Proof

uhhhh....what's a thiest? is that an athiest or someone who belives in god?

Theist: Belief in the existence of a god or gods, especially belief in a personal God as creator and ruler of the world.

that's what I thought. Ok, so I will post here.

My proof that God exist is that every time I asked him for something(never selfish thing though) it would usually happen. Which is why I belive in him.

Maybe their bad people or their being selfish. I don't knwo about them. This asked for what my proff was. That was my proof.

Maybe their bad people or their being selfish. I don't knwo about them. This asked for what my proff was. That was my proof.

That's quite a biased proof though.

"God is real because he helps me. He doesn't help others? They must have been really bad"

You need to take a more wholistic view, more balanced, justified also.

Well you can't really go on whether God answers your prayers or not. We do not always know what is best for us. Something that we may want with all our hearts might be totally wrong for us, and God might know that and not grant our request not because they are a "bad person".

Well, I can't see what's wrong with asking God to prevent a famine, drought or other natural disaster.

It can never be too much to ask because God is supposedly omnipotent. Anything you ask him can be done by him. If not, then he isn't omnipotent. And asking God to prevent a natural disaster isn't wrong because you want to save people. He's done it in the past anyways, so he can do it now. But for some reason, people who have prayed for him to stop these things don't get it.

You know, saying that it's impossible for God to preform miracles because he doesn't ALWAYS do it is like saying it's impossible for a flipped coin to land on heads because it doesn't ALWAYS land that way.

^No it's not. A flipped coin is entirely unpredictable because it has only basic factors of wind, weight, etc. to affect it. If any of those things were affected the coin would land on a certain side all the time. God, however, isn't affected by "greater things"--he supposedly is the greatest thing. If god is kind why wouldn't he want to do kind things? Isn't preventing a disaster a kind thing? If he dosen't do a kind thing we can only draw two conclusions--either he dosen't have the power to do such a thing or he dosen't care to. If he hasn't the power he isn't omnipotent; if he refuses to he isn't kind.

I don't think it is that simple to say if God does not do a "kind" thing either he doesn't care or that he doesn't have the power. Like I said before, maybe he has an ultimate plan in mind? We as humans don't have the power to see ahead in the future like God can. I don't think we can ever understand why God chooses to let some things happen, but I know that we do have a free will that God will not interfere with. And okay, I know people are going to probably go after me on this idea, but with Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans really was an epicenter of sin and promiscuity and homosexuality, many things of which God has been said to abhor. Remember Sodom and Gomorrah? Just a thought....

Haven't there been accounts of people being saved by God in the bible?

I'm actually referring more to people who are less fortunate and are barely able to get by. Most people who live in third world countries or are born poor don't usually deserve it.

One could also conclude that since not much of this makes sense with the way God is acting (since we assume he exists), then it could be said that he doesn't exist, and there is no explanation as to why good or bad things happen.

well I could do the whole flying speghatti monster theory on sciences' aspect on God. But I won't because I tend to think Richard Dawkins is full of hot air.

To prove God exist, well science states that it cannot neither prove nor disprove the existance of a being outside the physical universe (funny thing though, they admit the existence of "an unseen factor" that is responsible for varying paradoxes).

One other fun fact is that science, though they won't easily admit it is that for their reason to work in the universe, they admit that the universe (regardless of how it was created) is a universe created out of chaos and has become a Universe of order and balance. A very theological idea.

As for the human suffering thought on determining God's existance, remember, it states that God gave human free will. The ability to act in accordance to their own will, which allows humans to believe or not believe in a creator and allows them to cause the suffering of others along with the caring of others. (Not bad for my first post I must say.)

I don't think it is that simple to say if God does not do a "kind" thing either he doesn't care or that he doesn't have the power. Like I said before, maybe he has an ultimate plan in mind? We as humans don't have the power to see ahead in the future like God can.

No, but we as humans must suffer because god refuses to make his way known...if he exists at all. Basically you're saying because we don't know his intentions for allowing harm to happen even though he can stop it we can't discredit him or his existence for it. Interestingly enough, such a powerful being would have a very easy time of making his intentions known yet he fails to do so. I won't go stuff that's not proven. I will go on something I can see, hear, feel, know. God allows suffering. There is no refuting that. Does he do allow it for a greater purpose? I don't know but until it's proven that he does I will draw the conclusion that is most logical.

I don't think we can ever understand why God chooses to let some things happen, but I know that we do have a free will that God will not interfere with.

Incorrect. The power to do anything and the power to know everything overrides free will. If god knows the future then my life is already written and nothing I do can change it.

And okay, I know people are going to probably go after me on this idea, but with Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans really was an epicenter of sin and promiscuity and homosexuality, many things of which God has been said to abhor. Remember Sodom and Gomorrah? Just a thought....

That was an entirely biased and unfair comment. I have a friend that comes from there and he is none of the things you claim him to be. Try to learn things, my dear, before stating them as fact. You have no proof to back up your claim that people in New Orleans deserved a mass murder--don't you realize there were plenty of innocent people there? Or does god just ignore that and go killling at will? That would conicide with everything in the bible come to think of it--the flood after all was another such example of god's inability to deal with things rationally.

I believe in god for reasons... unkown I have no reason it's just one of those things that you just know, sort of like an instinct. I have things like practicing and failing and failing and then when I have to pull it off (the reason I had been practicing) it just happens. I don't know maybe it's just luck, maybe it's random but I like to use it as proof of my god... I really don't want to get into a religious debate, but I have already put myself up to it so go ahead and resist my thesis...

No, but we as humans must suffer because god refuses to make his way known...if he exists at all. Basically you're saying because we don't know his intentions for allowing harm to happen even though he can stop it we can't discredit him or his existence for it. Interestingly enough, such a powerful being would have a very easy time of making his intentions known yet he fails to do so. I won't go stuff that's not proven. I will go on something I can see, hear, feel, know. God allows suffering. There is no refuting that. Does he do allow it for a greater purpose? I don't know but until it's proven that he does I will draw the conclusion that is most logical.

Incorrect. The power to do anything and the power to know everything overrides free will. If god knows the future then my life is already written and nothing I do can change it.
I have a bone to pick with you... How do you know that your life isn't already set and written as if in stone, How do you know that an omnipotent GOD is not able to repredict your new future on a moments notice, after you have changed your future, I forgot the myth but didn't the guy in mythology try to change his future by not killing his father and marrying his mother. He failed, he found some guy on the street who insulted him and he killed this guy it was his father. Then he found this girl at the palace and married her, it was his mother. He ran away to avoid this fate yet it happened anyways...

Back