Slipknot bassist passes on

SapphireStar

♥ FFF's Matt Bellamy Pervert ♥
Veteran
Gil
Wow, its an odd month with celeb passings. R.I.P. Paul Dedrick Gray.

Urbandale police are investigating the death of Slipknot's bass guitarist at a local hotel.

Paul Dedrick Gray, 38, of Johnston was found dead at approximately 10:50 a.m. today by an employee at TownePlace Suites, 8800 Northpark Drive, police said. There was no evidence of foul play, police said, but the investigation is ongoing.

An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday. Toxicology tests will be done.

PaulGraySlipknot.jpg

NONONONONONONONONONONOOOOOOOOOO! :sad3:

I hope this doesn't break up the band! He was a part of them! I wonder how he died! I'm in shock! GAH! NOOOOOO!

Whoa, weird. Wasn't a fan but I know they were HUGE.

I hope he's in a better place

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

THIS CANNOT BE

R.I.P Paul Dedrick Gray you will be missed

Very sad, Slipknot played a big role in getting me into rock and metal. At such a young age too. I hope he was able to die peacefully.

R.I.P.

Yea, it sucks to see anyone with talent pass on.

Just remember, the music he was apart of will make him live for decades. :3

Just look at Cliff Burton from Metallica. Dead and Metallica continues to do well, despite all the garbage they have been putting out.

To say he'll be easily replaced though...I am sure that the band will suffer a lot through the decisions they make whether to replace him or not to, and you never know hoe fans will react to things.

I gotta agree with my GJ :mokken: Sure bassists aren't the most needed member, but he was apart of the band and more importantly, a friend to the band mates. He won't be replaced easily.

JesusvsThePolice said:
Just look at Cliff Burton from Metallica. Dead and Metallica continues to do well, despite all the garbage they have been putting out.
With the very generous exception being the Black album, Metallica only really started putting out garbage after Cliff passed on. Is there a connection perhaps?
Princess Bubblegum said:
Sure bassists aren't the most needed member
Bassists are one of the more important members of bands. Bass players and drummers help establish the rhythm section of the song. Just because you don't always notice them, doesn't mean they aren't important. If you have a shit bass player, the band will probably sound like shit regardless of how everyone else is.

Anyway, I used to be a pretty big fan of Slipknot. Back when I was a retard, I used to listen only to Rap and RnB. Slipknot was a big step in curbing my musical tastes into stuff that wasn't all synth and drum machines. I can't say I am a big fan of Slipknot (or any Nu Metal) nowadays, If anything I find them kind of corny. But still they had a great influence on my musical tastes in the long run.

Rip Paul.

oh.. This is sad... I'm not that big of a fan, but my brother is a big enough fan I know who he is... and I can tell you he is not going to be easily replaced.. I read he was one of the 3 founding members left in the band... not to mention, I read that he and his wife were expecting a baby later this year...Very sad indeed. >.<

Ronnie James Dio died also like a few weeks ago. Last album was "Master of the Moon" released in 04. Dio was bigger then Slipknot by far, concidering he made actual metal, not screamo crap.

Not a big fan, but my brother was into them so i knew who he was. They scared the shit out of me when i was small though. It is sad to know big bands lose original members.

R.I.P.

It's sad to hear about this since I know that they're pretty big, even though I'm not a fan. My cousin really loves them. And I don't know about getting a replacement. There needs time for grievance first to even consider that.

Back