Rambo

i thought they stopped making those awful rambo movies when everyone realised sly couldnt talk, let alone act.

but i suppose it might make the americans feel better about iraq, as that was what rambo did for nam.

but to anwswer your qusetion, no i wont go and see rambo

I won't...and to be honest its mainly because Sylvester Stallone cannot act the only good thing he did was Antz and that was just a voice over.

but i suppose it might make the americans feel better about iraq, as that was what rambo did for nam.

The new Rambo movie is not set in Iraq, my apparently ill-informed friend. It isn't bursting with patriotic crap. :rolleyes:

I watched (and enjoyed) the movie not because of the war in Iraq, but because it was a quality action film.

Stallone did a fine job with his role. Considering the role he plays (a man of few words and facial changes), he doesn't need to be a top-notch actor to deliver the performance the movie needs.

Tons of gore. Tons of blood. Tons of explosions. It isn't the plot of the century, but the movie is damn entertaining. I'd recommend watching it at some point.

i didnt say it was set in Iraq

action movies are so generic, sometimes i like action movies, but with proper actors ie arnie, he is much better than sly, i mean have you seen rocky? you can bearly understand what he is saying

i thought they stopped making those awful rambo movies when everyone realised sly couldnt talk, let alone act.

I hope you realize that Sly can talk fine, his mumbling and unintelligible babbling is generally seen in cartoons and such making fun of him.

As for making us feel better about Iraq and Vietnam? Wow, don't you feel special, taking a lameass potshot at America that like. STFU. They're action movies. End of story. I bet you're one of the people running around calling 'Nam vets "baby killers."

Stallone did a fine job with his role. Considering the role he plays (a man of few words and facial changes), he doesn't need to be a top-notch actor to deliver the performance the movie needs.

Tons of gore. Tons of blood. Tons of explosions. It isn't the plot of the century, but the movie is damn entertaining. I'd recommend watching it at some point.

Bingo. It's a badass action film. And the fact that it involves missionaries is just lulz-worthy.

action movies are so generic, sometimes i like action movies, but with proper actors ie arnie, he is much better than sly, i mean have you seen rocky? you can bearly understand what he is saying

Maybe you should get hearing aids, I understood him fine. Stallone may not be able to pull off all kinds of roles like Depp or somebody, but for the types of movies he's in he's excellent.

And Rambo is generic? I'm sorry, but you're wrong. When was the last time you saw an action film this gritty and in your face? Oh wait, you can't answer that, you haven't seen it. It's not brimming with unrealistic situations and car chases and explosions like Die Hard 4 or something. If anything, it serves to bring attention to real-life counterparts of this movie, like the situation in Darfur.

I hope you realize that Sly can talk fine
go watch rocky, he is unintelligelible

As for making us feel better about Iraq and Vietnam? Wow, don't you feel special, taking a lameass potshot at America that like
wow, im not taking a potshot at america, im saying that it was made to make american feel better abou ttheir situation is Iraq, i didnt critisize america in anyway or americans.

I bet you're one of the people running around calling 'Nam vets "baby killers
no im not, im not in born on the 4th of july, i dont go around calling anybody 'baby killers'

but for the types of movies he's in he's excellent.
fine, thats your opinion, imo i think he is an inferior version of arnie, however just because our opinions conflict does not give you justification to tell me to STFU

go watch rocky, he is unintelligelible

I've seen all the Rocky movies and can understand him fine. That's why I told you to get hearing aids.

wow, im not taking a potshot at america, im saying that it was made to make american feel better abou ttheir situation is Iraq, i didnt critisize america in anyway or americans.
I'm only going to say this once more: SHUT UP. You haven't even seen the movie, don't go running around spouting off your bullshit theories and taking potshots at America (that IS what you are doing). It's about a fucking civil war in Burma and portrays how AWFUL those kind of things are. It doesn't glorify Iraq or anything like that. It's not even a patriotic film, it has nothing to do with America or being an American soldier or anything like that. Your bullshit theory fails.

no im not, im not in born on the 4th of july, i dont go around calling anybody 'baby killers'
Being born on the fourth of july doesn't have anything to do with anything. Stop trying to make yourself sound patriotic now.

fine, thats your opinion, imo i think he is an inferior version of arnie, however just because our opinions conflict does not give you justification to tell me to STFU
Ah, that's it. You just don't like Stallone stealing the spotlight away from Schwarzenegger. Arnold and Sly have always been two great action film stars, there's room for them both.

born on the fourth of july is a movie.

I've seen all the Rocky movies and can understand him fine
but seriously rocky 3, ugh that was terrible and he does mumble a lot

I've seen all the Rocky movies and can understand him fine. That's why I told you to get hearing aids.
Lots of my freinds can't hear him correctly. I missed one in about every four words and needed to hit rewind several times. It's just his accent... Nobody's deaf, it's just hard for some people to understand. Your hearing is NOT perfect.

