Gabranth

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Bomb
Bomb
Bomb
Bomb
Yeah, the Red Mountains area has been released in the RPG. Be aware there might be a few errors here and there, so if you come across any, just post them in the related thread. I will update it now and then, with new drops and things to do since it's a rather large area.

Oh, and it's accessible from Sunset Vista by talking to Judge Gabranth and Jack Frost.

Last edited:
Wow those are some areas >_> reached Musur caves or whatever and I need help, the spell-ga spells are kinda overpowered =/ Aeroga (300 HP per turn and last for more than 2 turns? ) that's like bye bye HP. >_>

Death hounds like to spam the one shot spell btw. : P also Demonic something spell is broken.

This doesn't sound very good... :( I like a challenge, not the impossible... :ness:

I'm just about to check it out, haven't yet, kind of afraid now. -__-

Last edited:
Could be worse I could be up there with you guys breezing by you.

Won't be breezing by me, just beat all the areas. Granted, lots of areas with monsters to get through, but now that I've played it for myself, the difficulty is just fine. It is challenging, but doable.

And about that shop...I know it is supposed to be overpriced stuff, but prices going as high as 450000 Gil...450k! That's too freakin' much Gil! Make the Gil reward for defeating monsters nice too then. Real nice. -__-

Edit: About the enemy difficulty...I stand very, very strongly corrected!! There were some areas I didn't know about when I made this post, that you can't reach until you've defeated those bosses at the Red Mountain Summit.

There is a monster there that appears in at least a group of two, double turns my pet, and spams this spell that almost always hits and deals well over 1000 damage. Guaranteed. That is overkill, buster. -_-

Last edited:
Which area are these monsters in? The Ruins or the Plains Of Oblivion?
Both those areas were not tested really, but easily fixable. And the spell which is causing trouble is Paradox Slash, right?

I think Aeroga should be lowered to -200 or -150 per turn -300 is A LOT for a spell that can be stocked especially when you face 3 who can cast it on you.

The spell that is causing me a lot of trouble is Touch of Hell, and it was in those Ruins. Though Paradox Slash isn't pleasant either, Touch of Hell is overkill, they spam it, it rarely misses, and for my turn they get 4 turns, and there is some other monster that uses that Paradox Slash... :ness:

And I thought I was through the areas. >_>'

Is it a matter of teaming up with you? If so, my level is too high. D: And I was just about to go level up more. >.> And I need to get millions of Gil, and get my Arcane level to 250...this is insane. >_<

I've downgraded a few of the enemies spells - most importantly to you, Touch Of Hell and Aeroga. The latter now has a base damage of 0. The former will now miss more often and the enemies use it less. I've also edited the monsters at Plains Of Oblivion. Be aware, people who use Magic will need to use the stat boosting spells to great advantage; the Plains Of Oblivion are rather difficult without them.

Oh, and you can get up to Lv 122 by the end of the areas, so if you're having trouble with the enemies, level up.

Last edited:
I hope you will all like the backgrounds I chose for the Plains Of Oblivion. Rather beautiful pictures. :)
Same for the third area of the Ruins Of Maar Gan.

Thanks for adjusting that spell Gabranth. And about Aeroga...wouldn't it suck for players to have to pay all that Gil for it at Dark Elf Cave, if it is weaker than Thunder, but costs WAY more MP?

And do some of those spells really have to require Level 245 & 250 Arcane just to learn them...? >_> Arcane is probably the biggest pain in the ass skill to level up, it rises super slow...

Btw, what is the max levels of the spells Haste, Berserkra, Sorcery, Reflex, and Regen (this better be good for 450000 Gil and Level 250 Arcane. -__-)?

Last edited:
For Haste, Berserkra and Sorcery the max level is 7. For Regen it's 5. Regen also has a max heal rate of 200. So at Lv 5, it will heal for a base of 100 to 200, and for 11 turns.

As for Aeroga, I was contemplating whether I should create a monster spell version, and player spell version. I guess I'll do that now then.

...why does everybody think of spell levels like that...

If a spell's max level is Level 5, and it lasts 6 turns, gets +1 turn per level up, it'll last 10 turns ( it starts at Level 1, if it's max level is 5, it can only get four additional levels for getting +1 turns. 6 + 4 = 10. :/ ).

If Regen is supposed to last for 11 turns once mastered, either you have to make the max Level 6, or it lasts 7 turns right from Level 1.

Btw, I just trained Haste until it wouldn't gain any more exp, and it got to that point at Level 5, looks like that is what the max Level of it is set to.

Definitely a few kinks to straighten out here... >_>

I still think you'll have a wee bit of trouble in them thar ruins, Gotenks, take the time to level up in the areas before that before attempting to "blaze" through it, or you might be in for a bit of a surprise. :P

Good luck in the new areas. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back