but if SE is going to take advantage of this and demand we pay a hefty price for an unnecessary item just to be able to play a demo- I would refuse to.

If there will be a demo, they'd better not ignore Europe like it had done so for the FFXII demo. If SE decides to release Star Ocean The Last Hope with a FFXIII demo, I will be totally onboard :ryan:

It'll most likely be released onto the PSN store, and I presume LIVE store as well as it's the easiest way of distributing the demo and I'd place money on that being the master copy of the demo as well :ryan:

Oh yes, I forgot about that option. I suppose they can do that. If that happens, my PS3 will be very happy this Christmas :awesome:

And if there will be a demo for us, I'd like to play through an area that isn't the Hanged Edge where the Japanese demo is set in.

No PS3 for me, so no demo for me. Unless Microsoft get a demo released. Oh well, Im sure you'll enjoy it if you get your mitts on it.

Poop, me sad now :'(

Oh yes, I forgot about that option. I suppose they can do that. If that happens, my PS3 will be very happy this Christmas :awesome:

And if there will be a demo for us, I'd like to play through an area that isn't the Hanged Edge where the Japanese demo is set in.
Same. Although it was the Senior PR Manager in America which probably means we're going to have to create an NA account because Square Enix being Square Enix will miss us out as per. Although, it better not be that 5GB size that the Japanese demo was :gonk:

No PS3 for me, so no demo for me. Unless Microsoft get a demo released. Oh well, Im sure you'll enjoy it if you get your mitts on it.

Poop, me sad now :'(
I probably wouldn't worry, the Xbox 360's strongest support is in America whilst in Europe and Japan in the Playstation 3. So considering it was an American PR manager you'll probably get the demo on LIVE as well! :awesome:

...That's actually made my day 8F even if it is only a slight possibility, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I've been wanting to experience the battles, so it could be only a little until then :awesome: I'm wondering if it'll be the same demo the Japanese got, except in English. :gasp:

Cheers for the info, Ryan!

Sorry to disappoint, but-

Square Enix PR rep Sonia Im set the internet ablase with talk of an FF13 demo by teasing for "something cool most of you can participate in a few days from now" over Twitter.

After much speculation across the net, Sonia has confirmed - again via her Twitter - that a demo is not the upcoming surprise.

Here's her tweet confirming it: "Think it's best if I set expectations for my #FFXIII tweet. It is NOT a demo. But it's cool regardless! So please don't be too disappointed"

We also confirmed this information with Square Enix PR reps, who told us that "the memo in question contained no mention of a demo."

Unlucky. If you're desperate to play FF13 as soon as possible it's out in Japan in 3 days - and you can Import the region free PS3 version from Play Asia!

From uffsite.

Last edited:
Aaaaaaaaaand Square Enix has just the respect of a lot of people, yet again their marketing strategy has hit an epic fail. All they need to do is take a look at one forum and they'd notice all people want is a demo. I'd be less than impressed if it's another trailer. :sad3:

It's not a demo?!

Blast you SE for raising my spirits and crushing it under your giant corporate boots again! Ryan you're right- we should force some SE staff members to come here and read our demands.

What could be just as cool if it's not a demo? A competition to win something cool?

Epic cringe just now D= Oh well. If it's supposed to be something good, then it's a matter of playing the waiting game I guess. I wouldn't be shocked if it turn out to be an officially translated version of the Novella. As Ryan said though, I hope it isn't another trailer >.> Gameplay Footage (NOT MONTAGE) I wouldn't mind, I guess.

At least it'll build up suspense. I can see the shops actually being ram-o when this game is released. :gonk: Funtiemz.

It's this that gets me most "hopefully it’ll tide you over for a bit." as well as the participating bit. Anyone would put two and two together and come out with a demo, it could be a competition but she said "most of you" which I presumed was anyone with PSN/LIVE D:

Let's be optimistic and say she's bluffing :wacky:

I probably wouldn't worry, the Xbox 360's strongest support is in America whilst in Europe and Japan in the Playstation 3. So considering it was an American PR manager you'll probably get the demo on LIVE as well! :awesome:

Awesomeness :D That has made my day now. I could do with a 90 minute demo to pass the long winter nights away :-)

I think when you whittle down the options as well, "most can participate in" eliminates any sort of video whether it be trailers or gameplay footage simply because, you can't participate in it.

Which leaves two options; either she's bluffing about the demo, or it's a contest.

What goes against a demo is that it would surely be the biggest thing to come out of SE since the release date which I would then presume Kitase/Wada would announce, however, it would time nicely with a standard demo date.

What goes against a contest is that a three months before the release is a hell of a long time to wait for prizes, especially since it would most likely be a limited edition of the game. Plus, I'm not entirely sure what a PR does but I think they're just there to make a company, or in this case a game look better. I have my doubts that she was supposed to ever mention anything at all >.>

-sigh-

It could be a new place in PS Home as well :wacky:

Im gutted after reading that. I wonder if there is any chance I could import it via Play Asia for my 360. Bet I cant knowing my luck, Im so gutted. Yeah the guys on sentuamessage mentioned something about a chocobo to download for their avatar.

Let me fucking guess. A chocobo.

She better be bluffing.
Lmao! That really made my day :wacky:

Im gutted after reading that. I wonder if there is any chance I could import it via Play Asia for my 360. Bet I cant knowing my luck, Im so gutted. Yeah the guys on sentuamessage mentioned something about a chocobo to download for their avatar.
Probably not as Japan are only receiving the Playstation 3 version which means you have no choice but to wait until March 9 :sad3:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back