one thing i dont like...

Edward Elric

Chaotic
Veteran
Gil
i dont like when you get sucked into the sorceress' world on the 4th disc and everythings sealed off. i HATE it actaully. somebody has to agree with me..

What part exactly do you hate?

Me? I hated everything about it except for the location, which was perfectly fitting. I mean come on, a castle.
Can't say I liked the monsters in it though....:dry:

I hated the fact that most of your abilities were taken away. I ran along towards the tower or something and fought that dragon and got killed 'cause I only had attack on my abilities list.
It sucked.

And the final battle also sucked.
3-4 different bosses? I think not!
I died about 20 times fighting those things!

Of course, I was only unprepared.

Preach on brother! Some guy I traded Final Fantasy VIII with lost my disc one. I was thinking ''That prick, well, at least I have my complete data so I can play the card minigame.'' Little did I know, I was in the sorceress' world that you're referring to. Now I have a useless three-disc Final Fantasy VIII, because I can't leave that world, or start a new game.

Umm... You can play cards in the Sorceress' world. You get Ragnarok back, and you can play against Joker. But he's the only person you can play against, which is a bummer.

Finding the Ragnarok in the Scoreceress' world was a pain in the ass, but it's in the Cactaur desert. It's a simple observation, really. Go out of the portal that goes to the basic area of the centra ruins, look across to the other continent, and you can see Ragnarok. But to get it, you have to find the chocobo forest in the portal that leads to the island that's one giant forest. Chocobos can walk on some water, so just keep heading closer to the location of the Ragnarok. It'll be easily found.

haha yeah i hated this sorceress world...i was soo pissed cause i didnt think i was gonna be able to get lionheart..but no worries i figured everything out

The only thing that I could say I liked about this was the training value.
Uber powerful monsters always equals good exp.

Mm Hmm.... ^_^
Phew....got out and into my post 667

I though it was kinda cool. I mean, with GF Tonberry "Call Shop" ability and the CC Group aboard the Ragnarok, I really didn't need to go to Cities on Disk 4...

I think you'l find that even the biggest FFVIII fan hates that part of the game. That includes me! I think the game is great but that last section doesn't do justice to the rest of the game.

I don´t really care about the fact that the cities are sealed...i think Ultimecia castle makes up for it as i just love that part of the game!

Yeah the 4 battles at the end are very easy but still they´re fun and the music is great and makes me hyper!:)

the only thing i was displeased with was the damn monsters that used death!!!!!!! that sucked i loved the rest of the castle though my friend laughed at the fact that there was a "wierd tiger thingy" in a castle

Although it is quite irritating if you realized that you forgot to do something before the time warp, it really is your own fault. I suggest you save the game on two files, one right before you go into time compression and one after. That way, if you did forget something, just go back on the another file and play through it rather than start the game all over. It really isn't a big deal, you just need to know what your doing and be fully prepared for Ultimecia's Castle.

i never really had a problem with it, But i had another file, Im the kind of player who saves on every single file, just to be sure i can reload old save files. So everything being locked off really never bothered me

Just make two save slots, one on disk three when you can free roam and one on disk 4 when you cant.

I think it would have been better if they still let you go into shops though..

you see the thing with that is that i only played the game through once so i didnt know everything would be sealed off in the sorceress world, therefore i didnt save 2 files. a few days after i got SO pissed that i couldnt get into shops i let my friend borrow and he of course lost my disc one, so i didnt get a chance to play it again. :mad: i REALLy gotta invest in a new copy. :)

Last edited:
I didn't really care.
I took care of EVERYTHING before leaving Disk 3

I hated the fact that all your commands are taken away, but that was fine cause I always make sure my lvl's are high before going and that I had everyone's ultimate weapons.

I always thought that the towns had already been taken by Ultimecia, so most of the inhabitants were killed or something and thats was the reason for the barriers. Meh i'm probaly wrong though.

Last edited:
I really disliked that the towns and cities were blocked off. Unbelievable. I mean I know it's the future, but...they could have just wiped them off of the map instead of taunting us with them. =\

Meh, I can see it being annoying, but it did follow the games storyline with the Time Compression issue and all. Also, It didn't really matter to me at that point in the game since my GF's had the Call Shop & Junk Shop learned. After that, I really had no reason to go into any of the towns anyway.

However, I can see it being annoying when your like me and you want to take a break from the storyline by exploring, especially in the towns.

I liked that all of them were blocked off.
It made the feel of the game more gloomy before the grand finale.

Back