Reviews module?

Ethics

Banned
Veteran
Gil
First off, I wanna go ahead and state that the Reviews section of the profile is pretty awesome. I saw it and was gonna ask what it does, since independent research didn't explain much until I found one by @Kirito

It does raise a handful of questions, though.

1. First, the comments section states that the comment may be available in a different location. Okay, but...where?
  2. As a follow up to the above question, does this mean it actually posts the original content elsewhere as well?
  3. Is this for any general content? Luke has a game review and there is a gameplay rating section, but there are anime reviews.
  4. Where is the documentation/announcement for this feature? Seems like something you should/would have mentioned...but I couldn't find it.
  5. Doesn't that make the Game Review irrelevant? The features available in this are more improved, so it isn't like you're losing much. You can have a member of staff, FFBank (or FFLegacy) repost them and just credit the true authors where due. Are we keeping it around for legacy?

Regardless though, as I said, this is a very cool feature and I like it. GG, @ DB and Bel.
@Ilyena @Shu @CassinoChips @Dionysos

Last edited:
I remember the reason Reviews were moved from the navigation bar was due to lack of space, and because the Review system wasn't really used at that point, it was decided to put it on the second row, next to Blogs and Arcade.

I can't say for sure because it's not up to me, but I think if the Reviews start actually picking up I'm pretty sure that will take priority. It would seem like the most logical thing to do, imo, but I can't say for sure. Cosidering you already added the admins, I'll let them answer. :D

The Reviews system actually had a glaring glitch and I was advised by Fil to take it down until they release an update, but for some reason I didn't. Had to do with permissions issues (this was something Mikasa PMed me about), but I can't remember now. I'll have to dig in my PM box to clarify. I know that permission issue still exist though as I mentioned it to Belazor but he had no solution at the time.

Not sure about that comment bit. First time I noticed it. But it seems to be working and it shows up right where it should be. And we can do general content, sure.

I'm not sure why I didn't release an announcement about it as I usually do that for new mods/features. Could be that I was debating whether to take it down due to that glitch, or I might've forgotten. I remember jotting down ideas for it in the Staff HQ for discussion, and I did make a thread about it, but I'm not sure why I neglected to announce it in public. My fault there. I'll work on this once I figure things out. I'd like to confirm with Belazor in case there's any further updates as well.

But my main thing was that this Reviews system should act as an 'official' review platform, so proofreading by certain group of members (I believe I PMed the Editorial Staff about this) is necessary.

The only reason why the Game Reviews are still there is because it would require the users to sign in and transfer their reviews in the Reviews system. I'd prefer not to archive those threads as I had asked for game reviews back in the days.

I also asked others for reviews (Cali, Jamie being a few for their Birthweek game reviews) and if they can put it up in the system but I'm not sure if they were up for the idea.

To follow up:

The member usergroup can actually 'Approve/Reject' reviews being submitted by users despite proper configurations. Obviously that's something we don't want. :hmmm: I remember having to delete a few intentional spam reviews from Guests and one or two from our members.

Mitsuki said:
Tested it on our testing account, and I was able to approve my own test review as a Member usergroup. Thanks for reporting this bug. Went ahead and submitted a report to Belazor. :) They'll have the dev look over the issue soon.

I will leave the Reviews system enabled though despite this.
@Belazor et Britannia

Back