Nomura Clarifies What Versus Footage is Real-Time or Not [ 9/10 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

王 Yoshida

King Of Asians
Gil
There’s been enough debate among fans whether some of the footage in yesterdays Final Fantasy Versus XIII TGS trailer is real-time or pre-rendered, to warrant Nomura weighing in to clarify what’s going on. The debate centres around whether the opening cinematic in the Versus section of the trailer is in-game or pre-rendered footage. On the 3rd Birthday Twitter, Nomura says that this scene with Noctis is indeed pre-rendered but the rest of the trailer is completely in-game. Nomura also says that the desert Noctis is running around would probably be best to travel around via a car unless the player chose not to do so.

The part of his Tweet I’m most interested in though is the last. He confirms that the Behemoth fight at the end of the trailer has been slowed down. Nomura says this is because Noctis is so fast that the viewer wouldn’t be able to see him clearly. It’s a big sigh of relief but it does make me question why they even chose to do this in the first place. I’m sure most of us would have preferred to see him fight at normal speed.

Source: 3rd_birthday Twitter

Not being able to see him because he's too fast? Are square enix idiots? I'd assume it's common knowledge that you'd want to see your hero kicking ass in battle and not just a quick blur. I swear all it's came down to these days is perfecting the graphics and then for everything else a retardation switch flicks in their brains and they ruin everything else. I honestly think the fabulous nova crystalis will be the final Final Fantasy games created. Well until they succeed with the final one and make another series called "Final Final Fantasy" =/

Well its obvious the opening cinematic is pre rendered. it looked too spectacular to be ingame.. or something like tht..

I think its freeking awesome being able to drive that awesome Audi type car xD or mercedes type..hell I dont know..

I hope Noctis isnt too fast in game...that would be too hectic chaotic and blurry...but it might be impressive as well. Imagine those moves we saw in the trailer are just the basics... wow I cant help but wonder how the magic system would be and his 13 types of weapons switch etc..

I look forward to this game/ Hope it doesnt suck ass when the time comes.

Not being able to see him because he's too fast? Are square enix idiots? I'd assume it's common knowledge that you'd want to see your hero kicking ass in battle and not just a quick blur.

Ehhh, I'm pretty sure Noctis (and maybe co) isn't going to be a literal blur, but the gameplay might be pretty fast if it's gonna be somewhat button-smashin' like Kingdom Hearts. Guess they just want people to check out the details in battle they might not properly appreciate in real-time or something :hmmm:

Also, I wasn't aware there was any debate going on about footage. It seemed pretty straightforward to me :wacky:

OH! We get to drive a car now? Mmm... So I get to experience a Need for Speed or Gran Turismo type gameplay in this? Wow. Now I'm excited. That first thing we saw was definetly pre rendered. You could tell, it has absolutely no jagged edges like the actual realtime graphics. What surprises me is that the behemoth fight was slowed down... It looks normal speed and if it was REALLY slowed down the fight must go lightning fast. This game does look exciting though.

I thought it was pretty straightforward what was real-time and what wasn't. The beginning with a close-up of Noctis certainly wasn't and it was obvious that the rest was going to be real-time, including the Behemoth fight which as said before, was stripped of the screen clutter and menu commands to get a better view of the action.

I honestly think the fabulous nova crystalis will be the final Final Fantasy games created. Well until they succeed with the final one and make another series called "Final Final Fantasy" =/

Not really, and there's no point of a "Final Final Fantasy" rename at all. It's still selling phenomenally well despite the love-hate reception to FFXIII, and the spin-offs are still going to be as popular. As long as the games sell (and they will, particularly in Japan), Final Fantasy will carry on for now.

Not really, and there's no point of a "Final Final Fantasy" rename at all.

That was more of a joke seeing how the first time Square were going to cease creating games they made their last fantasy game and called it Final Fantasy, the Final meaning it's their last one, but that did exceptionally well and they carried on with the Final Fantasy series as we're all aware. I'm just joking that the same could happen again, their final Final Fantasy game could spur another series. ;)

OH! We get to drive a car now? Mmm... So I get to experience a Need for Speed or Gran Turismo type gameplay in this?

I'm thinking it might just be like driving in FF8, no real driving simulation like in the racing games just a simple 4 wheels from point A to B, maybe similar to GTA at the most, but that's just speculation so far.

I would cry if they made a Final Final Fantasy game. I'd have nothing to look forward to... then in 2030 once the PS5 and Xbox 1440 comes out, everyone will want a Final Fantasy XV remake with updated graphics and technology and etc.

then in 2030 once the PS5 and Xbox 1440 comes out, everyone will want a Final Fantasy XV

FFXIII was announced 4 years ago, was extremely mediocre, and Square Enix's studio has been plagued with bullshit artists for FF who take longer to make a game than it does for me to get laid.

lets not forget crisis core either

sure, it tied up some loose ends in the story of FFVII and was rewarding to players of the original game, but it also took 4 years to make and you could beat it in less than 20 hours. Don't even get me started on how they shamelessly stole the battle system from Kingdom Hearts and just threw some shit in with it to make it a little different. :wacky:

Final Fantasy is up shit's creek without a paddle right now. I wouldn't expect much else from FF in the coming years.

I thought it was pretty straightforward what was real-time and what wasn't.
This. Whoever started debating about whether is was CGI is an idiot. It doesn't matter how much money or development time you throw into a game, CGI will always look better, that's just how it is. You may get very good in-game graphics (like Final Fantasy XIII, Versus XIII etc) but the difference will always be noticeable between the two. I genuinely can't believe people debated it :ffs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back