Paid NieR Download Content Set for May

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogling

yaoi master ari
Veteran
Gil
Famitsu.com reports today that Square Enix will be releasing paid download content for NieR Replicant and NieR Gestalt some time this month.
The site does not provide specifics, only stating that the content will include a special stage offering continuous battles, and items that can be used even in the main part of the game.

For pricing and release date information, the site says to turn to the next issue of the print Famitsu, which is due for release on the 13th. This presumably means Square Enix will formally announce the DLC late next week.

Source: Andriasang

Special stage and new items to use.....I suppose that's rather reasonable as DLC. I'm generally opposed to the thought of developers deliberately cutting content from the original releases just to shove it out of the front door later as downloadable content. As long as this doesn't become the norm with everyone, I'm not too bothered about it.

I kind of want to get NieR now. I know I originally said it probably looks a bit mediocre and such, but after reading quite a bit about it, it doesn't sound too bad at all. I'll probably wait until it's cheaper and probably when I turn 18 or something if I'm going to personally get it. xD

Excellent! That "Downloadable Content" option at the bottom of the start menu has been nagging at my curiousity, its good to see they're not going to take forever about releasing stuff...hopefully they won't just stop at one pack, either. I'm enjoying this game so much right now I'll quite happily buy anything they put up if its going to enhance the experience...a non-stop battle arena sounds like an interesting challenge, especially if they punctuate the waves of enemies with the odd boss battle...

However, I hope these "items" aren't ridiculously overpowered, and that they aren't just swords and the like...maybe something that changes character costumes? I'd kind of like to see Kaine in black, or cosplay. Or something that turns old Nier into young Nier...I'm still holding out for the cameos, as well.

I'd hope that cost is going to be proportional to value, as well. For DLC, it normally is, but...well, having a stupidly high price would really sour it. They've done a great job with this game, they shouldn't ruin it with expensive DLC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back