Riddles!

Tidus Blade

The Watermelon Man
Veteran
Gil
1337 knight said:
Q1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms: The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

Q2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?

Q3. A magician was boasting one day at how long he could hold his breath under water. His record was 6 minutes. A kid that was listening said, "that's nothing, I can stay under water for 10 minutes using no type of equipment or air pockets!" The magician told the kid if he could do that, he'd give him $10,000. The kid did it and won the money. Can you figure out how?

Q4. There are two plastic jugs filled with water. How could you put all of this water into a barrel, without using the jugs or any dividers, and still tell which water came from which jug?

Q5. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and grey when you throw it away?

Q6. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

Q7. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it! In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out! Try to do so without any coaching!

Q8. You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?

Q9. If you overtake the last person, then you are...?

Q10. (in your head!) Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total?

Q11. Mary's father has five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini, 4. Nono. What is the name of the fifth daughter?
Well, I know the answers, so lets see if anyone can answer them all.....

Last edited:
No. 2: She "shot" him with a camera. Put the picture of her husband under water and hanged the picture up to dry. The wife and the husband then went out to dinner.

No. 8: If you overtake 2nd place then you will be in 2nd place.

No. 9: You can't overtake last place

No. 10: 4100

No. 11: Mary

(Will edit post when i figure out more)

These one's i'm not to sure about:

No. 1: The room with lions because they would have starved to death by 3 years and they would be dead.

No. 3: The water is in a container and is raised so the kid can stand under the container, therefore staying under the water and stay there for ten minutes.

Alright i want to do one. Everyone probably knows it by now but whatever.

A man rides on horseback for two days. He started his journey Monday but arrived at his destination on Friday. Hows that possible?

Last edited:
Question 1: The room full of assassins. They'll all kill each other before the murderer gets into the room anyways, so there will be no danger.

Question 1: The room full of assassins. They'll all kill each other before the murderer gets into the room anyways, so there will be no danger.
Actually the room with lions, as staines said, they would have died if they havent eaten in 3 years 0.o
Nice staines, you got many correct
yoyur horseback riddle now, did he walk the rest of the way?

Q4: Put the jugs in the barrel
Q6: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow
Q7: No e's?

I'm stumped on Q5 though :(

Staines Riddle
He died and the horse continued the journey?
@FireZ:
you got Q 6 and 7 correct, 4 is not! 5 could be hard but it's easy once you think the right thing... lol PM me if you desperate for answer!

I'm not to good at riddles like the ones above, but I've got a simple one I've heard somewhere:

If you look upon my form, your own form will I take.
The whole world can fit inside of me, yet even a child can bare my weight.
What am I?

water

the jug questions answer is to freeze the water before placing it in the barrel.

question 5 is charcoal.

Back