[RP]The Unwritten Legend: The Beginning

Dean Winchester

Keeping you alive by killing what's in the Dark...
Veteran
Gil
The Unwritten Legend Sign Up

A malicious presence stalks the once peaceful town of Willowbark. The once beautiful trees of the Charcoal Forest now lay in decay, stripped from their former elegance to be reduced to mere husks, lifeless...not even the sun rays could penetrate through the ominous fog shielding the evil concealed within the forest.

It was near midnight, most of the inhabitants of Willowbark were resting in their homes with what little peace they had left. The sky was almost cloudless, with bright stars covering the celestial vault.

A chilling wind made its way through the streets of the village where not a single soul could be seen. None of them dared to walk freely at night fearing not to see the light of day again...and they were right.

One night a man riding a hell-steed approached Willowbard riding at a slow pace...it was as if he were admiring the slight moment of peace. He stopped before the gates of Willowbark and dismounted his steed. The hellish being then began to blend with the nearby shadows until its presence covered all the streets. The lights of the lampposts began to fade one by one as the dreaded ghoul spread through the village.

The man smirked, almost savoring the moment. He folded his arms as he witnessed as the shadows began to crawl towards every door and attempted to enter breach through the doors.

Suddenly screams were began to be heard, glass windows were shattered, doors, tables and chairs were splintered and the tranquility of the night was finally put to a halt. Mothers and their children started to cry and tremble with horror as they witnessed their loved ones falling pray to the shapeless ghouls. The only thing keeping these monsters at bay was the light emanated from the candles they could fine. Sadly, those lights would soon fade too...

The men of the village attempted to fight back to no avail. Their lack of faith and the fear growing inside their hearts fed these creatures as the men were pulled inside the shadows one by one.

Then there was darkness, a pitch blackness covered Willowbark and not the moon nor the stars could be seen.

This was the beginning of a nightmare...

The eternal bittersweet of a Night Terror...

OOC: This isn't the sign up thread, Leviathan, if you want to participate then post a much more detailed character bio than this...I may edit this out of this post once this is resolved (those posts are going to detract from the quality of the thread with all these non-RPing, short posts. ._.).

Darkness had crept into the village suddenly, and quickly. Ghouls taking no particular shape, being shapeless beings of darkness and shadows, they proceeded to seek out the lives of the inhabitants of Willowbark, mercilessly taking them as they could.

To them it did not matter who, male or female, adult or child, their cold charge proceeded hindered by nothing, aside from any decent source of light, that would be the energy to stave them off.

Fortunately, not everyone would be overtaken, as some may have had a strong enough and reliable light source to keep them away, though such attempts as lighting candles would all quickly be snuffed out.

But a lantern, protected from direct contact from things outside, but still giving off it's light, that was a means of keeping from fading out in the presence of these ghouls as any would draw near.

It would seem not every village dweller was simply either human, or one of these shapeless, ghouls. Crimson Wolf, as he calls himself, being very aware of his surroundings at all times, realizes something horrific has begun to take place in the village...

He decided, after coming to a conclusion that these beings seem put off by light, to head out with a lantern along with him, in attempt to save some of the innocent lives that may otherwise fall victim to these abominations of darkness.

There was he and his sister as well; Sophia. It is a more ordinary, typical name, while Crimson's would refer to both his appearance, and what he is. Crimson, because of his unusual, inexplicable crimson colored fur he has on some areas of his otherwise black coat of fur, and Wolf because he basically is one.

Basically? You might be asking yourself that right now what that is supposed to mean. Well, they are not your average wolves by any means, but a Wolf sub-species by the name of Ferfnir. In short, they have the strength and intelligence of both Human and Wolf combined, and are capable of shifting between a more Wolf-like quadruped shape, and a more humanoid two legged one.

It is typical of their kind to mostly stay in their humanoid shape, as it means greater size and strength, but in some ways they don't have quite the speed as they would in their very natural looking Wolf shape, looking just like any ordinary Wolf, that sprint at very impressive top speeds.

Due to these two's history, Crimson is very protective of his sister as a result, and the idea of leaving her behind in there meanwhile was never a consideration to him, even if she had a spare lantern to keep the surrounding threats away.

They could hear the screams of people around them loud and clear as they were being attacked. The sights also were truly tragic, and it was time to do something about the mindless massacring that had broken out as doors to entry into houses around were failing to keep out these threats, and windows would be shattered.

Looking over to his sister, remaining very calm considering the circumstances, Crimson said to her "Sophia, there are two lanterns over there," as he pointed his paw directly at an old table that had a lantern at two of the corners of it, both lit and the flame burning strongly, "hold on to one of those. People are dying, good people... If something can be done about it, it must be done, I can save some of them, with each of us carrying a lantern to clear away any of those...shadowy beings that approach."

Though Sophia feels much safer in his company, and she was trying to be strong as she could through this..invasion, but she did have a bit of fear of all that had occurred suddenly. But pushing through it she proceeded towards one of the lanterns, then went about picking it up...

...but she had a spot of trouble going about such a simple thing, as she tried with her paw to get a hold of the handle on it, but her's is more a true paw then like a human's hand, thus it lacks any real gripping capability.

She looked back with a somewhat embarrassed expression on her face, "Um, I'm having a bit of trouble picking it up Wolfy..." she stated sheepishly, not having thought of what Crimson Wolf had shown her plenty times in the past of how to go about picking such things up.

Crimson was set back by this, as the similar issue has come up several times before, he has shown her how to get a hold of some things, provided they aren't too large or heavy to grab with their mouth, and yet she would still forget this.

Simultaneously he lowered his head and brought his right paw up to it, leaning it on it, then proceeding to shake his head mildly in disbelief. After straightening out his posture after a brief moment, he headed towards her and the lantern.

"...I've gone through this many times before, but I will again, so watch and remember it this time, it isn't a great time to have to give you a tutorial. Again..." he said, as without any delay he came down until his head was level with the top of the lantern, where it's handle rested, then gently brought his head towards it and slipped his muzzle through it, gripping it with his teeth, supported between his jaw and his snout.

