Help Physical copy install stuck at 90%

cajungamer

Gil
Hello I rented a physical copy of FF7 remake and I got through the first chapter of the game fine but when I tried to play the second chapter I got a message saying the game needed to finish installing and it got all the way to 90% but after leaving it on at the load game screen for over 2 hours it's still at 90% so i'm wondering if anyone else who has a physical copy has encountered this problem and has a fix?

If it helps i have a U.S. version on a launch PS4.

On the load game screen, as in the PS dashboard? Or the actual in-game menu? If the former, maybe just quit out of the application and see if anything changes, or deleting and installing again

On the load game screen, as in the PS dashboard? Or the actual in-game menu? If the former, maybe just quit out of the application and see if anything changes, or deleting and installing again

By load screen I mean the title screen where you load the chapter 2 autosave.

I've added 'Help' tags to aid the visibility of this thread.

This might seem like a silly question but does your rental copy have the install disc too? There should be two discs: the install disc and the game disc. I’d imagine you do have both, but I guess it is possible that chapter 1 (which was also the demo) could have been loaded in via the game disc rather than the install disc, and therefore it might have let you play it before loading in the rest of the game.

Other than that, I'm not sure.

If everything on the install disc has been fully pre-loaded before playing the game then I'm not sure what could have gone wrong. Have you any other save files? If the worst happens then it might be worth restarting completely. It'll be a temporary pain, but chapter 1 could only take an hour so it isn't as bad as having to restart from, say, chapter 14 or something like that.

Back