Playing style...

mbahkerak

ShinRa Guard
Gil
In Final Fantasy III do you prefer to do levelling 1st while properly equiped then continue the story or just levelling by following the game story?

I've been doing the story because i have progressed through the story while having to stop and train in random places to complete each area with ease.

I prefer just doing the story myself, only leveling when I really need to (And even then, that was only for Garuda)

Like Jordz i do the story then stop for a while at each dungeon and go back and forth till i can complete it with ease....what i do for every ff

I prefer to just level up as I follow the game story. For instance, if I'm battling against foes and have a hard time with them, that means I need to level up a few more levels before I face the bosses.

I find that it's easier that way so that I can quickly acquire the fourth set of jobs and concentrate on leveling up the particular jobs that I so desire.

I rarely train outside in the world map. It's usually in caves or when acquiring crystals.

I try to follow the story & level as I go but I get lost alot so that helps with my levelling up - & I also get side tracked by exploring so I often seem to be a level or so higher than I need to be which helps a little bit

Altho right now Im trying to do a little levelling as I got my arse kicked in the world of darkness & I seem to be underlevelled again

I just went through the story, and then leveled before the end.

At first I'm leveling up on the World Map and in Caves to make sure I don't get my ass handed to me by surprise.

I usually don't like to spend a ton of time leveling up right away though because I get so eager to dive into the story and progress through it. So mainly I just hit up the story, but I do spend a good amount of time leveling up my characters.

I usually just progress through the story until I get to a Dungeon or an area on the world map were the enemies are pretty tough.

I tend to play as normal, stopping every now and then for maybe 30-60 mins of training. I don't really use the difficulty of the enemies nearby as a guage, I just train until I'm bored if I'm not training for any specific purpose.

I trained evenly throughout the whole game until I beat the Cave of Shadows, then I leveled up in Bahamut's Lair for a while until I reached around 60, then off to the Crystal Tower. The Cloud of Darkness was extremely easy.

At first I'm leveling up on the World Map and in Caves to make sure I don't get my ass handed to me by surprise.

Indeed, Im doing this aswell. Although it annoys me that your characters are low level when they join your party. That annoyed me.

i just followed the story, but the dark world really is full of darn strong monsters. ATM I'm trying to level to get strong enough (level 65 or so) to kill the cloud of darkness

My characters are all level 38 at the moment, and I've just obtained The Invincible, so I guess I level up as I go, using the monsters in caves and dungeons mostly.

I like to follow the story also. When i come across a boss that im struggling with then il train a wee bit and proceed to wipe the floor with him. Problem is i get bored really quickly when levelling, and usually the computer gets turned off soon after. So thats why i usually just go through the story.

I've had no probs with bosses so far. Probably because I've only faced about 2, but I focus so much more on attacking with brute strength than trying to defend myself at all. I attack with my 3 strongest, and leave my weakest hitter to heal for his/her turns.

Back