Trying to keep it from falling while trying to speak, he managed to slip out some words to Sophia. "See? Like this..." he exclaimed, securing it in his mouth slightly more, then tilted his head upwards to keep it from slipping any again when he would continue on to speak more, after Sophia would make a comment...

"You look cute talking with a lantern in your mouth!" she acknowledged following those words with a rather amused chuckle. "Ugh, now is a time to be serious... I already have a hold of this lantern, so you should probably just grab the other one now..." he replied, trying to redirect focus back to the matters at hand.

But Sophia got a funny desire, and specifically wanted to carry the one Crimson, or by her nickname for him; Wolfy, had in his mouth, and tried to come up with an excuse to not take the other one. "Oh, but that one looks heavier...you're so much stronger than me Wolfy, so you should take that one."

Crimson looked somewhat confused, then responded to her statement, "...Sophia, they are the exact same...why would you want this one when I already have a grip on it? Besides, it would have my saliva on the handle of it now..." he answered, shifting his eyes somewhat nervously to a side, wondering what his sister is thinking as she is speaking.

Then much to his surprise, she gave an..interesting reply. "Actually, that was kind of the point." she said, with a bit of a mischievous look on her face. And Crimson, after hearing that, instantly lowered his head a bit from having it tilted slightly up, so he now faced straight at Sophia and saw her expression.

"That's kind of...creepy..." he replied, as his eyes made clear that creeped him out just a little. Now turning to face the door to outside, as where they were was still intact, he wouldn't waste any more time on such matters now, "Sophia, we've let quite enough time pass already, grab your lantern now, we depart." he announced, to the best of his ability with a lantern within his muzzle. Luckily he can multi-task.

OOC: Saving any more stuff to type up and post in my next post, this is already probably my longest RP post ever. >_>'

Theme Song: Premonition-FFVIII OST

The ominous knight in black armor gazed upon the havoc he had unleashed as village was slowly plunged deeper into the gates of Purgatory. The stench of fear could be felt lingering the air as the last of the survivors valiantly tried to keep the demons at bay. It seemed that somehow these devils hesitated to get anywhere close to light -whether it was a candle or a torch- and they simply backed off waiting for the life to be extinguished by time.

Curiously, one could ponder on the many reasons why these beasts rejected the light so vehemently. Perhaps the flames of these torches was a vivid reminiscence of the hell from whence they came or perhaps it could simply represent the light that cuts through the darkness. Either way, these beasts would patiently circle their prey whilst waiting for a chance to strike.

As the hour to midnight was indeed nigh meaning that the extent of his influence would increase significantly. The knight fed on every sentiment of fear and desperation these souls felt during their last moments. The dread and anguished from his victims nourished and empowered him.

"Letting my pets do the dirty job isn't so entertaining as I thought. Perhaps..."- the man briefly paused, then smirked as he fixed his hair with his right hand later to resume his thoughts-"I could get some personal gratification as I extract the life from these maggots myself."

Serpentine like veins surrounded the pale skin of his face while his eyes shinned bright red as a devilish smile was carved on its face. With giant, almost threatening, footsteps the omen of evil headed deeper into the village heading towards its very center.

Before him, a sole man was seen fighting the ghouls with only a sword and a torch. The man was around 30 years old, sporting long beard and hair while wearing a leather jacked and brown pants. He was bleeding due to several wounds the hellhounds had inflicted on him yet his resolve to keep the monsters away from the orphanage was strong enough to keep him conscious.

The random warrior failed to notice the dark knight as he was approached from the rear. Suddenly, the warrior turned only to be startled by the devil's presence.

"Who...who are you? What kind of devil are you?" - the warrior asked as he backed away from the knight.

"I have many names and I even have a group of followers though your kind seems to deem them as heathens. Devil? No, I am worst. Far worst...terrible in ways your insignificant mind would not dare to imagine. But if a name is what you seek, then perhaps I could grant you that knowledge. Of course, I have plans for you..."

The dark knight dematerialized before the warrior and became a dense black fog which began to envelop the warrior and then entered his body through his ears and mouth. Soon, terrible images flashed before the eyes of the warrior as sheer terror corroded his health. The warrior felt on his knees while holding his head. The warrior felt an unbearable bone cracking pain as he screamed in agony.

Suddenly, there was silence. The warrior rose back to his feet bearing the same devilish smile as the dark knight who assaulted him moments ago. -"You may call me either Lucius or Lucifer. Matters not really as I will use you simply because it must be an irony to have you kill the ones you were protecting with such passion" - Lucius-Warrior then reached the sword that the warrior was wielding and then stared at the entrance of the orphanage.

(Lucius- "Current Possessed Host")

-"Now...where were we?"- Lucius-warrior approached the doorsteps as he clenched the hilt of the blade. "Is there anyone here to stop me?! Hahahahahahahahaha!" -Lucius-warrior yelled to the four winds believing that nobody would dare to stand and face him...

OOC: Apologies for the delay, BBS abuse ftw :griin:

IC: Leo, resting in the quiet village was quickly awoke by the screaming of villagers. One look outside showed what was happening, from his bedside window he saw strange monsters attacking the villagers, hearing the wooden creak of slow footsteps approaching his room he quickly grabbed his sword and, standing on his bed, waited for the door to open.

As the creaks grew louder, Leo held his sword in both hands, then as the door was slowly opened Leo was face to face with a strange, dark shadow. Not hesitating he lunged from the bed with sword outstretched, running through the specter, slaying it instantly. Charging from the building he found himself in almost complete darkness, luckily he had just the skill for this situation. With a moment of concentration he wreathed his sword in flame, the Hellfire Blade.

