‘Realism’ why gamers want Final Fantasy VII remake, says Kitase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
Kitase-Realism-FF7.jpg

Yoshinori Kitase, producer of Final Fantasy XIII and director of 1997’s Final Fantasy VII, has said that ‘realism’ is the reason why gamers so direly want a Final Fantasy VII remake. He explains that it was the first Final Fantasy to have “more life-like” characters.

“I think there’s such a strong voice out there for the Final Fantasy VII remake because with Final Fantasy VII, when it first came out, the characters were really the core of the game,” Kitase told 1UP in a new interview, “The CG 3D technology enabled us to create characters that seemed more relatable and more real in every way. They were more life-like than in any other FF title. But now, technology has evolved so far; in Final Fantasy XIII, we’re able to breathe more life into the characters. I think people really want to see the characters they love in a more realistic form. There were no voices back then, for instance. I think adding all these new layers to the characters is something fans really would like to see.”

ScrawlFX

This game of we will or won't make it is really annoying now, if they are making it i don't see how hard it is just to announce it already. Regardless of how long it takes they'll do it. Just announce it ffs seriously.

Mr. Kitase is right, you know.

I would like to the kind of intensity that I see in Lightning in Cloud. FFXIII looks like it was worked on and as though the creators put their hearts and souls into the game. I would like to see that kind of work done on FFVII, no matter how long I would have to wait (before I die, I hope D:) The characters were very much what the game centered around and seeing them the way I saw them in Advent Children would be very refreshing.

Isn't Advent Children enough? I mean, you got a full feature length film with that "intensity" that you want. Why the remake? Sure, I can safely say that I hate the game, and I'm that bias to the point where I never want to see one. However, I'm curious to know why you would want a remake so badly.

I believe every fan of a game would like to see a remake of their favorite title, yet some FFVII fantards truly act like it's owed to them. :ffs:

Besides sales, what makes you want this remake so badly? You have a Film, an anime, two games, and more featuring everything that you could possibly want. It's not going to stop with a remake. Years after the remake finally hits, I can promise you that 4 console generations later, they'll want another one.

There is no pleasing the average FFVII fantard. (By fantard I mean the OMFG FFVII IS TEH GREAEST EVAR AND U CAN'T DISAGREE fantard.)

FFVII fanboys have single handedly ruined the game for me. It was okay when it came out, average at best, but the fanboys... They killed it. I hate this game and everything that it stands for at this point.

And the "we may make it, but we might not" crap is getting old. How about you shut up about the remake altogether until you decide if you're going to make it or not? Sounds like a great plan to me. :mokken:

Personally, I think he's finding reasons for the remake that aren't there. Fans may want a remake for the pretty graphics side of it and voiceovers, but I've yet to hear one person mention realism, even from the most hardcore of fans. Essentially you could say any current generation of games are "realistic" simply due to how good the graphics are. All he's said is that FFVII needs what a lot of people find a necessity nowadays: Voiceovers and pretty graphics.

There's a difference to what looks realistic and what is realistic.

I think he means realism like facial animations, voices, graphics, etc. I don't think he's trying to say realistic, just realism. Very different. Tsukianei, most want a remake for nothing more than to see their favorite characters/game with better graphics. That's why remakes are made, that's why people want remakes. Whether you like it or not, whether you agree with it or not, there are a place for remakes in the video game economy. People will shell out 60 bucks for a game they've played since 1998 just because it has better graphics. I want a remake of VII, VIII, and IX. I'd even settle for an HD version of X and XII. I don't know why, but graphics allow me to be better engrossed in the game, so a remake of VII would allow me to better enjoy the game. I think a lot of people feel this way. Some don't, and continue to complain about it in every single remake thread. *Shrug* Like I said before, the remake's going to happen eventually, so might as well not bitch about it and just accept it. You guys talk about Final Fantasy VII diehards getting annoying, but you guys are annoying me to hell with all your bitching. So some people want a remake? You don't have to buy it, though I'm almost certain the majority of you will.

We "bitch" because of the over abundance of fanboys shouting out about how badly they want a remake, how great their game is, how inferior everything else is to it, how better they are because they think they have a better taste, blah blah blah, etc etc.

THANKFULLY that doesn't happen here too often. What is truly annoying is that people are still head over hills about a game that came out over 10 years ago and act like nothing has come close to it and apparently that their shit doesn't stink.

