Shoutbox Problems On My End

Kim Taehyung

You shine brighter than anyone ✨
Veteran
Gil
Whenever I am on the Forums at school, I cannot enter the shoutbox. I can read the entire conversation that happens inside it, but when I try to post even ONE shout, the entire site crashes. I cannot enter any other part of the site, and I have to re-fresh the entire page, which takes roughly 5-7 minutes to load. -__-

I've traced the problem down to being my school's server, because I have used laptops here that disconnect from said server, and the shoutbox works fine. If anyone reading this is at all tech-savvy, do you have any idea how I can somehow utilize the shoutbox for once? :gasp:

Really, unless you're a technician, the only people who can actually help are those in the school. Unless you want to complain to your principal that you can't access FFF in school, I don't think anything can be done.

I imagine that it's because FFF is a forum/chat room and that most schools ban those sort of things. So I can only guess that you can't use the Shoutbox because it classes as a chatroom that you're using, whereas, when you're not using it's not you who's using it, or something along those line...maybe. :wacky:

The funny thing about it is that I was able to chat on the shoutbox without any problems last semester. o_O

I am in college, btw, and they don't even ban Myspace, like my High School did. >_>
I really don't know what the problem is.

Oh, I don't know then, tbh I forgot you were 18 and thought you were at High School xlolx. Colleges are different though, some let you on chat rooms so don't, and since you could use it last year I have no idea then. :(

I use my home PC, and I CONSTANTLY have SB issues, which sucks, as I always miss out on fun chat, and have to rely on bloody MSN to have fun chats D:

It constantly happens to me every 10 minutes on this laptop. However, in my case it's not just the Shoutbox, but all websites and links stop working until I end Internet Explorer and restart it. As you can imagine, it's quite tedious logging in every 10 minutes.

My other laptop works fine and I use the same network connection...although I use Firefox for that; perhaps it's the Internet Browser that's the problem?

I've actually never had a problem with it. At home on my desktop, on my laptop, at a friend's house, or over at the college when I went there. I was always able to access it.

Sure it would be slow now and then, but it always seemed to load no problemo eventually.

If you have IE....kill it :P
If you are using FireFox, try clearing your browser's cache and restarting the application (if it takes too much time to close, use the task manager, I always use TM to close applications faster than regularly clicking on the individual close icon of each application).

If your college's internet connection is slow, then there's nothing you can do from your side. That's up to them and their technicians.

I have this problem at home and school, though it doesn't affect me on ps3, and I don't have the fastest connection in the world. Maybe something to do with my ps3 having/not having that a PC does/does not.

I shouldn't have to use FireFox. I had problems with it before, installing the git, and it messed up my internet.

Back