oh for the love of crap... (FFX bad moments topic)

Eliskor

Gil
So I was training in Home, trying to get Lu her Ga spells. And in a fight it was a Guado with 2 of those bat things. Well, the bats attacked and confused Rikku. Then another confuses Auron. I get a turn and attack. Then its one of the bats' turns again. Aims at the only non-confused party member and confuses him (Kimahri). Needless to say, with all 3 confused it was just ugly. Pure, pure ugliness.

Auron killed Rikku and Kimahri and then proceeded to suicide.

...wtf...

yeah share your bad moments

That's unlucky, usually an attack is a good thing when your confused as it get's you out it.

I've had near enough the same but with the monsters that inflict Stone or Stop status on you, I've also gone to scan an enemy to find out he has about 12 HP left and then the next attack it kills you... bad times :lew:

I have never had a bad experience on this game coz Im that good!

If you believe that then Im............a fecken liar, Anyway I had a similar thing happen to me but I had hastega active so it went in slow motion.............another good one is when I was first exploring the Omega Ruins I had shit all knowledge about status defense and such, however I did have First Strike active so at least if an enemy got the jump on me II could use FLEE and get the !@@# outta there.

So long story short I missed the FLEE command in the menu was crippled by Bad breath and that was that........so really my fault:rage:!!!!!!

Confusion in this game seems to be really bad. Whereas in other FF games it's easy to snap a teammate out of it, in here if you try they often dodge an ally attack and then hit and kill unaffected members. Grrr!

I mentioned this in the embarrassing moments thread in FF general discussion, but I'll mention it here too. Fight with Yunalesca's 3rd form (my first try). I have Tidus, Auron and Rikku. Auron in a zombie state in case she casts Megadeath. Tidus had auto-med so I could keep at least 1 character non-zombie. And so here it comes - she casts Mind Blast. Tidus goes confused and kills Rikku. Yunalesca then does Hellbiter and Tidus is back to normal (not zombie though due to auto-med), so I use him to try and Phoenix down on Rikku, but due to a bad camera angle I miss and use it on Auron. UGH! Auron goes KO. Due to haste effect I have another go as Tidus. I bring Auron back with a Phoenix down, but now no character is in zombie state, so what does Yunalesca decide to cast? Megadeath! And we die!

And now I am a bit annoyed with something else. I can't get Magus sisters because I need to have Anima beforehand. I missed Destruction sphere treasures in first 3 temples. But I can't go back to Besaid because damned Dark Valefor is there and he is impossible. Now I can get neither Anima nor Magus sisters. Great! If I had enough power to defeat Dark Valefor I wouldn't need to get those two aeons at all!

I had a really bad moment when I was training at the arena I had just finished putting up the stat's with Tidus, Wakka and Auron so I decided to put Yuna's stats up everything was going great and I had Yuna nearly done so I decided to have one more fight so I picked out a monster that was easy to defeat but the one I picked out would keep attacking if there was only one person or an aeon left on the field and not let you have a go. The battle was going great then something distracted me and I summoned Bahamut which was a really bad mistake after grinding for three hour's trying to get yuna's stats up this stupid monster was taking 30hp off of my Bahamut which had over 30000hp and the worse thing is I didn't save the game for ages so I had to sit and wait till Bahamut was dead and what makes it worse is that I only hit him once after that and he was dead.

Ya defintly that malboro in the omaga ruins.. Spent hours of training and then the sob bad breathed me and long story short I got a game over didn't save and had to redo it ALL..

Ya defintly that malboro in the omaga ruins.. Spent hours of training and then the sob bad breathed me and long story short I got a game over didn't save and had to redo it ALL..

same thing happend to me last week; ughh soo frustrating i was able to re do it pretty quick though; i was in the omega ruins and i was drinking Dr. pepper all night so being tired wasnt an issue

Seymour 3.... I god-damned hate Seymour 3... Mainly because I felt like such a dope when I finally did it... This is why I hate Seymour!

Hmm, bad moments....

Well, there was my first enounter with a malboro in the Cavern of the forgotten Fayth. I was like, a step away from the same point and i just HAd to get an encounter, didnt i?

The encounter was a malboro, and what was worse? I got Ambushed.
Malboro + Ambush = Instant Bad breath.

My party went down in a sea of confusion and poison.

There was also Seymour Flux in Gagazet. Don't you just hate his Crit rate? The battle started out ok. I got a few hits into him, then he used Lance of Atrophy or whatever it is on my only reliable healer (Yuna). THEN, he instantly used Full-Life on her, which effectively killed her.
I immediately ressed her with a Phoenix Down, but then it was his turn again and he decided to own me with that 2 sword attack that hammers everyone in your party. and it was a critical hit so theres 9999 damage to everyone.

^Was that 9999 damage with protective magic effects on them? And also how much experience grinding did you do throughout the game?

I hope is just with me, but thinking about sidequest on FFX, I've a lot of bad moments. Starting with training in those dark caverns for hours (fighting Malboros omfg), I feel like being traumatized. Also fighting the Dark Aeons (they're so horribly creepy) and the chance of winning a battle being so low. Other things like being persecuted by Bevele’s crew and also by the subtle monstrosity that Seymour possesses really traumatized me a lot!

The game has so many good emotions, but I kinda feel it would be a great TerrorRPG without the good story behind.

^Was that 9999 damage with protective magic effects on them? And also how much experience grinding did you do throughout the game?

If you're referring to running around in circles for hours gaining sphere lvls, i didn't do any, i was going through my first playthrough to re familiarise myself with where everything is.

And i didn't have any support magic cast on any of my party members if that's what you're asking.

That 2 sword attack was a critical hit so i'm assuming it would have hit for 9999 even if i had protect casted on my party.

Yeah the same thing happened to me at home. Thats why after the first time i usually had an overdrive to take out the bats/flying eyeballs. Well, bad moment for me, when i failed the chocobo race for the four billionth time in a row i yanked my controller out and threw it out the window. Nice dent and gash in moms new car.

Also before i figured out how to beat Seymour flux, i would get him down to like 1000 hp and then he would drop that nuke attack on me and auron would survive. But once he did that attack and i used a megapheonix and then he used the attack again during his next turn.

Airship fight going to Bevelle; The Evrae fight, I hated fighting this things he stones you so many times, sometimes before you even have enough time ti un-stone you party mates.

You use Tidus's limit, what happens? He's moving back away and you lose your turn!

You use a Remedy on a stoned member, what happens? They get slashed and kill by the Evrae!

This fight lasted days :brooding:

Back