So yeah, I'm frankly annoyed by it. Because this is going to continue until the game is finally remade and fanboys can shut up. However, I'd be a fool not to think that once the game is remade that the fanboys will STILL want more.

Also, tone it down, Brah. Just because you don't enjoy my complaining doesn't mean you have to go around acting all condescending and using terms like "bitching". The term, "complaining" worked just fine before. :mokken:

Alright, I'm sorry. I don't mean to be a downer here but this is getting REALLY fucking annoying. First they say, there won't be an FFVII remake in the near future. Then you have ANOTHER person saying that they'd like to see the game remade, but then you have two others saying it's not going to happen for a good, long while and now you get shit like this. It's like they're fucking jerking you around. Either they're gonna remake it or they're fucking NOT going to remake it. Granted they'd better give us FFV and VI remakes before they go remaking FFVII. They need to just straight up say they are or AREN'T going to do it and let the damn topic rest. I'm sorry, but this is just getting SERIOUSLY irritating now. I'm sick of seeing news like this. It's like they're deliberately hanging a ball of string in front of a cat's face, dangling it back and forth and then pulling it away. It's bullshit. I don't want the remake, personally. However, to constantly do this to fans and then post shit like this is just mean.

Okay, complaining. I'm sorry for saying "bitching" but that's exactly what it seems to be. I'm chill, I just want you to realize how annoying your complaints of annoyance are :p

In the same way you don't want to hear fanboys brag about their game, I don't like to hear people complain about a remake of VII. Because it happens all the time. In every remake thread. And there's hardly any fanboys, maybe one or two.

And I'm just saying that fanboys creaming their pants at the mention of a remake and viciously defending their game like you just insulted their families honor is worse. I just want you to realize how annoying fantards are. :p

In the same way you don't want to hear me complaining about a remake, I don't like to hear or see fanboys ready to slaughter us "non-believers" by the masses because we don't agree with them. Because it happens all the time. In every remake thread. And there's hardly any anti-FFVII fans, maybe one or two.

Funny how that works out... :rofl:

Unfortunatley the more news that comes from SE the more I worry about the future of the FF franchise.

It seems more and more that the share holders are having the majority say in what the developers make next, as they try to gross better revenues from there product, so much so that they are now becoming double standards on everything.

I too remember the statement of there never being an FF7 remake, or even any sequels/prequels, but now we have several spin off titles, including a prequel and a movie, and now they are speaking of remaking it.

Sure I may well want to see an FF7 remake, but I'd rather them use the time and resources on making the next FF instead of grinding out redone stuff to make a quick buck as it really doesnt look good for the companies rep when they start looking for the easy, fast money instead of sticking to there traditions.

Those "hardcore" fans who are clamouring for an FFVII remake and ruining the game for the rest of us only want a remake because they think that FFVII is the be-all and end-all of video gaming. Enhanced graphics is a reason, but I'd say its a very small one - they could release it in a similar style to those on DS and fans would flock to it.

I have to wonder why in the name of everything sacred half the news coming from Square Enix these days is FFVII related, when they've stated there isn't going to be a remake...either remake it to shut the fans up, or stick with what you say and just STOP TALKING ABOUT IT. Final Fantasy XIII is hitting the western market on the 9th of March, and there are plenty of other games they have in the works. Surely it'd be better to talk about those, instead of a game over a decade old?

I just want to see the translation fixed

...and the wall market scene... Im not all that fussed about anything else, but Im dying to see how they would get round the Honey Bee Inn in those graphics

I just want to see the translation fixed

...and the wall market scene... Im not all that fussed about anything else, but Im dying to see how they would get round the Honey Bee Inn in those graphics

HAHA! That would be amzn. Especially if you chose the
gang bang scene when you get inside it
. Could probably end up being classified as an 18 if that gets too 'realistic'.

I like the game as it is though. I agree that SE would better spend their resources concentrating on other things. Although I suppose it's all publiciting generating so :neomon:

It gets annoying when I see both diehards and anti-FFVIIs just arguing all the time. It's also irritating that SE is tossing this topic back and forth. If there is to be a remake, fine. I just wish they make up their mind already.

I'm not against the remake, but I'm also not for it. You already have DoC and even its own film. Personally, I wish SE would focus more on new games, or maybe even sequels or remakes for all other FF installments before focusing on FFVII. I, II, III, IV, and VI (from what I have read in other topics) have had their own remakes, too, but VII has been getting the most attention.

