Official FF8 Griever necklace?

Firstly, thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

The first link you provided, I saw a week or so ago- it isn't official and also the bottom is always bent unfortunately (there's a whole blog post on the net about this product, slamming it's workmanship compared to the original), I was considering buying it but at that price I would rather try and find an original even if it meant paying more.

The second link I have also seen, it's a fine piece but that's the alternate version of the Griever chain unfortunately.

This thing is going to be nearly impossible to find :(. I really want it though, REALLY want it.

Alas both are unfortunately the newer style of the necklace- it's the official version of Squall's in-game one which I am after. It's gonna cost even more than those too!

Thank you very much for searching though, it's really been annoying me, I think this is the only time where I have not been able to find something on the internet :(.

......I've searched and I don't think you'll find it,unless someone coincidentally wants to sell it on ebay after all these years, it really is a rare thing you're looking for. Sorry man :sad3:,you're best off with the alternative or replica.

But if you dying for the official one, I'd reccomend searching some Japanese sites,you're more likely to come across it.

I didn't know they only made 10000 :0 I have the official square necklace, how much would it go for?

Unsure, they are not overly inflated in price when you do manage to catch them online. Do you have a price you may be looking to sell for?

nevermind I don't have the silver one from square just the regular sleeping lion heart from square

Last edited:
Wow! The dedication to have an exact replica is very admirable and one I can even sympathize with as being a cosplayer myself. I must ask, is this for cosplay?

Either way, the best way to go about this if you cannot find one is to go to someone who specializes in chainmail and the like. Again this is only if you cannot find the official replica you want. I say get someone to make it for you so you won't have to downgrade to the standard $10 griever pendant that looks so mass produced. Personally I use Jareth Valentine from Jacksonville, FL. His work is exquisite. I really do hope and wish you luck on finding the official necklace though, I just know from experience that finding said items are near impossible.

Wow! The dedication to have an exact replica is very admirable and one I can even sympathize with as being a cosplayer myself. I must ask, is this for cosplay?

Either way, the best way to go about this if you cannot find one is to go to someone who specializes in chainmail and the like. Again this is only if you cannot find the official replica you want. I say get someone to make it for you so you won't have to downgrade to the standard $10 griever pendant that looks so mass produced. Personally I use Jareth Valentine from Jacksonville, FL. His work is exquisite. I really do hope and wish you luck on finding the official necklace though, I just know from experience that finding said items are near impossible.

Bit later getting back to you but thank you for the reply!

Still had no luck. It's not for cos play, it just means a lot to me and I identify myself with it. I'll maybe look into your suggestion though!

Back