Psychic Octopus Predicts World Cup

Saints&Storms

Don't make the mountain your enemy
Veteran
Gil
The psychic octopus known for his amazingly accurate World Cup predictions has received death threats, the Telegraph reports. Paul, the oracle octopus whose prescient premonitions perfectly predicted the outcome of all six German World Cup games, first generated anger from Argentinian fans who believe his percipient pick doomed Argentina in the quarterfinals.

Paul's keeper in Oberhausen, Germany said "there are always people who want to eat our octopus but he is not shy and we are here to protect him as well. He will survive."

Paul's powers reached a new level on Wednesday, when his bold pick against his current home country proved correct, bringing his World Cup record to a jaw-dropping six for six.

The beautiful and brilliant octopus accurately predicted all four of Germany's victories, as well as their upset loss to Serbia and semifinals defeat at the hands of Spain.

s-PSYCHIC-OCTOPUS-WORLD-CUP-large.jpg

Here he is isn't he awesome? :gasp:

He's so gorgeous and to think those Germans were going to grill him and season him with some garlic and stuff to turn him into this:
447637080_3ac34f3140_o.jpg

They're actually known, octopuses I mean, to be very proficient at puzzle-solving and whatnot. They're the most intelligent cephalopods in the world. :gasp:

Yeah. As much as the spanish love fried octopus, I doubt they'll turn this one into a good dish anytime soon.

The Dоctor;772299 said:
This is seriously old.

Only to those in the loop. :sad2:

This is new news to me.

I'm all in favour of animals like this.

I only heard about Paul yesturday. Apprantly hes been picking winning teams for years or something along those lines. I think hes so damn adorable, hope no one cooks him :(

fancy sending an octopus death threats. Deranged fucking twats

Did he predict both teams would brutalise one another in a contest which was far from compelling to watch?

All he does if I recall is pick a box with the winning country's flag in it :hmmm:

I'd lawl if it was all down to luck :wacky:

Yeah I know I've been following his exploits since the quarter finals :wacky:

It's a box with a muscle inside below either flag. It's a morale thing, I'd go as far to say it swung the game in Spain's favour.

You know people take football too seriously when they send an Octopus death threats :rofl:

I hear they even sent recipes on ways to cook it :hmmm:

This is how Ultros started out. :sad2:

Don't tease the octopus, kids.

Ultros should work as a football winner picker, he'd make more money than he does at the colliseum :hmmm:

Back