I'm only going to say this once more: SHUT UP. You haven't even seen the movie, don't go running around spouting off your bullshit theories and taking potshots at America (that IS what you are doing). It's about a fucking civil war in Burma and portrays how AWFUL those kind of things are. It doesn't glorify Iraq or anything like that. It's not even a patriotic film, it has nothing to do with America or being an American soldier or anything like that. Your bullshit theory fails.
You don't have to be such an ass, VR. Being an asshole doesn't come across to stupid people very well when you're only repeating the same thing over and over... like the very stupid person you're shouting at.

Being born on the fourth of july doesn't have anything to do with anything. Stop trying to make yourself sound patriotic now.
He was referring to a movie... Though, I hardly see the relevance.

Wtf WERE you talking about, TYK?

Ah, that's it. You just don't like Stallone stealing the spotlight away from Schwarzenegger. Arnold and Sly have always been two great action film stars, there's room for them both.
=\ It's not like they're in the same movie or anything, they're doing entirely different things. Rocky and Rambo are different than Terminator and whatever the fuck that Christmas movie was with Turbo Man the Governator starred in.

Lots of my freinds can't hear him correctly. I missed one in about every four words and needed to hit rewind several times. It's just his accent... Nobody's deaf, it's just hard for some people to understand. Your hearing is NOT perfect.

He doesn't have an accent. The reason he talks the way he does is because when he was a baby, the doctor who pulled him out of the womb fucked up his jaw with the forceps. No, I don't have perfect hearing. But I can understand him easily enough.

You don't have to be such an ass, VR. Being an asshole doesn't come across to stupid people very well when you're only repeating the same thing over and over... like the very stupid person you're shouting at.
No, I don't have to be such an ass. I could have been nice about it. But I'm tired of seeing all these Eurofag attitudes everywhere. "OMG AMERICA IS TEH SUCK AMERICA LIKES WAR OUR COUNTRY IS SO MUCH BETTER!" That's why I hate President Bush, he made this country and its citizens look like retarded warmongers. We're not. Most people here hate the war, actually.

But claiming that the Rambo movies were made to make people feel better about Vietnam and Iraq? Retarded. For one thing, if the original Rambo movies were made for that purpose (which they weren't), they would have been made...oh I dunno...in the 70's and not almost a decade later. If anything though, it showed how horribly the Vietnam vets were treated though. And to make stupid claims about the new one being made to justify Iraq when it has nothing to do with that and he hasn't even seen the damn movie? Stupid.

=\ It's not like they're in the same movie or anything, they're doing entirely different things. Rocky and Rambo are different than Terminator and whatever the fuck that Christmas movie was with Turbo Man the Governator starred in.
Exactly. There's no "superiority" competition between them. Arnold will always be Conan and the Terminator, Sylvester will always be Rocky and Rambo. The only difference is the Rocky movies actually tend to be a little inspirational.

Alright guys, I understand you're only discussing a movie here, but it's only a movie. There's no need to get all worked up over it. Just relax, okay? ^_^

hate to quote myself but i have to
But I'm tired of seeing all these Eurofag attitudes everywhere. "OMG AMERICA IS TEH SUCK AMERICA LIKES WAR OUR COUNTRY IS SO MUCH BETTER!"
i didnt say or insinuate anything like that, i said it might make them feel better about iraq, not " AMERICA R TEH WORST COUNTRY IN TEH WORLD, TEH JUST INVADED IRAQ FOR TEH OIL"
see? there is a difference,
so what i was wrong happens to all of us right?

Wtf WERE you talking about, TYK?
VR inferred that i went around calling 'Nam veterans 'baby killers' they may not say that in said movie but they do treat em like shit, and i was therefore distancing myself from those sentiments that were expressed by the people in the movie.

now once more i would like to reiterate that i am not a 'eurofag' and im not taking a potshot at america

I'll admit Stallone isn't the most articulate person to grace our television screens.

When it comes to a movie such as Rambo, I care more about what he does with hands than I do his mouth.

...hah! Suggestive! Yucky.

Unless he's killing people by tearing out their throats with his mouth. A badass like Stallone could totally do it.

Surprisingly I really enjoyed this movie, I'm not usually into action movies but this one actually did 'action' very well. It reminded me of the action movies I watched as a kid like terminator, predator and of course the original Rambo. It didn't have the best storyline but the action was (dare I say) enough to keep me entertained. There's nothing like a good Rambo film to get the good old testosterone pumpin!

Maybe you should get hearing aids, I understood him fine. Stallone may not be able to pull off all kinds of roles like Depp or somebody, but for the types of movies he's in he's excellent.

totally agree, it's not like Stallone is trying to play a serious, dramatic role he's just doing what he's good at which is action

The perfect summary: think 300 on a smaller scale and with guns. It's about as gory, and slightly less epic. Definitely something I want to watch again.

but seriously rocky 3, ugh that was terrible and he does mumble a lot

i agree with you about that in that movie he talks like this " i do wana do it"

what the hell did he ment by that?

he is better in silent acting like those guys who painted there face with white and wear black and white cloths and act like there pulling a rope or climbing a ladder.

or thay should make him talk like charlie chaplin talk in his movies.

Last edited:
I really liked much ramboo 2 first blood. The first part wasnt spectacular. The later parts 3,4 and 5 were not bad, but the second part i found to be best.

Back