Robert Jordan 1948-2007

BennytheChemist

Chemist Of Death!
Gil
I didn't find this out until today, but Robert Jordan, the author of the Wheel of Time series, died on September 16. I never thought that he was gonna die before he wrote the last book in the series but he couldn't finish it in time. He died from heart problems that I am oblivious of the names to, but he left behind notes of what was supposed to happen in the last book and he told his family what he wa going to go with the book but I was wondering if they should finish the book?

If they did write the book I think it would be somewhat like a tribute to him in a way.

I personally hope that they do write the book, not only so that I can end the series but to continue with his legacy.

What do you guys think about it?

Rest in Peace Robert Jordan.

I heard about his death recently thanks to my boyfriend. He was rather upset that Robert Jordan passed away. He just finished reading Knife of Dreams. My boyfriend refuses to read the next book because since it will be written by his wife. (I think >_>) I'm guessing some fans feel the same and will probably only read the spoilers once the final book is out.

Oh my God. Ive heard of him and seen his books, but still need to raid my friends book collection as she has loads of his work.

May he rest in peace.

I don't think I'll read the last book either because it wont be the same, and if his wife, or whoever writes the book, tries to make it the same they will mess it up even worse so I'll just ask what happens.

How do you know they will mess it up? Tolkiens son had to compete his fathers work after he died and he did a good job.

I know they'll mess up if they try and mimic his style of writing, they aren't the same person as he was and half the book is already written, so if they start writing in their writing style then it will seem strange, but I've decided to read it no matter what.

And thats what Tolkiens son did. He had to complete the Silmarillion and IMO he did a great job of it. He copied his fathers style of writing and it was like Tolkien had written it himself.

I would read the last book if they published it, but I wouldn't expect the same kind of writing. I would read it just to know what happens.

Brandon Sanderson has been chosen to finish the Last Book, and luckily, Jordan did make a heap of notes and recordings etc. so Sanderson won't be forced to make up his own idea of what the events will have to be...
Reference to The Fires of Heaven (I think), I still really want to know who
killed Asmodean

Back