The area became slightly clearer, at least enough that he could see where he was going, after walking a small way through, in search of survivors he heard a maniacal laugh accompanied by the screams of children. "These monsters would even attack children?!" At once he ran as fast as he could in the direction of the laughter while it still hung on the air. Eventually he came to an orphanage, at least he presumed as much in such a state of darkness, swiftly he pushed the door aside and found an armed man inside "Are you the devil who would slay even a child? Try fighting someone who will fight back you despicable monster! While I stand you won't harm a hair on a single child's head!"

Leo readied his sword in front of him in both hands, while the narrow areas of the Orphanage were not beneficial combat grounds, he had little room to be picky right now, the children's safety took priority.

Within the Charcoal Forest, was somebody who had for quite some time set the nearby Willowbark Town as a place to rest after long, full days.

The forest was never friendly to any who walked it's depths anymore, as a result traversing through it can be very tiresome, for those it doesn't end up killing entirely.

Brianna, another of the Ferfnir species, with surprisingly a strong resemblance to the domestic breed of dog known as the Husky, at least her fur coloration being just like one, but always Ferfnir are strongly akin to Wolves, but the humanoid aspects often hugely brings human-like behavior and mannerisms out of them.

She was already getting a sufficient workout from eluding the treacherous threats of the forest, such as avoiding the black roses whose vines secrete a most deadly venom, and every now and then an encounter with some mutated beasts...

...But, when the forest didn't seem that it could get any more dangerous or dark, it did. Any hope of a faint glimpse of the sky beyond a dense fog had been completely swallowed by darkness by the time she would approach Willowbark.

On top of this thick darkness, which would make visibility nigh impossible for one with any less than exceptional vision, the village houses, particularly the inhabitants within them, were being attacked mercilessly by hideous ghouls, they even went after the children.

Brianna could clear the gate into Willowbark easily, and by clear that means getting over the gate. Highly likely it wouldn't much matter, whether she could just go right through or not she would probably go over it anyways as that is more fun.

She is skilled at unarmed combat, but generally has her stun whip on her which she can use quite efficiently, and as one could imagine hands out the most pain when attacking with her weapon.

Rushing over the gate and into the village, she took a moment to survey the area and determine where would be best to head, somewhere it shouldn't be too late to save life.

But as she did, it seems one of the ghouls set her as it's target. Brianna detected it heading in her direction, "What do we have here, a curious one?" she announced as she readied her whip.

Once it got close enough, but not too close, with just the right distance apart from herself and this abomination, she began to crack her whip at it, "Looks like I've sparked your interest," then just before the whip snapped at the enemy, she added "you're about to learn the shocking truth..."

As the tip of the whip connected with the ghoul, it was instantly vanquished by the strong jolt, "You are weak, and I am strong!" she exclaimed, as she just eliminated one of Willowbark's many threats, it wasn't much but it was a start.

The bright little sparks that would often come from the crackling whip seemed to be somewhat of a minor deterrent to ghouls, this would momentarily stop them in their place, making for an easy target if a quick reaction is made.

"Maybe I should draw them out here to lead them away from the others, it could get messy in these buildings..." she continued to contemplate what would be the next course of action that would be the best to take, and was ready to take out any more enemies that would approach in the mean time.

OOC: Depending on this post Damon could jump to a protagonist role. You are gonna hate this character.

IOC:
"Are you the devil who would slay even a child? Try fighting someone who will fight back you despicable monster! While I stand you won't harm a hair on a single child's head!"

"Hmmm?"- The possessed warrior progress halted as soon as he took notice of the swordsman. He slowly turned around until he came face to face to his new adversary. Briefly stunned by the swordsman's bravery, the smile that the possessed warrior once sported began to fade as it was replaced by a cold frowning stare. The red light in the irises of his eyes suggesting that this man was indeed a victim of an evil possession. Highly disgusted, the possessed warrior aimed his barbaric sword at the swordsman.

"What difference does it makes? They are...maggots. Unworthy of the grace of life. Why would I bother to kill them when I could entertain myself while they wallow in their despair? Death without chaos or destruction....where's the excitement in that?"
- the possessed warrior gave a devilish smile to the swordsman and then he began to burst in a maniacal laughter- "Such fun, do you laugh too? I mean, seriously, why would a poor bastard like you would even care for them? They are not your family. They are...I don't even know what to say..."

The possessed warrior kept referring to humans with such disdain as he taunted the swordsman. -"I am feeling generous today. Let's say I give you the chance to prove yourself? If you win, I will pretend this orphanage was never here and I'll continue my fun elsewhere. If I win...well"- the man closed his eyes and grinned then he unleashed his defiant stare at the swordsman-"I win. And you can guess what happens next..."

The piercing howls of the hellhounds could be heard from afar as well as the screams of the terrified children who were locked in the room that was just behind the possessed swordsman.

"I suggest you make haste. My pets are getting a little anxious. You wouldn't like to bear in your conscience how your slow processing brain allowed these children to be turned into dog food....do you? Come on, give me your best shot..."
- The possessed warrior readied his sword waiting for the swordsman's retaliation.-"Hmm....I don't know your name...let's just say I call you... "dumbass"...."- The possessed warrior kept taunting the swordsman with insults and foul mockery.

OOC: Hope it's okay to reference another character i'm working on bringing in, if I should wait till he's posted and approved, i'll just edit him out :mokken:

"How can you honestly deem children unworthy of life? And what right do you hold to end the life of others? Do you fancy yourself some kind of god?!" Leo clutched his sword in a stronger grip as he charged the dark warrior, performing a diagonal slash down on him. This man needed to be cut down, or at least removed from the area before the children get hurt "Even if it costs my life, I won't allow you to lay a finger on those children while I still draw breath!"

From atop a hill overlooking the now dark village, a solitary figure crouched down, overseeing the chaos that was ensuing below. As he began to rise to his feet, the sound of clumping footsteps could be heard behind him. Recognising the foul stench of demons, the man turned to face them and was greeted by a mad charge of two sword wielding demons.

