Tech PC vs Mac

PC or Mac

• Total voters

rowe

Eternally Begrudged
Veteran
Gil
For you hardcare computer geeks: which do you prefer, and why?

Personally, I don't care. I use both; a Mac specifically for work and school, and a PC for about everything else (for The Sims 3 right now :lew: ). But yes, they both have their pros and cons.

Let's hear it.

I don't care either way. I've used both and both work fine for what I have used them for (browsing, graphics, etc). I don't currently own a Mac though. They're too damn expensive.

I've not personally used a Mac, but I believe (beyond specific usage requirements like gaming / graphic & movie design) Macs are superior as laptops while PCs are superior as desktops.

MacBook Pros are really well built with awesome battery life, whereas on a desktop where you can build your own PC you are going to get overcharged to the Andromeda galaxy if you decide to go Mac.

Macs are superior as laptops while PCs are superior as desktops.
I second this one. My Macbook Pro is absolutely amazing for the work I do.

The PC runs games much, much better, though. I think that could generally be said about desktops (over laptops), but I've seen a few laptops do pretty well with games.

I've never used a Mac either(well, except for the odd messaround in PC stores). Never had much of an interest for a Mac though(If I'd began my computing life on a Mac, it'd probably be the opposite). They seem overpriced, but I'd prefer to try one out before standing by that conclusions.

I use PCs in Uni, running Windows or Ubuntu.

They seemed to have gone down the path where the Business students use the mac labs, and we(CS department) use PCs. Many of my lecturers have a never-ending distaste for Macs though.

I would like to try out a Chromebook sometimes. Anyone have/had one?

Back