One damsel NA will, one NA won’t be saving in NieR

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogling

yaoi master ari
Veteran
Gil
New NieR scans show the two damsels in distress that the different versions feature. The 360’s NieR Gestalt features an older man trying to save his daughter, while the PS3’s NieR Replicant centers around a young man looking out for his little sister. However, as must be perpetually repeated, the PS3 title that North America gets will actually be a port of the 360 version. Who’s on first? NieR is.

2nja74h.jpg

29d8ozl.jpg

nvwlqx.jpg

Third scan, girl on the right is the one in the Japan-only version. “Sorry, North America, but our princess is in another castle…’s version of this game.”

Source: RPG Land

The more I hear and see about this game the little more excited about it I get. So basically is that going to be the general quest of the game or just a little side bar of it? I think that it is cool that they decided to make the 360 and PS3 versions completely different.

I think that it is cool that they decided to make the 360 and PS3 versions completely different.
What's interesting is that it's only different for Japan though. The two versions in North America will be the same.
According to the comments at N4G, it's gonna cost a few sales.
(I refer to http://www.n4g.com/NewsPendingCom-479921.aspx where this story was combed from. You need a membership to view it while pending.)

The second guy says, "Scratching this one off my list. I preferred the main characters design from the PS3 version, so oh well. And I was looking forward to this one. But I did not like that big guys design."

I wonder why the 360 and PS3 are different. :hmmm: in the sense of the old man looking for his daughter in the 360 and PS3 a younger man looking out for his sister. Though this game does look quite interesting so I can't wait for more :monster:

Im figuring there will be some type of love story between the brother and sister, and that would get torn apart outside of Japan. Thats why I think it will stay there. But I agree that the character design of the PS3 one looks much better.

I dont like the way the main character in Gestalt looks.

The second guy says, "Scratching this one off my list. I preferred the main characters design from the PS3 version, so oh well. And I was looking forward to this one. But I did not like that big guys design."
Whilst I don't think I'll be getting Nier anyway, I completely agree with him. I much prefer the design of the PS3 main character in Japan. It sort of feels like we're being judged into liking a "meathead" character design. All being said, I'd prefer to save the daughter, it makes more of a serious storyline.

You know, I've often said how I preferred the pretty boy hero in the Japanese version but comparing both Replicant and Gestalt heroes, I realize now that it's not so much that I liked the Replicant Hero...I just really dislike the Gestalt hero design. I mean, I'm not against mature male characters (Auron is pretty awesome O.O) but I can't help but cringe at how...mainly Gestalt Nier is xD

And about the possible brother/sister romance angle in Replicant, I don't think that's what it is personally. Rediculously fanservicey scenes maybe (with her outfit, what isn't fanservice? xD), but I don't think there would be a canon romance between a brother and sister.

If they were cousins, than I could kind of see romance - from my understanding, relations with your cousins isn't illegal in Japan, and we've seen video games get brought over that implied romance between cousins a couple of times *shrugs*

But yeah, I'm still pouty >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back