Put it on Shuffle!

Six

𝗦𝗼𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲 *★.• ·
Staff member
Admin Support
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
Put your playlist on shuffle and post the first 5 songs that pop up here. No cheating! You can elaborate as to why it's on your playlist to save face if you're embarrassed but it's also fine if you only post the 5 songs + artists that popped up.

I'll start!
  1. So Contagious - Acceptance
  2. Drama Queen - Milk.
  3. Looking At You - Only The Poets
  4. Liquid Confidence - You Me At Six
  5. End of an Era (Acoustic) - Summer Wars
Pretty predictable :lew:

Sooo this is just my Liked on Spotify playlist so for two of the same band to show up it's rather unlikely I do have all of the Arctic Monkeys albums liked and these are from different albums... Maybe explains it.

Puppy is a Discover Weekly Band, as is Rey Pila. I do love Vampire Weekend, even if they have East Coast USA prep school vibes going on!
  1. D is for dangerous - Arctic Monkeys
  2. Forever - Puppy
  3. Arabella - Arctic Monkeys
  4. No Longer Fun - Rey Pila
  5. A-Punk - Vampire Weekend

This was my iPod earlier. Made note of the first five tracks on shuffle for this thread.
  1. Muse - Blackout
  2. Onuka - Golos
  3. Absurd Minds - Countdown
  4. Morrissey - The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
  5. Fragosiriani (an old Greek song, but the exact version I have is an unnamed artist form a compilation CD I bought in Greece years ago... So this isn't the version I heard but it'll do as the closest to my version I could find)

Not really embarrassed about any of them. Muse and Morrissey being the more mainstream out of the five, but maybe not the tracks most people would remember them for. Onuka is a fascinating Ukranian band which blends electronic music with folk instruments. Absurd Minds is perhaps best described as a band of German philosophers who put their words to electronic music, although this song isn't one of my favourites.

Then do I really have to explain Fragosiriani? Early 20th Century Greece is still Greece. I have a few traditional songs on my iPod.

Reach VIP - Tantrum Desire
Love Don't Give a Fuck - Example
Strangeness and Charm - Florence + The Machine
Cure for Me - AURORA
Hide and Seek - SLUMBERJACK (Duumu Remix)

nrg2Rqy.gif

Snap out of it - Arctic Monkeys
10,000 Emerald Pools - Borns
Moving to New York - The Wombats
When did your heart go missing - Rooney
Fireworks - Beat!Beat!Beat!

Special sixth: Ready To Die - The Notorious BIG

Okay I liked this list I got! I accidentally pressed it twice at the end, hence why I added my sixth! I had done some pruning of my list specifically because I had like 40 Doors songs that I don't actually like on there!

1. Arctic Monkeys are... yeah, they're my favourite band so yeah, this is expected!
  2. Borns (I'm not doing the O thing) is a one song wonder in my playlist - this is pretty unlikely to happen!
  3. The Wombats are great, really solid band
  4. "When did your heart go missing" is absolute belter! Such a bop, I can't help but dance. Rooney are a one hit wonder though.
  5. BEAT!BEAT!BEAT! are one of those Discover Weekly bands I found a single song from!

BIGGIE SMALLS is so good, Ready to Die is an amazing album and speaks volumes.

Another shuffle on the ipod earlier.

1. Depeche Mode - Blasphemous Rumours
  2. Brendan Perry - Medusa
  3. Oingo Boingo - Nothing Bad Ever Happens to Me
  4. Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight
  5. Rob Zombie - Never Gonna Stop (The Red Red Kroovy)
Some of them are tracks from some of my favourite artists (Depeche Mode, Phil Collins, Danny Elfman's band Oingo Boingo, as well as Brendan Perry from Dead Can Dance doing solo stuff). It has been a long while since I listened to any Rob Zombie and I've only ever had a few tracks by him, but it was a pleasant enough surprise to hear this track again when it popped up.

Back