Sin's Souls (Spoiler)

Gil
I asked this on the Reddit forums but interested in what people think of it here.

After the Mi'ihen Operation, Tidus sees the Nucleus of Sin and we see transparent, spectral images of Crusaders running around. You think these could be the actual souls of the Crusaders sucked into Sin and trapped there or was this just a hallucination possibly caused by the Toxins? This scene leaves so much open to interpretation, I guess.

Lunatik Pandora

It's funny. minus everyone saying Tidus was in contact with Sin's toxin, they never really describe the effects of Sins toxin. The only other real time you hear about it was I think after the attack on Killika Island, there was a guy why just yelled at you and someone says he got Sin Toxin... But really we have no idea what the toxin really does or if it was just another Yevon lie. I think what we say were maybe the "dream Zanarkand." That is just my theory though. could have been what you said about it being actual souls or just hallucination

@Lunatik Pandora

It's funny. minus everyone saying Tidus was in contact with Sin's toxin, they never really describe the effects of Sins toxin. The only other real time you hear about it was I think after the attack on Killika Island, there was a guy why just yelled at you and someone says he got Sin Toxin... But really we have no idea what the toxin really does or if it was just another Yevon lie. I think what we say were maybe the "dream Zanarkand." That is just my theory though. could have been what you said about it being actual souls or just hallucination

Well, if you look at the people running around in that scene, they're all character models of the Crusaders of which Sin just defeated which would probably rule out them being visions of Dream Zanarkand.

Yeah, as far as the game itself goes Sin's toxin seems to just be Yevon's way to explain PTSD, amnesia or propably even mental illnesses. I mean Spira doesn't seem like the kind of place that would have psychologists or even proper doctors. Alot of mental problems in the real world used to be explained by demonic posession or something, so it doesn't seem that far fetched to think that the toxin is just more of Yevon's BS.

As for the souls within the nucleus, I think it's a safe assumption that Sin absorbs the souls of it's victims. Sin is built up from countless pyreflies and souls have a connection to pyreflies as well so it makes sence.

Yeah, as far as the game itself goes Sin's toxin seems to just be Yevon's way to explain PTSD, amnesia or propably even mental illnesses. I mean Spira doesn't seem like the kind of place that would have psychologists or even proper doctors. Alot of mental problems in the real world used to be explained by demonic posession or something, so it doesn't seem that far fetched to think that the toxin is just more of Yevon's BS.

As for the souls within the nucleus, I think it's a safe assumption that Sin absorbs the souls of it's victims. Sin is built up from countless pyreflies and souls have a connection to pyreflies as well so it makes sence.

Agreed. I think the Sin Toxin is just Yevon's way of labeling people with a mental illness or unorthodox behaviour. Such a label marks out an 'undesirable' as tainted and touched-by-Sin, and discourages people from talking with said people or helping them through their anxieties (which might be problematic for Yevon).

As for the souls within Sin... I had forgotten about this, but maybe you are right about the Crusader souls being absorbed by Sin. Might Sin perhaps feast on these souls in order to create the Sin-spawn monsters? The souls might be recycled and turned into these creatures, but I have no supporting evidence for this theory.

I have to disagree with the Sin toxin part. Remember after the attack on Killika you had people not remember who they were and be very angry at you, which from talking to others that wasn't the case before. So this could be Sin toxin and be a real thing. Or maybe just a form of ptsd in the FFX world.

Back to the soul of sin. This is still very hard to comprehend for sin is Yu Yevon, the last guardian that became the Final Aeon and holds the people of Zanarkand from 1000 years ago... So question is... What is the "Soul" for sin? Is it Yu Yevon who controls it... The final Ad on who becomes it? Or the people absorbed into it?

Back