"So, wanna play huh?" as the demons got into close distance he blocked the initial lunge with his bladed rifle and grappled the demon by the throat, shooting him in the back of the head before throwing the corpse at the other, fast approaching demon. The impact caused the still alive demon to fall as the man placed a firm boot to it's throat before snapping it.

The man then returned to the cliffside, shouldering his rifle "looks like this could be interesting..."

♥Beauty Queen Etna♥;804526 said:
OOC: Hope it's okay to reference another character i'm working on bringing in, if I should wait till he's posted and approved, i'll just edit him out :mokken:
OOC: No problemo :monster:
I also intend this fight to get quite heated... and bloody.

IOC:

"God? No...I am death itself, and I am dragging back to hell as many imbeciles as I can while I am still at it!"
- the possessed warrior gripped his sword launched itself at the swordsman (Damon). His stomping caused slight vibrations on the already fragile structure of the building the several cracking sounds coming from the surroundings hinting that the floor could collapse any moment.

There was a ravenous and lunatic look on the face of the possessed warrior. He secreted saliva and sweat uncontrollably and his eyes were milky white. The possessed warrior laughed as he gripped the hilt of the sword with both hands bringing it to his right to gain momentum as he prepared to swing his sword horizontally from right to left in a bone shattering motion.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Julius's story
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Meanwhile...

A mysterious man oversaw the chaos from atop a nearby hill. The man was seen wearing a black leather coat that reaches the level of his calves, with silver buttons engraved with a lion’s head decorating it. The coat also has the image of a silver cross on the right sleeve, which starts at shoulder length and ends right at the wrist (The coat has several pockets in which this man keeps small items such as rings, pendants, or keys). He wears a pair of dark brown deerskin fingerless gloves with a thin (1/8 of an inch) metal plate on top of the back of his hand which shifts to his knuckles when he tightens his fists. His coat also has two metallic pauldrons (shoulder pads) which are attached to his coat with screws. The pauldrons have small orifices (three per pauldron) right where the arm joins with the upper part of the torso. The man’s coat also has small, diamond shaped elbow pads made with a flexible yet durable material and covered with thin steel plates.

Underneath his trench coat, this man wears a battle hardened breastplate which covers most vital points, mainly the heart. He also wears a reddish turtle neck vest beneath the breastplate, with leather wrapped in the form of an “X” across his chest. He also is seen using black leather pants held with a dark brown leather belt that has a lion’s head plate like emblem on the middle. This man also wears a pair of black boots with plates covering the area of his toes and ankle.

Among other things, the man was also seen wearing a silver chain necklace which bears a sword shaped insignia, and a silver ring engraved with arcane runes and a red gemstone embedded on the ring. The ring had the name "Julius" engraved on it...

From his relatively safe location, the man witnessed the ruthless massacre ignited by the demons he had been hunting his whole life. Deep inside his heart, the man knew "his past demons" had something to do with it, after all, he had the chance to stop it years ago (Tales of FFF reference) yet he failed by allowing himself to be corrupted by power.

Of course, the battle held at that time was partially successful, as this man managed to grip his sanity in the last moment and vanquish the malevolent force that besieged this land....or so they thought.

Remembering the past...

The last he could remember was the once powerful and terrifying fortress in which they fought the devil himself crumbling apart as he tried to escape with his friends. Unfortunately, in a last-ditch to take revenge on his nemesis, the devil managed to reach one of the man's friends and held it hostage. The man was forced to return and fight off the devil. Though he was successful, he knew that the devil would never let them escape so he decided to stay to give his friends a chance at eluding death's grasp.

Zeria Iiyasei, Althalus Kirvar, and several others were against the idea. Zeria wanted to stay with his friend, but Althalus got a hold of her and forced her to leave. On the other side, Damon (I don't remember your character's name back then Damon :hmph:) wanted to stay since he said "I ain't letting you go through this hell alone brother."

"I am sorry Damon, but you must go to. This is my demon, my fight and my sin. I must do this alone. Do me a favor...take care of the others. The future of the new world is in your hands..."- the man said as he charged against the demon.

Soon there was silence, a large explosion and then nothing. Not a sign of the man nor the demon, only Damon barely alive crawling from within the rubble. The only thing he found was the beloved sword of his late friend...his name was Julius...

Present Time

The man, whom we will call "Julius" (possibly due to the hint provided by his ring), suddenly took notice of another warrior who was fending off several demons on his own. Impressed, Julius thought that the warrior would not require his help until he suddenly realized a demon was about to attack the unsuspecting warrior from the rear.

Suddenly, memories began to flash through his eyes flooding all his reasoning. In his mind he remembered how he once was in a similar situation, and how one of his most trusted friends fell victim due to his recklessness. The new situation being a reminiscence of an old memory made Julius run desperately to prevent the past from "repeating" itself.

He leaped over several demons and then he landed before the warrior. Without a second thought, Julius pulled a knife from his coat and hurled it towards the demon, stopping it on its tracks as the blade landed on its forehead and penetrating its feral skull. The blade was holy, so it made the demon twist in severe agony before being banished to the darkness again.

Julius then stood back to back with the mysterious gunner as they were surrounded by more of these hellhounds. "Look, introductions will have to wait. Do you know where's the source of this devils? Something or someone must be providing them with the energy necessary to sustain themselves in the mortal plane. If we cut out the source, we send all this bitches back to hell with huge bang!" - Julius claimed as he unsheathed his blade and gripped it tightly with both hands with his eyes shifting from left to right as he tried to determine the exact quantity of his opponents.

Both Crimson Wolf and Sophia out in the dark, infested Willowbark, were now fully aware of the seriousness of the current situation, as it was already clear it was a terrible event taking place.

While many obvious enemy targets were about, there were some others outside of the buildings that would seem to be doing something about these ghouls and hellhounds (OOC: they aren't the same thing, right? >.> Should be obvious, but you know...) in the area.

Whatever the two of them do, it is vital that they're source of light to fend off ghouls follows with them, so they had to be exceedingly careful to not lose either one of them, meaning moving at high speed could make holding onto them more difficult and as such would be very risky, so dashing at a target would seem an unlikely course of action.

