Feedback Site Features & Ease of Use

Six

𝗦𝗼𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲 *★.• ·
Staff member
Admin Support
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
So, I've caught a few people unsure of where certain features on the site can be found since our move to XenForo. People struggling with the Shoutbox, not sure where to find the Private Messaging system, changing icons or signatures, name changes, etc.

If there are things you aren't sure about please list them below, that way I can get a better idea of what could use some clearing up.

You've already listed it, but I wanted to just reiterate on the Private Messaging. When I first joined I didn't realize that 'Conversations' was the Private Messaging area till a short while later. I know now, obviously, but I thought I'd mention it.

Also, I get the basic function of the Shoutbox but because it's set up like a chat room it just kinda weird to me. I don't like not being able to 'log out' of the side bar without actually logging out of the entire room completely. :tearjoy:

@DaggerTribal Yup, the little envelope at the top right "Conversations" are the Private messages.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "logging out"? The shoutbox times you out after you close the site. You join a room so you have access to viewing it's not actually a "sign in or out" style. Unless I'm misunderstanding you. :lew:

@DaggerTribal The shoutbox times you out after you close the site. You join a room so you have access to viewing it's not actually a "sign in or out" style. Unless I'm misunderstanding you. :lew:

It's basically what you said! When I first inspected the Shoutbox I didn't realize it would show me on the side bar. It really isn't a big deal like I said :LOL: So the answer to my question is, essentially, that the only way to stop appearing on the side is to idle out after leaving the site. I'll stop slamming the door in the shoutbox then! :giggle:

If you press the little cog wheels and select "hide chatter list" it won't even display names. I have it set like that so it took me a moment to figure out what you were talking about. :lew: @DaggerTribal

Back