Anime Persona 4 Anime

Contra Fates

Jill of All Trades
Veteran
Gil
If you couldn't tell by my avatar of me cosplaying Mitsuru from Persona 3...I'm a big fan of the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series.

Turns out Aniplex is making an anime for Persona 4! Definitely looking forward to it:

http://www.p4a.jp/

Just thought I'd announce it, see what other Persona fans were around here. =)

Reactions: Kei
:hmmm:

I was to believe that there was already a Persona Anime? :gasp:

Unless that was of a different Persona game. :hmmm:. anywhoo, I'll definitely check this out, and I say it works best since Persona in general has cutscenes in an anime fashion. :andry:

:hmmm:

I was to believe that there was already a Persona Anime? :gasp:

Unless that was of a different Persona game. :hmmm:. anywhoo, I'll definitely check this out, and I say it works best since Persona in general has cutscenes in an anime fashion. :andry:

There was a Persona anime called 'Trinity Soul,' but it wasn't a direct adaptation of the games.

This is going to be an actual Persona 4 anime, based on the game itself.

I thought the same thing, haha. They've got plenty of source material to work with.

Hmmm I haven't played Person 4 yet. Haven't even found a copy yet, though one of the gamestops is supposed to have it. Since I liked the third one enough this sounds interesting so I can't wait till it comes out. Watching the anime though will make me want the game more.

Hmmm I haven't played Person 4 yet. Haven't even found a copy yet, though one of the gamestops is supposed to have it. Since I liked the third one enough this sounds interesting so I can't wait till it comes out. Watching the anime though will make me want the game more.

I actually enjoyed Persona 4 more than Persona 3, so I'd recommend getting that game asap! It took a lot of the things I didn't like about Persona 3 and fixed them. Plus, I found the characters more likable in Persona 4 - despite enjoying the character designs more in Persona 3.

Persona 4 is amazing.

I'll be sure to watch this Anime, it'll be interesting to see how they adapt it into it. Given the scope of the game, I know they'll probably leave some things out, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I actually enjoyed Persona 4 more than Persona 3, so I'd recommend getting that game asap! It took a lot of the things I didn't like about Persona 3 and fixed them. Plus, I found the characters more likable in Persona 4 - despite enjoying the character designs more in Persona 3.

Well if I can find it I will be buying it. I get like this with a lot of my games. If I like one of the series and there's more I always try and get the rest, even if one(not saying any persona is as of yet) or two are crappy. I just like having them for collection purposes.

I wonder if it's actually going to screen the entire story of the game or if it's just going to be another OVA like the "Tales of" OVAs.

great game though

before you know it we'll all be singing everydays great at your junes with nana-chan :elmo:

Persona 4 is amazing.

I'll be sure to watch this Anime, it'll be interesting to see how they adapt it into it. Given the scope of the game, I know they'll probably leave some things out, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I'm interested to see how they do it as well. I imagine it's going to be an OVA, not a series - but I think they have just enough material as to not have to skimp out on anything important.

Well if I can find it I will be buying it. I get like this with a lot of my games. If I like one of the series and there's more I always try and get the rest, even if one(not saying any persona is as of yet) or two are crappy. I just like having them for collection purposes.

Why not look for it online? I've sort of given up trying to find the games I want at my local Gamestop...though I did get very lucky in finding Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne for ten bucks one time. xD

I wonder if it's actually going to screen the entire story of the game or if it's just going to be another OVA like the "Tales of" OVAs.

great game though

before you know it we'll all be singing everydays great at your junes with nana-chan :elmo:

I think it may screen the story for the most part, but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

Haha, I never quite understood how she could get so excited about what was basically the Japanese Walmart. xD

Yes I am waiting to find this out as well before I get my hopes up. As awesome as this would be to watch, if it turns out to be an OVA with 80% of the actual story cut out I doubt I probably won't even bother. If it turns out to be a decent amount of episodes, at least 20 should work without rushing it, then I'll probably watch it. Long story short if it turns out like Tales of the Abyss then I'll check it out. :neomon:

Persona 4 is one of my top ten games of all time. I enjoyed the hell out of it, but I hardly think this anime is going to be targeted to people like myself. I think this is for people who haven't played the game. The story is pretty damn good for a JRPG, and I'm glad they're sticking to it and not resorting to a forced continuation of the story. That being said, I think it's targeted towards people who haven't played the games to build up a wider fanbase. Which I'm all for, by all means. I just think there was an elevated charm to the way the story was told in P4 i.e the simplistic character sprites in a video game world.

I think stories are better told in the form they were written in. You see this in Lord of The Rings (Novel) You see this in Watchmen (comic books) so like you said, they're bound to take out a few things. Besides, playing in those dungeons that represent the characters repressed psyche, that's a feeling that's exclusive to the game. I highly doubt they could replicate that with equal effectiveness. There's something more intimate when you're actually controlling the character, talking to who you want to when you want to, and the fact that the character doesn't have a voice or a name (at least in the American version) makes it all the more easier for the player to proxy themselves through him. Point is, games give a unique experience that cannot be replicated and that goes for all other mediums. But hey, like I said, if this will get more people interested in playing the games, then it has my support.

Last edited:
Ah this piece of news makes me happy ^_^ I really enjoyed P4 and over the summer I'll probably end up picking it up yet again. :3 I'm interested to see what they'll do with this...

Ive only played Persona 3 (portable) and of course theirs an anime of it, havent played 4? But Im sure it would be good even though their using cards. Back to the topic since my knowledge only goes as far as P3 the history of it looks like something I could be into it, I would give it a shot if I see the anime somewhere around.

Hey guys, look what I found:

This is another official trailer, with the opening theme of the anime, 'sky's the limit'. Seems promising and...

...dammit Nanako, where does she all that mind-blowing amount of CUTE!?

*bounces around like an idiot* I can't wait for this ^_______^ I hope someone subs it.

One word can describe this.......AWESOMEEEEE!!

I didn't even know about this I'd be psyched to watch a persona Anime looks soo much like the game D:

I have yet to play P4 since with my luck its on the PS3 which I don't have atm but if it is on the PS3 it'll be on my list of things to get.

I hope you guys keep us up to date =o! I don't wanna forget about this!!

Persona 4 is on the PS2 and is being ported to the PS Vita. Persona 5 is what will be on the PS3 when/if it comes out. I have to buy it soon, but I'm still playing Persona 3 after a whole year of slacking.

Yeah, you should probably play the game first :hmmm: I'm watching an anime for a game I recently beat, and it's quite great, but there are a few things missing from it. And the characters are drawn differently. Persona 4 shouldn't be too expensive if you're in the US; 20 dollars used and 30 new.

Fri, Sep 30, 2011 | 14:43 BST
loading.gif
[FONT=6c378504e487cbc710612e60#ac0e00]Add to My News[/FONT]
Persona 4 anime hits Blu-ray, DVD in US next year

Sentai Filmworks has announced it’s bringing over the anime series of Persona 4 from Japan to the US, with Blu-ray and DVD releases happening next year. The series, which consists of 25 episodes, will go out digitally “through many outlets” soon. Going by this, the Vita version of P4 itself and the upcoming fighter from Arc System Works, 2012′s going to be pretty good for P4 fans.
[Image]

1 Posted in: Atlus, RPG
Tags: persona 4, Persona 4 Anime, Sentai Filmworks

Back