At a certain point, after coming to grips with the gravity of the situation somewhat, there was one very interesting individual, seeming to be one of their species, that stood alone with nothing more than the sparks of her stun whip to deter the ghouls before executing any attack to eliminate threats.

This made this a much more dangerous place to be, any reactions needing to be made fast concerning an enemy closing in at any time.

And to a side, a little ways off, were two people back to back atop a hill that overlooked the dark village, and now there was one of three decisions to make...

Either meet up with the lone fighter ahead, go off towards the hill a short ways off to see what's the situation up there, or more closely approach a building to see what could come of that, which could result in saved life, or witnessing inevitable loss of it and getting themselves into a bit of a pinch.

Though time was short and very much of the essence at this time, rushing into a serious decision or not could mean the difference between life and death, and not necessarily just of their own, but the fate of some others may hinge also on it.

At this same time, the lone fighter in their sight; Brianna, also had a decision of her own to make, of how to rid the village of some of these ghouls, a number that could really make a difference and prevent some of the citizens of Willowbark from losing their lives to them.

'Hmm, while this is a dire situation, typically any male would approach me straight away, but this one seems sensible, considering everything around him. If he is as wise as I give him credit for on a first impression, he's got the looks to match. This one could be interesting, think I will see what he decides to do next.' she thought to herself as she eyed him, wondering what he would end up doing next.

As she observed, she noticed there was another with him, 'He does have a bit of company, however. I wonder who that is to him... A friend? A comrade? Hell, maybe family? No, I find the last possibility highly unlikely, she doesn't look anything like him at all.' she contemplated in her mind as she stood rather still, staying pretty much motionless.

Crimson, after eying the buildings, then the hill, in considering what to proceed closer to, then to the other Ferfnir that was nearby aside from his sister Sophia, whom to him it did look as if she was looking over in his direction.

"Her..is she watching me...?" Crimson spoke very quietly, so only Sophia who was near his side would hear it. She had noticed her looking in their direction for a short time, she was certain that she was, "It certainly looks like it to me, she has been looking over here for at least a good minute or so now." she replied, speaking quietly back.

It would look somewhat amusing speaking back and forth with a lantern in each of their mouths, but they continued on to communicate with each other. Crimson, shifting his attention over to Sophia for a moment to respond to her answer, continuing to try to speak quietly as he could that she could hear, but the other wouldn't.

"Really? So you were watching her looking over here for the past minute, not the rest of the situation around us...?" he asked, or rather stated, afterward letting out what is interpreted as a sigh, though sounded funny with something being held in his mouth at the moment.

"Yes. Why, something wrong with that? I just think she might kind of, oh, I don't know, maybe be into you just a little bit? And you can't say she doesn't look pleasant, can you Wolfy~?" she said, in a somewhat teasing manner, looking over at him as she spoke, then after as she awaited his reaction.

His ears tilted nervously to the back of his head as he began to speak, "What? No, I just..." after he started to, he slowly turned his attention toward the other female Ferfnir, looking at her face, then slowly shifted his eyes down her figure, possibly down slightly more slowly at certain areas of her body, then closing his eyes just before turning his head down and to a side, almost in a guilty manner.

"No, I-I...I can't allow anything to sway my judgment now..." he spoke, slightly less quietly then they had been speaking previously. He felt awfully embarrassed about the whole bit that just unfolded, then raising his head and opening his eyes he looked toward the hill once more, seriously contemplating heading over there.

Now he felt compelled to do anything other than play hero in front of this other Ferfnir, it wasn't as if she was unarmed, she seemed capable of fending for herself. He felt that he must resist what physically looks very tempting, as ultimately this would only truly make him look weak, and quickly submitting to a desire as one comes up like this.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+Lucius's Story+
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As the demented warrior stomped towards the mysterious swordsman (Damon's), the stability of the structure beneath their feet began to be compromised by the stress. The columns supporting the floor in which they were began to show numerous cracks all around their surface spreading as the concrete started to yield. Outside of the orphanage, several hellhounds attempted to break in through different parts of the house: windows, doors, chimney, and even by digging holes through the walls.

The mad man, determined to have the swordsman's head, took his blade and performed an arced motion dragging the sword from his back to gain momentum and let it fall in a downward swing towards the swordsman's neck.

As the distance between his blade and the swordman's neck was reduced, several children came out of the room and witnessed how his would-be-savior was on the verge of being taken down by the monster they so feared. The mad man's sword seemed so sharp that if successful, he would be capable of slicing through the swordman's skin with relative easy, cutting through flesh and bone...

OOC: Apologies Julie if ye intended to have the battle longer, if so i'll edit and we can proceed to hack each other to bits :mokken:

Leo, hearing the sounds of the dark one's servants trying to break in, was only just in the nick of time to see him bring his sword down on him, taking a swift leap backwards he dodged the sword as it embedded itself into the floorboards. Taking the opportunity, Leo charged forward with sword in both hands, lunging it into the defenseless warrior, piercing clothing and flesh in turn as blood began to fall from the wound.

Removing his sword, Leo could hear the sound of feet moving quickly through the house, expecting it to be the children he walked through the hallway to his left to look for them.

------------------------------------------

Strike, finished with the two opponents proceeded to walk down the narrow pathway with his gun shouldered, it didn't take long till he caught sight of 3... Non-human creatures, somewhat bestial in appearance yet standing on hind legs alone, perhaps a mysterious evolution had affected the creatures here?

Strike held little interest for such a thing, but wanting to test how intelligent they were he saw a small stick by his feet, picking it up he aimed for the red and black wolf.

Throwing the stick, it aimed true and struck the red and black wolf in the back of the head, to whom he called out "here boy! Go on, fetch the stick!" crouching and patting his knees, with mocking intent.

As Crimson Wolf was coming closer to a decision of what course of action to take, someone else made his decision for him as suddenly a small stick and struck him in the back of the head.