But like I said, I'm not against it. If they decide to make the remake, let them. If it's a bad decision, it'll bite them in the you-know-what. I wish SE would focus on other games, but I accepted the fact that it won't happen. I wouldn't be surprised if they quit on making remakes after VII. At least I'll be able to buy the originals in Amazon.

Right - they have officially pissed me off even more now - if I wasn't already. Hasn't it been established that a FFVII remake would not be practical right now with all the projects SE has up its sleeve, the enormous amount of time required and the efforts to produce the HD visuals? Now Kitase comes back like a boomerang and gives us this. Tell me Square Enix - are you actually considering to do it or not?

Yoshinori Kitase, producer of Final Fantasy XIII and director of 1997’s Final Fantasy VII, has said that ‘realism’ is the reason why gamers so direly want a Final Fantasy VII remake.
It's a small reason - not THE reason. Other reasons include the "need" for HD visuals and perhaps to incorporate FFVII neatly with the other titles in the Compilation. I think it's mainly the more extreme FFVII fans out there who have a diehard love for Cloud and Sephiroth generally wishing to see an amazing new update of their favourite game ever.

The CG 3D technology enabled us to create characters that seemed more relatable and more real in every way. They were more life-like than in any other FF title.
Excuse me? Just because the graphics engine was much better and in 3D - this automatically meant FFVII's characters are much more "real" than the previous games' characters. The irony of it all considering this is fantasy. Plus, I found many of FFIV's and FFVI's characters relatable and human. What happened to people like Cecil, Terra and Celes? Are they forgotten since the advent of Cloud and co.?

I always thought the realism he is referring to did play a big part in the popularity of FF (7, 8, 9, 10, 12 being more "life-like" etc) but I can't find accurate FF6 sales anywhere. I found FF6 Japan sales, which were at least on par with any non FF7 game.

I think voice acting can hurt things as much as it can help. With no voice acting you can imagine your character to be a badass or whatever, but adding voices could make it more difficult.

So no, realism isn't the reason. The reason people want any game remade is they feel it has become too outdated for their HD TVs. (not the only reason of course)

And like all of you have said they need to stop talking about this and just say whether or not the game will be remade. All of this has been stirring up both the fanboys and their hater counterparts.

*Clap Clap* Sir, thank you for yet another pointless announcement. I'm not sure if he's trying to stir the masses, but this is starting to feel like a loop. It really seems like he's pulling statements out of his arse now. I'm starting to eyeroll more and more at FF7 remake related news threads now, it's starting to feel like a weekly thing.

FF7 will be remade, eventually, which is fine I guess, but he needs to start packing in this "Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week, maybe not at all" announcement lark, it's really getting old, and people will just stop paying attention to these announcements in the end.

Last edited:
I've always been perplexed by the ability of one person's opinion to alter that of another's.

If something you like is "ruined" by someone else's love/hate for it, what does that say about you?

Doesn't that make you sad? It makes me sad.

Alright, I'm sorry. I don't mean to be a downer here but this is getting REALLY fucking annoying. First they say, there won't be an FFVII remake in the near future. Then you have ANOTHER person saying that they'd like to see the game remade, but then you have two others saying it's not going to happen for a good, long while and now you get shit like this. It's like they're fucking jerking you around. Either they're gonna remake it or they're fucking NOT going to remake it. Granted they'd better give us FFV and VI remakes before they go remaking FFVII. They need to just straight up say they are or AREN'T going to do it and let the damn topic rest. I'm sorry, but this is just getting SERIOUSLY irritating now. I'm sick of seeing news like this. It's like they're deliberately hanging a ball of string in front of a cat's face, dangling it back and forth and then pulling it away. It's bullshit. I don't want the remake, personally. However, to constantly do this to fans and then post shit like this is just mean.

I totally agree 100% :mokken: Why would they keep teasing VII fans-- better yet those that want the remake then saying it's not going to happen and so on. It's really is getting old and quite frankly, I'm tired of it -__-
:ffs:

Like Ry said, there is a difference between looking realistic and actually being realistic. I say that the remake is a little unnecessary considering everything FFVII already has. >.> with all the spin offs etc.
I'm not dawging those that want a remake I just find it a tad annoying and irritating hearing about this on a day to day situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back