Red State

Abstract Debauchery

High Mage of Loathing
Veteran
Gil
Red State is the last movie that Kevin Smith will ever direct (he will still write movies, however). Odds are most people haven't heard of it because he was self-distributing it for the longest time because of issues with companies. It's a "horror" movie and it's his first time making one. (Though, I don't consider it as such because it's not really horror.)

The story starts off with three kids trying to get laid and they end up getting kidnapped by a group of insane as fuck Christians. The group of Christians is highly inspired by the "God Hates Fags" group, and the pastor that leads it is inspired by Fred Phelps, the groups leader.

Actors include Micheal Parks, John Goodman, and Kevin Pollak.

I watched it this morning as it was released on VoD yesterday. Personally, I loved it. I would recommend it to anyone.

Red_State_Poster.jpg

I downloaded this movie like 2 days ago. It has some good reviews. I'll check it out a.s.a.p. although Im not sure I am going to like it as Im sick and tired of cults and religiously based movies where they do atrocity things in the name of God...its sad that it happens irl too.

Back