Sophia noticed something hit him in the back of the head, "What was that? Are you okay?" she asked, looking mildly concerned, but since Crimson didn't seem to flinch, she wasn't overly worried by it, perhaps slightly confused as to where it came from, until the sender spoke in a mocking manner, crouched down and patting at his knees as he spoke.

"here boy! Go on, fetch the stick!"

Crimson Wolf was both mildly amused and agitated, then quietly answering her he said "It was a stick. And yes, of course I'm okay, it is a twig..." Slowly turning his head to face directly at the comedian, having had the lantern in his mouth he put his paw up to it to let it go and rested it on what would be the crook of one's right arm, as he kept it from shifting by having his arm beyond that point raised up in front of him.

"I am not your pet..." he responded, finally. Slowly, he headed in the man's direction, calmly, with Sophia following fairly closely behind, with her lantern still in her mouth.

Crimson was unsure of what else this person would try next, if anything, but would inquire about who he is, as when he goes out of his way to get one's attention, he should be ready to answer such a question. "You've my attention now, so don't be too surprised that I am asking about who you are. That is, unless you didn't expect I could speak at all, which you wouldn't be the first to think this..."

After he finished speaking, he noticed the sharp blade he had, that came from a gun, both the blade and the firearm looked strong enough. "The blade on that gun of yours looks sharp, the gun doesn't look like any toy either... You efficient at using that thing?" he asked, as he examined the weapon.

As his chest was penetrated by the rival sword the possessed man gave an inhuman howl as a thick black fog was expelled from his mouth. The possessed warrior screamed with his arms extended in a crucifix like position as a bright light burst from his eyes like flames. The screaming continued until all of the black mist was expelled and the light consuming his eyes was faded. The swordsman soon removed his sword from his enemy's lifeless body leaving it to fall flat on his back.

Suddenly there was silence as the hellhounds that were stalking the children all through the orphanage began to blend once again with the shadows from whence they came. Their numbers diminished as what seemed to be the only source who allowed them to materialize into this plane seemed to have been vanished back into oblivion...for now.

The chaos left in its wake was significant, but it wasn't anything they couldn't get over and move on.

Meanwhile....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Julius
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After seemingly defeating all of his enemies with his new found comrade, or at least that was Julius thought. The man whom he helped simply left without saying a word.

"Thanks for being such a d*ck..." Julius muttered to himself as he sheathed his sword. He then knelt down to pick up some of the remains of the beasts he had slain moments ago. "These might come in handy..." Julius thought as he gathered and placed several hellhound bones and flesh inside a vial which would go inside his backpack.

Wondering his "friend's" whereabouts, Julius thought prudent to follow him. Using the footsteps left by his target, he managed to track him down. Julius was also careful enough to allow himself to be spotted by his target.

Eventually he discovered that the man he had been following had met a pack of shape-shifters, which would either be wolves taking humanoid form or humans using black magic to adopt several feral characteristics (Damon, and Crimson Wolf's characters). Either way, Julius was not willing let them go without first making sure they weren't part of the recent attacks on these village.

Surveying them from a safe distance, Julius knelt behind a bush and used his arms to clear the branches from his range of vision while keeping a low profile.

"What are they up to? And who are these shape shifters? What business could they have in a village who seems to be in the middle of nowhere? And more importantly...could they be a connection between them and him?"
- Julius pondered. Unfortunately as he watched over them, Julius accidentally stepped on a branch that was lying on the ground with his left foot. The pressure of the weight of his body that was placed on his left foot was sufficient enough to break the branch and make a slight, but not hardly audible, crack. Concerned that his targets might have been alerted of his presence, Julius turned around and hid behind the tree with his back leaned against the trunk.

"Damn...I hope I didn't blew up my cover..."

Leo walked through the darkness of the Orphanage and soon found all the children hiding under their beds. Reassuring them that it was safe to come out he walked them outside while they clung to his arms.

Walking outside he noticed that while the area was still dark, it seemed somewhat more peaceful now, the menacing air had vanished from the area.

With no real idea of where to go from here he walked the children to the Forest, while it wasn't the most welcoming of places, it would at least keep the children under cover for the night, by day Leo may be able to find a route for them to follow to another village.

----------------------------------

Strike, getting the Wolf thing's attention noticed it capable of speech, perhaps they took on a great deal of evolution, maybe connected to the dark forces here? But to know the English language at such a strong rate is no coincidence, maybe it runs deeper?

"Well yeah, i'd be mad to leave home without a weapon I can use" before he could continue their conversation, his highly trained ears picked up on a branch breaking "before I can continue talking... We have company"

Strike moved into a shooting position as he fired a single bullet, barely inches from the sound "Okay eavesdropper, care to make your presence known? I'd hate it if I fired a bit higher up next time..."

"Okay eavesdropper, care to make your presence known? I'd hate it if I fired a bit higher up next time..."

"Oh crap....he spotted me..." Julius grunted as his eyes focused on the scorched mark carved on the trunk of the tree by the bullet. Sighing and realizing he had no other choice than to reveal himself, Julius stood up and walked away from the tree then he slowly walked towards the right and stopped. He used his right hand to comb his hair back (although his hair scattered itself seconds later) and smirked as he turned around to face the marksman as well as the shape-shifters.

Julius then held his hands up to prove he had no intention to engage in combat, of course the fact of getting rid of his own sword would not never cross his mind. "Alright, alright....guess I made a mistake. See? I am not here to fight you guys....I was...well erm...." Julius tripped on his words as he carefully approached them with his hands still held up.

"Sh*t...alright, FINE...playing innocent here won't get me anywhere. You see, I was investigating the recent attacks on Willowbark and thought you three were somehow...involved."
Julius lowered his hands and then folded his arms as he remained standing before the marksman and the two shape-shifters.

"Now now...care to explain how your appearance in this town in the middle of nowhere happened to be exactly around the same time those hellhounds attacked? " Julius unfolded his arms as he fixed his eyes on them whilst keeping his right hand close to hilt of his sword.

