Proto Babil is actually a super easy boss

Sasukexbox

Gil
Mako Points
Its just a troll boss is all

Good guide on it. Use Bless and Hide with Edge as Augments. And have him throw Bless then Hide, but Bless wil stop working if dead, so if you are revived, be sure to use it again "And have Edge be low on HP" because he will just return out of Hide automatically if his HP is too high.

But basically. Rydia and Kain with Phoenix augment seems like the easiest way to beat the Divine Judgement spamming, because you need 1MP or something to revive them all with Phoenix.

Its arguable if "Draw Attack" augment is even that useful. But i plan on having it on Cecil, just to give Edge a running start. And having Adamant Armour on Cecil is also useful, because it protects against special magic attack.

Outside that, use Rosa to throw "Slow" on Proto Babil because the less time he uses the better, then throw Haste and Beserk on your party members "assuming you have Omnicasting and Dualcast augment on Rosa" and then go nuts. His Divine Judgement can eat a cake for all i care. Beat the boss and win the game!

Mainly thanks to this video

Last edited:

Sasukexbox

Gil
Mako Points
I officially beat it today. Proof
How to beat it is in the description. Did the impossible. And as suspected. Pure troll boss. Not so much hard as its pure trolling. But once you know what to do. Then its doable. You just have to use lot of planning to get what you need. And its all done!

The boss is easier than it looks, once you have the right augment for the right character. Aswell as high enough level to use Limit Break for either Kain or Cecil