Veteran
Gil
Sephiroth
FFXIV
Ilyxia Britannia
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Hey all,

I just wanted to give you a quick update on what's been going on with the server: We don't really know, actually.

The host ran a complete hardware diagnostic and found no errors, but we're in constant talks with them trying to figure out what is going on.

I'll update this thread once we know more.

Thanks for your patience :)

arrrrr this explains the downtime today xD at least we know it going to get sorted, good work as always tech guys ;)

I am very glad this is being sorted....I was like on the forum, went to get some food come back and was like :O What has happened! haha. I have seen similar issues arise with other forums when it comes to unknown problems with the servers. I am glad it is under way to be fixed, that is the main thing after all.

Good job on the quick recovery! I spent a good five minutes testing my internet connection last night, hoping that it wasn't that the forums were down :P

Looks like the forum's getting lazy and is going to sleep in the middle of the night. What else am I supposed to do at two in the morning if not troll the forums? D=

While the site was down my browser said to me, "Do you mean finalfantasyforums.com?" and I was very confused for a good while, derp.

I'm glad everything's in the process of getting sorted out and I hope everything's okay!!

Lord Golbez said he was performing a backup, so that might have been the cause.

Was that happening two days in a row at the exact same time (around 1:45 AM British Standard Time)?

I then need to know what method of backup was being employed (i.e. a full log of all the commands ran) because that seems like a pretty big coincidence...

A little update.

The techs have consulted with another technician (eva2000) regarding the performance of the DB server. There was an issue during the database maintenance, so the forums was down for awhile. There shouldn't be any more issues now, but in case anything comes up, the forums might have to be shut down without further notice.

Thank you for your patience. :)

Really? I've only just been able to connect to the site today. Feels like it's been weeks. :(

Also running very slow for me

Back