OOC: Clever using the light bulb icon for the being detected post. :P

As Crimson Wolf and the stranger were speaking, he clearly heard a branch snap not far off, and his head perked up and darted to facing the direction of where the noise had come from, but before he could comment on it, the man was already acknowledging the presence of this 'eavesdropper', then fired a shot around the area before he spoke out to him or her.

"Okay eavesdropper, care to make your presence known? I'd hate it if I fired a bit higher up next time..."

Now Sophia was concerned of if this nosy individual would be an enemy, but seeing as her brother often kept things well in hand, or paw rather, she could remain silent for the time being, and he could see this through as he was capable of more than just speaking if worst came to worst.

The immediate danger of the ghouls and hell hounds gone, Sophia set her lantern down by her feet, as holding it in her mouth was already beginning to bother her jaw a little bit.

Off in the distance, Brianna had noticed the immediate threat seem to just vanish, 'Ugh, stupid... You took forever making up your mind about what to do, and now can't be of any help. Just brilliant Brianna.' she thought to herself, being somewhat peeved about her indecisiveness depriving her from making herself more useful during the most recent crisis that struck near her whereabouts, albeit not long ago.

Since fighting at this time didn't seem necessary she figured she might go see what was going on with the trio a little ways off, which consisted of those other two Ferfnirs. That was before an eavesdropper had been detected then was slowly revealing himself from behind the trunk of a rather large tree.

When she saw this she decided to slip off to a tree not far from her current position, which was also quite large around, and whose foundation was rather stronger and there were no branches right near it's trunk, so she would more successfully listen in on the conversation until if and when she decides to make herself visible, that would be again to those Ferfnir creatures.

At first the intruder had been tripping over his words as amongst his words he spoke of not being there to fight them, but then got himself together and began to get more to the point.

While investigating the recent attacks on Willowbark, he spotted the trio of strangers there during it and became suspicious of if they had some involvement in it, then questioning what they were doing in this town out in the middle of nowhere around the same time the hell hounds attacked.

Crimson Wolf had noticed him draw his hand close to the hilt of his sword, but this didn't phase him at all, as it was nothing he hadn't faced in the past, and to show his remaining calm and collected he crossed his arms casually before he began to give his explanation, on behalf of himself and his seemingly nervous, scared even sister.

Looking the man straight in the eyes, clearly speaking to him and only him, even though anyone else right around him would also hear.

"While I can't speak for this man, me and my sister behind me are traveling most of the time, and being what we are it isn't uncommon for us to pass through a forest environment such as this, just ended up choosing a rough time to enter this one..."

Crimson wasn't sure he would buy this or not, but it was the whole truth. "I admit, I have a knack for getting caught up in the middle of a catastrophic event as it strikes some random place, this time it was Willowbark..." he added, lowering his head and turning it to a side, then closing his eyes momentarily as he added to this muttering words under his breath.

"On behalf of all the residents of this quiet town, I am deeply sorry for dragging this curse out here..." he spoke the words quietly, but for any who may have heard this, unmistakeably those words were spoken in a remorseful tone.

Now uncrossing his arms, his eyes opened and head facing the suspicious, investigatory one once again, "Now I could ask you the same thing," he announced, as he straightened out his arm to point his paw directly at him, "as this place is under attack, you suddenly appear lurking in bushes and behind trees, somewhat suspicious behavior wouldn't you say?"

Now lowering his arm, letting down the lantern that had rest on it then letting it drop a short distance to the ground before continuing. "What's your story? How were you conveniently close by the moment this town got attacked by those shady figures? I find it hard to believe you would find yourself in this particular part of, as you say 'in the middle of nowhere' and be unaware that it was just about to be attacked. Its your turn to explain a few things now..."

OOC: RPing with myself ftmfw

Guiding the orphans through the destroyed streets, Leo's ears perked up when he heard a gunshot not far from him, moving the children out of sight he walked up alone, to find a man with a gun pointed at him. Dashing forward, Leo stood in the path of the gun weilding man "What do you think you're doing? Have you too, lost your mind? Enough blood has been spilt this night"

Strike, now with his gun focused on the new swordsman who had appeared before them, began to answer his questions "simple, this man was playing eavesdropper, and I don't like them, if anything, he's more likely to be with those monsters, wouldn't you say? Obviously you have some experience with these things so why don't you see if he's of good intent or not?"

"Don't you think if he was one of those monsters, he would've attacked you by now? The ones I faced didn't seem to care if their life was in danger" Leo then looked over to where he left the children, to make sure they were still there "right now we don't have time to be pointing blades at one another, if you have the strength to throw accusations then surely you can help me find survivors and gets them to safety"

OOC: I'll assume Leo, Julius, Crimson, Sophia and Strike are in the same place.
IOC:
Feeling cornered by the sudden barrage of questions targeted at him, Julius had no other choice than to comply and explain the truth, or at least, what he thought the truth was. After releasing a deep sighed, Julius approached the suspicious group. Even though that in his mind he thought this people could have been involved, he also had to consider that they might think exactly the same about him.

"Time to break the ice. Listen, I've been investigating these attacks for quite some time. You might consider me some sort of bounty hunter...I track them, I find them, I kill them. Then I get payed. I get rid of the monsters, people go back to their boring lives and I leave with the gold." - Julius paused briefly as he walked towards a nearby tree to lean against. He then folded his arms while carefully examining the situation at hand.

-"Of course, most attacks happen in big cities, you know, the bigger the messier. Oddly enough, Willowbark would have been the last town in the list to attack, at least that's what I thought at first..."
- Julius paused once more, raising his left eyebrow as he kept a serious expression. Moments later, he relaxed his face, closed his eyes and smirked. Finally, he opened his eyes and fixed them on the group.

-"Well now I am somewhat convinced none of you had anything to do with this. You happen to be as lost in this issue as I am. However, I have a theory...but..."- Julius unfolds his arms as he walks away from the tree to finally make a sudden stop right in front of the them.

-"How about we first go back to the town, check the survivors and in the meantime have a beer? Or we can stay the remainder of the night here making friends and pointing guns and swords at each other. Your call...either way I am going back to town then I'll investigate the forest tomorrow..." - Julius laughs as he turns his back on the marksman and proceeds to walk away.

"Oh and by the way, if anyone else besides the paranoid psycho with the gun..."-points out with his right hand's thumb at the marksman-"...is interested in my theory... hit the liquor store...I'll gladly share. Besides, I plan to go on a hunting in this forest soon and by the looks of our current situation, I might need a hand or two..." Julius stops talking as he stares at Sophia...-"Maybe a helping paw too...whatever...oh and by the way psycho gunner, you are free to come..."- Julius leaves towards the town...

Last edited:
OOC: Due to my plans, Zynthreo will wait...

At a local liquor store sat a man who was battle ridden, but proud. He was proud of who he was and all that he had done. He grinned whenever he thought of all the blood he had shed, and all of it was legal as well. In his hand was a normal sized bottle containing an alcoholic beverage. Every few seconds he would take a swig and let it sit in his mouth for a second before swallowing. The cool beverage fell right through his throat and sank to his stomache. Taking a deep breathe, he wondered what all the noise outside was, but didn't care.

OOC: Told you it would be poor :(

OOC: ... >_>'

As the one whom by his own admission may be considered something of a bounty hunter began walking back towards town, then into Liquor store, Brianna decided that after she heard about his little proposition, to head in as well.

But she would wait to see if those two Ferfnirs would go in first, and not just appear in front of them and heading there, should it impact Crimson Wolf's decision at all, in any way...

Now he was set on seeing how this will play out, and thus after a few words he would proceed to the bounty hunter person. Sophia however took notice of that he stared at her as he made his last comment before going back into town.

"Hey, when he said 'maybe a helping paw too' he was looking straight at me, like he was directing those words at me. What do you think he meant?" she asked, finally speaking aloud after a period of silence.

"If he would be expecting for you to be fighting off attackers yourself, he'll be informed otherwise. My claws will do well for two helping paws in his little forest hunting expedition." Crimson replied, assuring that she would not be forced to use violence in enemy encounters out in the forest, or anywhere else.

Now turning to the marksman, whom the bounty hunter specifically excluded from his offer, he would bid him adieu. "I am going to see this through, I'm sure you will be able to find something to keep you occupied, whoever you are..." he said, then turning his back to him and heading towards town, Sophia now following along side of him, not behind.

She donned a somewhat confused expression as she looked over to Crimson Wolf, "But Wolfy, neither of us drink..." she announced, concerned that she would be expected to have one.

Crimson would set her mind at ease about it before they would reach the store. "I wouldn't think anything of it, he just said to meet him at the liquor store if interested, not to go there and get smashed..." He had a little smirk on his face as he finished speaking.

She was simply more confused by his last comment, however. "Smashed? Um, getting into a fight...?" she asked, looking slightly worried by this.

"...No, it is merely an expression used to refer to somebody that has consumed an excessive amount of alcohol..." he explained as simply as he could, in hopes that nothing of it wouldn't be misunderstood, leading to more questions, as they were getting close to their destination now.

"Oh..." she responded, with an embarrassed look on her face, but not particularly necessary, as being one who doesn't drink she wouldn't really have to understand what the expression means.

Now at the store that the bounty hunter had entered not long ago, they now entered in as well, receiving various looks from the people in the place, understandably.

As soon as the two had arrived at the store's door, Brianna began to head towards there in a longer, more indirect route that would not be as bluntly suggesting she would be, simply put, following right behind them.

Now, inside of the store, Crimson Wolf located the man, then approached cautiously. He stayed a further distance from him than the length of his sword he had on him, and making sure Sophia did the same, still not being completely comfortable in the presence of this 'bounty hunter'.

"Looks like I decided to show, as I wish to see this through, this...theory of yours. In return I wouldn't hesitate to take part in this little forest hunting expedition you plan to set out on tomorrow. I am rather good with forests, and while my claws may not slice off any limbs with the ease your sword could, take my word for it they are very sharp, and can pierce even scales with relative ease."

After his little speech, he thought to mention what Sophia mentioned to him a moment ago. "Oh, but my sister did acknowledge that you seemed to be directing at her the words along the lines of helping out. Just to clarify, she isn't a fighter. My claws can easily be enough to make for two helping paws..."

Meanwhile, Brianna had closed the distance between herself and the building, then without taking time to listen in any, as she heard what she cared to, and was there for two reasons.

Firstly, as an opportunity to get up closer to that Ferfnir with the black and red fur while having a different excuse for being there, and the idea of hunting down some beasties sounded alright to her too, and could just make their work easier, she wasn't so into the whole theory bit, but would hear it out if she were to have arrived before the man ran through it already.

Leaving her electrical, stun whip just outside of the building, keeping the handle hidden so anyone dumb enough to touch it gets a decent shock, and bringing it with her into buildings can be rather dangerous unless everything were made of stone inside, that being highly unlikely.

As she entered, she got a greater share of positive looks than the previous two Ferfnir creatures to have stepped in, whose presence mainly just bewildered most. Immediately she spotted the group gathered, with a little distance being kept between them.

As she was approaching, she began speaking before she had even gotten to the point where she would be stopping. "Excuse me for interrupting this little meeting you three are having, but I heard you are going into the forest to do some hunting and wouldn't mind a little help coming along."

Crimson Wolf was most surprised to see her there, that close... He couldn't say anything to her right away, then she continued on to speak and explain how she heard of this.

"I heard both sides of the conversation you three had outside, and I'm in the same boat as these two, I travel a lot. I hurried into the town when I heard things getting ugly ahead as I was making my way through that forest. Now that the immediate threat seems to have pretty well been dealt with for the time being, I will become bored if I don't have something to do real soon, ideally some good fighting action."

Back